Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say what you will...(The bright side) « previous next »
Page: 1

: November 14, 2006, 04:37:27 PM

The only silver lining in all of this is that we'll get a top 3 pick next year and we already have
TWO picks in the 2nd round as well, and a much EASIER schedule next year I guess.

#1 : November 14, 2006, 10:56:31 AM

Everyone is hating on Gruden right now and rightfully so, in many ways.  Ron and Ian were talking today about the "horrible shape" that Jon Gruden is "leaving the team in".

Say what you will, Gruden has us:

1) Really young (even the D seems to have some youth, if last night is any indication).
2) Way under the cap.

If anything, another coach (who might be) coming in after next season will walk into a very good situation.

That being said, it's sort of sad that this is now considered "looking on the bright side".

[banghead]

Can you think of a silver lining?  Post below.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 14, 2006, 11:01:48 AM

If we are to believe this, then we are to believe that Allen and the Glazers really do report to Gruden and does everything he says.  I have got to give some credit to other people for the team having some good youth prospects and being under the cap.

mnbuc

Starter
#3 : November 14, 2006, 11:06:56 AM

Regardless of this years record I doubt that Gruden get the axe after the season.  If it stays like this next year the door will have closed on his tenure here for shure. 

#4 : November 14, 2006, 11:08:25 AM

If we are to believe this, then we are to believe that Allen and the Glazers really do report to Gruden and does everything he says.  I have got to give some credit to other people for the team having some good youth prospects and being under the cap.

I understand what you're saying, but I think that Gruden is like the President of the US: if things go well, it's him getting it done.  If things go poorly, it's his fault.

Allen does get Gruden's players, much more than McKay did.  Gruden is at the helm.  This is his product we see on the field.  And Monte's.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : November 14, 2006, 11:13:39 AM

Coaching wise, Gruden showed last night that he is still getting guys open. With proper execution we would have easily won that game. What we need is new players who are going to have good attitudes and are going to make the plays. Clayton seems like a bad egg all of a sudden, and Galloway is only a stud when he wants to be. WR seems like it could be our biggest problem at this point so we may just be drafting Calvin Johnson 1st and looking over the FA wire for some playmakers. We don't have enough.

Also, somebody has to get on Cadillac for his fumbling and lack of production. He is our best player and he needs to step up and be the guy here. He hasn't done a thing this season.

#6 : November 14, 2006, 11:16:29 AM

Coaching wise, Gruden showed last night that he is still getting guys open. With proper execution we would have easily won that game. What we need is new players who are going to have good attitudes and are going to make the plays. Clayton seems like a bad egg all of a sudden, and Galloway is only a stud when he wants to be. WR seems like it could be our biggest problem at this point so we may just be drafting Calvin Johnson 1st and looking over the FA wire for some playmakers. We don't have enough.

Also, somebody has to get on Cadillac for his fumbling and lack of production. He is our best player and he needs to step up and be the guy here. He hasn't done a thing this season.

I agree.  Gradkowski looked like a rookie, though.  He attempted the throws, just didn't make them.  If he makes those throws, Caddy could have probably run the ball a bit better.

Caddy is not right, though.

And Grads is about what you're going to get from a rookie.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 14, 2006, 11:26:40 AM

2nd year RB slump is not that uncommon.

I like that "leaving the team in" comment too, gues Ron and Ian think it's done.

Overall the biggest thing you notice isn't a lack of effort, it's a lack of confidence in themselves.  Too hesitant, trying to be too percise, not making plays, getting intimidated...

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 14, 2006, 11:29:33 AM

If Gruden's health survives this period of time; I believe he will be here next year. Whether or not he will be here in '08, that's yet to be determined. However, he'll age 20 years in the next seven weeks if we can't put something together to look somewhat presentable.

#9 : November 14, 2006, 11:30:04 AM

2nd year RB slump is not that uncommon.

I like that "leaving the team in" comment too, gues Ron and Ian think it's done.

Overall the biggest thing you notice isn't a lack of effort, it's a lack of confidence in themselves.  Too hesitant, trying to be too percise, not making plays, getting intimidated...

Ron and Ian seem to dislike Gruden.  Either that, or they are just consistently sensationalistic.  I wonder if that helps their ratings...hmmm...Guess we'll never know.  ;)

I agree that the O sometimes seems to be on the cusp of doing great things, but they just can't get over the hump.  Alot of that is on Grads: this is what having a rookie QB looks like.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 14, 2006, 11:30:36 AM

Wow some logical thinking when it comes to Gruden and the team. Maybe we could filter that to Ron and Ian, seems like they need some. I saw on numerous occasions WR's WIDE OPEN and our young QB missed the mark. It's going to happen and has happened more than we'd like to see.

Gruden is getting the players in position to make plays, PERIOD. It's up to them at that point.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 14, 2006, 02:29:59 PM

The silver lining to me is the fact that Galloway is clearly our only threat right now, everyone in the league knows it, yet he STILL gets open 3-4 times a game for deep balls that we just keep missing. Simms and his top notch deep ball are sorely missed right now. If Grads had a deep ball like Simms I truly believe we would be 5-4 maybe 6-3 right now. These are huge plays we are missing out on and you only get so many in the NFL.

I guess the silver lining is the fact that at least some opportunities have been there, we haven't been getting shut down completely.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say what you will...(The bright side) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools