Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the season pretty much over « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #30 : November 14, 2006, 10:46:26 AM »

2nd round (b): Kyle Young C Fresno St, good lord this guy is a beast. Tired of seeing Wade get pushed back at the snap of the ball, fear no more because this guys a mountain who many scouts believe has the footwork to play LT in the NFL.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Young.  I know he gets an awful lot of love here, but he's been suspended indefinitely for academic reasons.  Which is bad for any player, but especially worrisome for a center, who generally needs to be pretty smart.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=jm-prospectwatch111006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

about mid-way down the article.

« #31 : November 14, 2006, 10:46:45 AM »

After what you have seen this season, are you sure our RB position is set? Not too mention, we need a new one to replace Pitt anyway.

That is the saddest part about our team's current state of affairs. There isn't a single position that we can look at and say its in good hands for the foreseeable future. To me, it speaks volumes about our current regime.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #32 : November 14, 2006, 10:47:45 AM »

Branch?

Alan Branch.  It's pretty much a consensus that if he declares, he'll be the top-rated DT prospect in the draft.

« #33 : November 14, 2006, 10:48:27 AM »

I like Gaines Adams DE Clemson or LaRon Landry DB LSU or maybe even CB Leon Hall Michigan.  We have to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball on day one I believe.

I know, but I dont see Gruden missing the opportunity to grab the best player in the draft if he is there.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #34 : November 14, 2006, 10:50:21 AM »

2nd round (b): Kyle Young C Fresno St, good lord this guy is a beast. Tired of seeing Wade get pushed back at the snap of the ball, fear no more because this guys a mountain who many scouts believe has the footwork to play LT in the NFL.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Young.  I know he gets an awful lot of love here, but he's been suspended indefinitely for academic reasons.  Which is bad for any player, but especially worrisome for a center, who generally needs to be pretty smart.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=jm-prospectwatch111006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

about mid-way down the article.

Thanks I did not know that. What team does Branch play for? The name just isn't registering with me right now.

[banghead]nevermind, Michigan...

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #35 : November 14, 2006, 10:52:42 AM »

I like Gaines Adams DE Clemson or LaRon Landry DB LSU or maybe even CB Leon Hall Michigan.  We have to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball on day one I believe.

I know, but I dont see Gruden missing the opportunity to grab the best player in the draft if he is there.

Especially when that best player of the draft would fill a very real need.  The overall theme of the first day has got to be defense, but I don't know that the team can afford to get tunnel-vision with their first pick.  Hopefully if the team does wind up going with the offense in rd 1, they'll have done well enough in FA to help offset that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #36 : November 14, 2006, 10:56:01 AM »

Branch?

Alan Branch.  It's pretty much a consensus that if he declares, he'll be the top-rated DT prospect in the draft.

Branch (Michigan) is a beast, and if he declares I wouldn't mind the pick.  The guy compares very favorably to John Henderson on the Jags and plays with an extremely high motor, which we definitely need on the line.

« #37 : November 14, 2006, 11:00:57 AM »

Especially when that best player of the draft would fill a very real need.  The overall theme of the first day has got to be defense, but I don't know that the team can afford to get tunnel-vision with their first pick.  Hopefully if the team does wind up going with the offense in rd 1, they'll have done well enough in FA to help offset that.

This will be a HEAVY defensive draft. We will have a high draft pick in the second round as well. There will be some first round defensive talent that will fall to the second round especially at 1-4 pick.  I like taking a game changer #1 a guy that will make this team good from the start Calvin Johnson will do that.  Defense should be the emphasis after that taking a DE/S  and a DT/LB with that second pick.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #38 : November 14, 2006, 11:01:57 AM »

I think an edge rusher is a bigger priority and that kid Okoye fits the 3 technique mold better than Branch.

Adams
Meriweather
Okoye

spells good defensive draft on the first day.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

« #39 : November 17, 2006, 12:38:46 AM »

we definately to upgrade and reload at alot of positions.the question on my mind is how much does character count in the lockerroom?can we bring in a real buttkicker and still have a cohesive unit?i think so.i have not seen him much but that mkristo bruce guy sounds pretty good.as for meriweather from miami will he be around long enough to make plays.yes he plays good but has some issues.the way i see it a new left tackle,center,d-tackle,a olb,safety,are the main upgrade areas.a vet qb or maybe l.mckown will do.it is tough to think about a defense without some former stars but necessary.can you replace brooks,maybe rice,booger,yes.phillips without a doubt is toast.alstott,simms,and maybe pittman to the scrap heap.these won't be popular moves but they are needed to win next year.with the supposed money available plus some high draft picks the bucs can be right back in the hunt by next season.with the season not over it is hard to think of these things.still the future seems to be all us fans can hope for now.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the season pretty much over « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools