Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What exactly is GruAllen's contract situation? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gone

Hall of Famer
: November 14, 2006, 05:32:12 PM

That "losing your starting QB" argument is going to lose weight fast when we don't resign Simms.  Jon was set to stick with the kid due to lack of better alternatives, and now he's going to yet another QB.  That puts Simms in the role of "Not-Quite" starter...

Well, when you consider how many reps in practice and TC versus how many the rookie got, it means quite a lot.
Yeah but we're not talking about loosing a franchise QB.  If (well, when) Simms goes, he was just another QB on the carousel, not "the answer" knocked out for a year.  One of the biggest problems under Gru has been the revolving door at QB, and Simms' departure will just accentuate that. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 14, 2006, 05:10:32 PM

That "losing your starting QB" argument is going to lose weight fast when we don't resign Simms.  Jon was set to stick with the kid due to lack of better alternatives, and now he's going to yet another QB.  That puts Simms in the role of "Not-Quite" starter...

Well, when you consider how many reps in practice and TC versus how many the rookie got, it means quite a lot.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 14, 2006, 04:05:49 PM

#3 : November 14, 2006, 10:59:51 AM

With all the talk of the need for a coaching change, I was just wondering how much $$ the Glazers would be on the hook for if they indeed decided to pull the trigger?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : November 14, 2006, 11:04:45 AM

With all the talk of the need for a coaching change, I was just wondering how much $$ the Glazers would be on the hook for if they indeed decided to pull the trigger?
Pocket change to them.

#5 : November 14, 2006, 11:13:26 AM

I am still waiting to hear the possible replacements for Gru/Allen.  Everyone wants to fire them, but no one offers a solution.  Does this mean that they are saying "Anyone is better than the current regime"??

And you bring in a new group and the process starts all over again.

Not sure it is the way to go.....yet.

It just seems counter-productive at this time.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 14, 2006, 11:16:11 AM

Ron Rivera
Ron Turner
Cam Cameron

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : November 14, 2006, 11:17:02 AM

I am still waiting to hear the possible replacements for Gru/Allen.  Everyone wants to fire them, but no one offers a solution.  Does this mean that they are saying "Anyone is better than the current regime"??

It's not our job to find replacements, just like it wasn't Rams, Saints, or Jets fans responsibility to find replacements for their teams.....but that worked out.

Just playing devil's advocate to this overused point of view on a coaching change. I don't want Gruden fired, but to ask who the replacement should be is poor. Nobody knew what Cowher could do 12 years ago, or Jimmy Johnson back in 1989. Why is it so hard to believe that a "no name" coach couldn't be successful?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : November 14, 2006, 11:17:57 AM

Hey, fire Gruden now and he'll be coaching in Arizona before you can blink an eye. Then they become successful and we'll all be crying in our beer. LOL...

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : November 14, 2006, 11:20:51 AM

I am still waiting to hear the possible replacements for Gru/Allen. Everyone wants to fire them, but no one offers a solution. Does this mean that they are saying "Anyone is better than the current regime"??

It's not our job to find replacements, just like it wasn't Rams, Saints, or Jets fans responsibility to find replacements for their teams.....but that worked out.

Just playing devil's advocate to this overused point of view on a coaching change. I don't want Gruden fired, but to ask who the replacement should be is poor. Nobody knew what Cowher could do 12 years ago, or Jimmy Johnson back in 1989. Why is it so hard to believe that a "no name" coach couldn't be successful?

You keep bringing up Cowher's name, and as pointed out he went through some very tough times after losing the Superbowl, but they stuck with him and he got back to the Superbowl.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : November 14, 2006, 11:30:29 AM

I am still waiting to hear the possible replacements for Gru/Allen. Everyone wants to fire them, but no one offers a solution. Does this mean that they are saying "Anyone is better than the current regime"??

You keep bringing up Cowher's name, and as pointed out he went through some very tough times after losing the Superbowl, but they stuck with him and he got back to the Superbowl.
Tough times? He got to the AFC Championship game almost every other year.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 14, 2006, 11:31:46 AM

Ron Rivera
Ron Turner
Cam Cameron

good god help me. this has gone off the deep end. :(

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 14, 2006, 11:36:11 AM

Well...before the 2005 season last year I would have taken Gruden over Cowher.  Now that he is over that hump I can not say that honestly anymore. 

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#13 : November 14, 2006, 11:44:03 AM

Tough times? He got to the AFC Championship game almost every other year.

Not even. The lean years were 98-00, no playoff berths, 6-10, 7-9 and 9-7 records, then in 2003 6-10 and now this year, 3-6. The point is Cowher walked into a great situation, but also had to go through a rebuilding process and even then things were not perfect. His success mirrors Gruden, only Gruden built a team from scratch in Oakland and started out 8-8 for two years. Both have the same winning percentage at .547

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#14 : November 14, 2006, 11:46:45 AM

Well...before the 2005 season last year I would have taken Gruden over Cowher. Now that he is over that hump I can not say that honestly anymore.

and Cowher is where? One win better than Gruden this season? One superbowl win with historically better teams? With a 5 year coaching head start.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What exactly is GruAllen's contract situation? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools