Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the season pretty much over « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #15 : November 14, 2006, 10:28:51 AM »

Looking ahead to April who do you see us taking in the first few rounds

1st  round: Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
2nd round 1st pick: Quenton Moses DE Georgia
2nd Round 2nd Pick: Marcus Thomas DT Floida
3rd Round: Brian Leonard FB Rutgers

I would love to see the first day look something like this

WOW.....you are clueless.

With the exception of Marcus Thomas being a second round pick that isn't a bad draft. In fact if he had just swapped Leonard and Thomas and left Thomas off completely its a pretty good draft.

simms22

Second String

« #16 : November 14, 2006, 10:28:56 AM »

1st  round: Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

What exactly is wrong with that list besides maybe leonard? Calvin Johnson is a stud and will a great impact to any team. Moses is a very solid DE as is Thomas at DT.  3rd round safety or linebacker would probably be in order

« #17 : November 14, 2006, 10:29:39 AM »

I am looking at some draft boards Moses isnt in the first round....we will have a high 2nd round pick. I like the moses pick here
Can you agree that with the problems Marcus Thomas had at Florida he will drop out of the first round? Maybe not as far as I have him with that second pick but maybe?
Brian Leonard at 3, again he is not mentioned in the first round he may go second but like before we will have a high third round pick so we may steal him here.

So what is so clueless about that?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #18 : November 14, 2006, 10:31:20 AM »

Right now we're slated to end up with the 4th pck in the draft and I imagine Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn will be the first 3 picks (no particular order) so what do we do next?

If possible, trade down and add another late 1st or early 2nd rounder to do so. And in THIS draft, not 2008. 2008 will be too late.

Hmmm intriguing, but I think we need Gaines Adams more than another pick. Who's going to trade up for the fourth pick?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #19 : November 14, 2006, 10:33:50 AM »

1st  round: Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

I am looking at some draft boards Moses isnt in the first round....we will have a high 2nd round pick. I like the moses pick here
Can you agree that with the problems Marcus Thomas had at Florida he will drop out of the first round? Maybe not as far as I have him with that second pick but maybe?
Brian Leonard at 3, again he is not mentioned in the first round he may go second but like before we will have a high third round pick so we may steal him here.

Moses is falling and he will slide out of the first round, but I like Lamarr Woodley and Victor Aiamiri better. Marcus Thomas is probably going to slide near the bottem of the 3rd round if not all the way out of the 1st day because he has major issues, possibly drug related. No one is going to spend a high pick on a player who may end up being being suspended for four games in the near future.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 14, 2006, 10:36:35 AM »

Woodely, Adams, and possibly Branch if he declares.  Any of the three would be nice. Joe Thomas and Quinn will be 1 or 2 most likely.  CJ is the wild card in this but my feelings on him I have made known already (see Mario Williams vs Reggie Bush debate).

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #21 : November 14, 2006, 10:39:36 AM »

Woodely, Adams, and possibly Branch if he declares. Any of the three would be nice. Joe Thomas and Quinn will be 1 or 2 most likely. CJ is the wild card in this but my feelings on him I have made known already (see Mario Williams vs Reggie Bush debate).

Woodley with the 4th overall pick?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #22 : November 14, 2006, 10:40:50 AM »

Woodely, Adams, and possibly Branch if he declares. Any of the three would be nice. Joe Thomas and Quinn will be 1 or 2 most likely. CJ is the wild card in this but my feelings on him I have made known already (see Mario Williams vs Reggie Bush debate).

I think he is going to rise. 

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #23 : November 14, 2006, 10:41:35 AM »

1st round: Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

Right now Moses is a consenus top 15 pick, 1st pick round 2...yeah I'd like to see him there as well.

He's dropping fast Dal. With Woodley and Abiamiri rising Moses may slide out of the first round. I agree with drafting a Safety, possibly with the 1st second round pick.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #24 : November 14, 2006, 10:41:41 AM »

I dont know about the later picks, but i want the first two to be Calvin Johnson and Eric Weddle

« #25 : November 14, 2006, 10:41:59 AM »

I also like
Sidney Rice
Reggie Nelson
Michael Griffin
Dwayne Jarrett

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #26 : November 14, 2006, 10:42:39 AM »

I think he is going to rise.

into the Top 5?

abucsfan

Starter

« #27 : November 14, 2006, 10:44:14 AM »

I like Gaines Adams DE Clemson or LaRon Landry DB LSU or maybe even CB Leon Hall Michigan.  We have to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball on day one I believe.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #28 : November 14, 2006, 10:44:33 AM »

Possibly but if Branch declares he could steal his thunder.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #29 : November 14, 2006, 10:46:18 AM »

Branch?
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the season pretty much over « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools