Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 14, 2006, 11:04:24 AM

Bill Cowher?

Russ Grimm!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 14, 2006, 11:06:58 AM

with the way what is going? If this is a vet team then yes, I agree, but it's not. Sorry, don't agree with you.

he does have the talent. You say it's up to the players to make plays but then say it's up to the coaches to make sure the playersa fundemnetally sound. Well, the players a f&cking up most of the time this year. Were you saying this about the team last year? WR's dropping balls is ridiculous, OL missing assignments is ridiculous, missing tackles is ridiculous. The players have been put in position to make plays this year and haven't come through. Stop crying about this.

Sean Payton? Good lord man you've lost it. This is your opinion correct? So it's your opinion that Peyton could accelerate the learning curve for Grads? Do you honestly think that? Drew Brees is a stud QB, it's great to have one of those running your offense like say Rich Gannon. Yeah, Gruden's offense sucked when he had a stud QB leading the way. This is a typical arm chair HC post and I thought you were better than that ADW.

blow up the offense? What are you talking about? They have players in place to have a very good offense but they need to gain the experience. IMO the Bucs only need a C, LT, and 1 WR. They've been adding young players for the past few years to BUILD AN OFFENSE. It's simple, the Defense will have the most change to it.

of course it falls on the HC as it does with any other team. Again, Gruden put the players in positions to make plays last night and it didn't happen. This sky is falling crap is getting on my nerves. Did you watch the game last night? We had freak'n PS players playing defense for donkey's sake. Grads missed a few big plays that I'm sure he's pissed off about right now. Gruden called a good game, let's not get it twisted here.

1. This years team is not a veteran team but we have seen the same mistakes on offense from two veteran teams with the 7-9 and 5-11 losing season. 

2. If the players are messing up then they need to be held accountable and their mistakes must be corrected.  Crying? This has been a problem for how many years now?  The Bucs have changed every single spot on on offense mutliple times.  Enough is enough with blaming the players from Brad, Griese, Simms, Gradkowski, Pittman, Carnell, Alstott, Graham, Oben, Whittle, Jenkins, Trueblood, Joseph, Davis, Smith, Becht, Buenning, AD, Wade, Walker, Clayton, Galloway, McCardell, Keyshawn, JJ, Mahan etc.

3. I have watched a lot of Gruden's day in Oakland.  I am not seeing the results he had in Oakland. 

4.  Maybe it is not you but the majority of the posters feel the offense needs to bring in new players at other spots as well on offense (TE, QB, etc). 

5. I watched the game last night.  The play calling was okay but not good enough.  Players made mistakes but this goes back to coaching.  Payton would not tolerate those mistakes. The Saints which have been riddled with mistakes for years look better simply by playing better football.

A young offense will struggle but when I see Galloway and Wade making mistakes (and many other veteran players in the past  that have made mistakes in this offense) I can no longer blame the players.  It is the coaching that needs to improve or the scheme.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : November 14, 2006, 11:20:36 AM

I don't really want Gruden fired, but if he is to be fired then there is really only one scenario I support next season:

Let Kiffin be our head coach. I know he doesn't want to be a head coach but maybe here in Tampa he would. Let Barry be the DC, and hire the best damn offensive coordinator we can find who is going to do whatever it takes to win. Gruden doesn't do it...he is unwilling to change his offense in order to win football games. He needs to start changing it up. We need to do anything to win football games at this point.

I think this would rekindle our defense and then hopefully buy us some time to get a new offense going.

If we wait another year then I would see a different head coach coming in. If Gruden really is going to be fired after this season then I support Kiffin as the HC.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 14, 2006, 11:23:05 AM

with the way what is going? If this is a vet team then yes, I agree, but it's not. Sorry, don't agree with you.

he does have the talent. You say it's up to the players to make plays but then say it's up to the coaches to make sure the playersa fundemnetally sound. Well, the players a f&cking up most of the time this year. Were you saying this about the team last year? WR's dropping balls is ridiculous, OL missing assignments is ridiculous, missing tackles is ridiculous. The players have been put in position to make plays this year and haven't come through. Stop crying about this.

Sean Payton? Good lord man you've lost it. This is your opinion correct? So it's your opinion that Peyton could accelerate the learning curve for Grads? Do you honestly think that? Drew Brees is a stud QB, it's great to have one of those running your offense like say Rich Gannon. Yeah, Gruden's offense sucked when he had a stud QB leading the way. This is a typical arm chair HC post and I thought you were better than that ADW.

blow up the offense? What are you talking about? They have players in place to have a very good offense but they need to gain the experience. IMO the Bucs only need a C, LT, and 1 WR. They've been adding young players for the past few years to BUILD AN OFFENSE. It's simple, the Defense will have the most change to it.

of course it falls on the HC as it does with any other team. Again, Gruden put the players in positions to make plays last night and it didn't happen. This sky is falling crap is getting on my nerves. Did you watch the game last night? We had freak'n PS players playing defense for donkey's sake. Grads missed a few big plays that I'm sure he's pissed off about right now. Gruden called a good game, let's not get it twisted here.

1. This years team is not a veteran team but we have seen the same mistakes on offense from two veteran teams with the 7-9 and 5-11 losing season.

2. If the players are messing up then they need to be held accountable and their mistakes must be corrected. Crying? This has been a problem for how many years now? The Bucs have changed every single spot on on offense mutliple times. Enough is enough with blaming the players from Brad, Griese, Simms, Gradkowski, Pittman, Carnell, Alstott, Graham, Oben, Whittle, Jenkins, Trueblood, Joseph, Davis, Smith, Becht, Buenning, AD, Wade, Walker, Clayton, Galloway, McCardell, Keyshawn, JJ, Mahan etc.

3. I have watched a lot of Gruden's day in Oakland. I am not seeing the results he had in Oakland.

4. Maybe it is not you but the majority of the posters feel the offense needs to bring in new players at other spots as well on offense (TE, QB, etc).

5. I watched the game last night. The play calling was okay but not good enough. Players made mistakes but this goes back to coaching. Payton would not tolerate those mistakes. The Saints which have been riddled with mistakes for years look better simply by playing better football.

A young offense will struggle but when I see Galloway and Wade making mistakes (and many other veteran players in the past that have made mistakes in this offense) I can no longer blame the players. It is the coaching that needs to improve or the scheme.

If you watched his time in Oakland then why would you have these questions? He had a very good veteran QB leading his offense. Peyton has the same right now in NO so it's not really fair to compare the two right now. Peyton wouldn't tolerate those mistakes? What's the love affair with Peyton all of the sudden? Honestly, the guy has a great QB which can hide a ton of problems. The Bucs don't have that luxury at this point. Please, stop licking Peyton.

I will not sit here and say Gruden's far from blame here. He's the HC, it's his responsibility but there has to be a time when the players make the plays. The play-calling was pretty damn good last night but of course the TO's just kill that. Grads had the first down before he fumbled and Caddy's fumble was awful. Those are the two mistakes that really lost the game. The int's had little affect in terms of where the Panthers got the ball.

Gruden will get what he deserves when the time is right. If that's an extension then it's an extension, if it's the pink slip then it's the pink slip. This FO has created the cap room FINALLY to grab a few impact players in FA and another top draft pick will do wonders.

The Bucs have the second hardest schedule in the league with a rookie QB. They have played better teams than the Saints have this year, stop with the Sean Peyton insanity, please.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 14, 2006, 11:33:17 AM

If you watched his time in Oakland then why would you have these questions? He had a very good veteran QB leading his offense. Peyton has the same right now in NO so it's not really fair to compare the two right now. Peyton wouldn't tolerate those mistakes? What's the love affair with Peyton all of the sudden? Honestly, the guy has a great QB which can hide a ton of problems. The Bucs don't have that luxury at this point. Please, stop licking Peyton.

Gruden did not have a very good QB leading the offense when he first was there in Oakland when they went 8-8 in their first year nor when he was in Philly when he was the OC (.  I compare the Saints to the Bucs based on the mistakes being made on offense in general not the QB's.  The Saints under Haslett made too many mistakes.   Up to this point Gradkowski had not made plenty of mistakes.  The rest of the offense has been making mistakes for a while.  And it is simply not just this year but Gruden's entire tenure here where players make mistakes. At what point can we stop blaming the players?

I will not sit here and say Gruden's far from blame here. He's the HC, it's his responsibility but there has to be a time when the players make the plays. The play-calling was pretty damn good last night but of course the TO's just kill that. Grads had the first down before he fumbled and Caddy's fumble was awful. Those are the two mistakes that really lost the game. The int's had little affect in terms of where the Panthers got the ball.

How does the rookie of the year from last year regress? How does Clayton regress? How come the offense has issues with batted balls regardless who the QB is?  Not matter how many players change the results are the same.

The Bucs have the second hardest schedule in the league with a rookie QB. They have played better teams than the Saints have this year,

The Saints virtually have the same schedule except for maybe two games.  Even with a hard schedule and a rookie QB this team is good enough to be .500.  So far they are way below .500.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 14, 2006, 11:38:12 AM

if anybody thinks the Glazers will pay Gruden millions of dollars of guaranteed money are stupid or on crack [banghead]

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 14, 2006, 11:38:47 AM

The Glazers could give Gruden another chance or let another coach walk into a good situation (cap space, top draft picks).  With the way things are progressing I am not so sure anymore.  And with the way the public opinion has completely turned on Gruden I would not be suprised if the Glazers pulled the trigger. 

I am feeling that same feeling I had when it was Dungy's last year and I hope I am wrong. 

Where've you been the last few years?  He's the evil ogre that slew Dungy and then won with his team.  He's never been popular here.  Even after the SB, most casual fans and all our media never gave him half the credit they gave to Tony for that win...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 14, 2006, 11:40:08 AM

Gruden did not have a very good QB leading the offense when he first was there in Oakland when they went 8-8 in their first year nor when he was in Philly when he was the OC (. I compare the Saints to the Bucs based on the mistakes being made on offense in general not the QB's. The Saints under Haslett made too many mistakes. Up to this point Gradkowski had not made plenty of mistakes. The rest of the offense has been making mistakes for a while. And it is simply not just this year but Gruden's entire tenure here where players make mistakes. At what point can we stop blaming the players?

How does the rookie of the year from last year regress? How does Clayton regress? How come the offense has issues with batted balls regardless who the QB is? Not matter how many players change the results are the same.

The Bucs have the second hardest schedule in the league with a rookie QB. They have played better teams than the Saints have this year,

The Saints virtually have the same schedule except for maybe two games. Even with a hard schedule and a rookie QB this team is good enough to be .500. So far they are way below .500.

I'm tired and have a headache from all of this milarkey.

This team should never had sniffed the playoffs last year and Gruden made it work. He's not all of the sudden become a bad coach. Huh, batted balls? Are we still talking about that? Every game I watch there's at least 3-4 batted balls from every team.
Simms was the main reason for the batted balls, there's not questioning that.

Sophmore slump isn't a made up thing, it happens to a ton of players. Do you see any room for Caddy to run right now? I don't.

The Saints haven't played the same schedule ADW and this team isn't good enough to be .500, sorry to break it to you. Have you seen the records of the other teams that have a rookie QB playing? I guess not.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 14, 2006, 11:41:18 AM

The Glazers could give Gruden another chance or let another coach walk into a good situation (cap space, top draft picks).  With the way things are progressing I am not so sure anymore.  And with the way the public opinion has completely turned on Gruden I would not be suprised if the Glazers pulled the trigger. 

I am feeling that same feeling I had when it was Dungy's last year and I hope I am wrong. 

Where've you been the last few years?  He's the evil ogre that slew Dungy and then won with his team.  He's never been popular here.  Even after the SB, most casual fans and all our media never gave him half the credit they gave to Tony for that win...

That is true to a degree.  But a lot of his supporters this year are losing faith (eg me).   The Glazers have been in Gruden's corner for a while now but at some point they will have to make a choice.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 14, 2006, 11:43:32 AM

I don't understand why people continue to talk about a coach who has been gone from this place for five years now.  ;)

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 14, 2006, 12:18:01 PM

Im beginning to lose my patience with Gruden. I've been one of his biggest fans for a while but I just cant stand how poorly prepared our Offense seems to be week in week out. All we're any good at on Offense is fumbling for christ's sakes, and then add to that the fact that Gruden zaps all the confidence out of his players if they make a mistake.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#26 : November 14, 2006, 12:19:15 PM

people live in the past... gruden is our coach now and their isn't another coach who can come here and do better with the talent we have. we have a young offense with an aging defense. we have personel issues and coaching issues outside of gruden. gruden isn't the only coach on the team you know.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#27 : November 14, 2006, 12:46:53 PM

people live in the past... gruden is our coach now and their isn't another coach who can come here and do better with the talent we have.
How do you know that?

Goober

Second String

#28 : November 14, 2006, 12:50:56 PM

Gruden WILL be here next year.  The Glazers will NOT pay for a head coach that's not here.  Gruden is under contract for 2007.  The only way he's NOT is if someone already here (Kiffin?) assumes the HC job on an interim basis in 2007.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#29 : November 14, 2006, 12:56:07 PM

Gruden WILL be here next year.  The Glazers will NOT pay for a head coach that's not here.  Gruden is under contract for 2007.  The only way he's NOT is if someone already here (Kiffin?) assumes the HC job on an interim basis in 2007.

That is the only situation I can see happening if Gruden isn't our coach next season. Kiffin would have to take over as our new HC.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools