Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You can't bash the running game yesturday... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 15, 2007, 12:34:24 PM

4Bucs, you need a t-shirt that says that.

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 15, 2007, 12:41:57 PM

The problem with the running game right now is more on the o-line than Graham.  If he was a great RB, he might have made a few more things happen, but still wouldn't have seen the good side of 60 yards rushing.   I can buy that we were overwhelmed going into Indy, they're a young bunch.  I can buy they got stuffed by one of the best d-lines out there.  But Boid's right, something needs to happen soon. 

I'm personally of the opinion that a back isn't going to make a tremendous difference this season.  If the line starts blocking better again we'll see decent production from what we already have.  Maybe a top back could turn that into something special, but that's a tall order for a new guy.  If the line just stagnates on the blocking, I doubt any back that we can get will make a difference.

The rewards for trading for a back seem to outweigh the benefits to me.  Maybe for a day-2, but I have a hard time seeing one of the available 3rd round tradeable backs having enough impact to make it worth it....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 15, 2007, 12:44:36 PM

The rewards for trading for a back seem to outweigh the benefits to me. Maybe for a day-2, but I have a hard time seeing one of the available 3rd round tradeable backs having enough impact to make it worth it....
Espescially considering that BA is probably looking for a lease, rather than ownership.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 15, 2007, 01:06:39 PM

I think not having a top-notch center is really showing up now.  I would consider Wade below average and ,IMO that is the single biggest problem with our running game.  Of course, the youth of the line is a factor but Wade, IMO is the biggest factor.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You can't bash the running game yesturday... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools