Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cheer up fellow Fans « previous next »
Page: 1

Badabingnrt

Starter

« : September 30, 2006, 07:53:43 PM »

What's up all?  I'm new to this board.  Been a Bucs Fan for a while.  Just wanted to say to keep your heads up.  We all know our Bucs are a nerve-racking crew to watch.  It seems to matter who they are playing, whether it's the Colts or the Texans; it will be a close and "on the edge" of your seat game.

This year has been a dissapointment thus far, but I got that feeling we will bounce back.  I think Gradkowski is primed for success.  I wasn't big on Simms to begin with, but his good play(or should I say ability to let Cadillac and the Defense win the games) last year had me on his side.

Week 1- Bucs lose 27-0.  Yeah we were just flat in this game.  He threw a pick 6 and another which set the Ravens up for a 6 yard score.  That's 14 points.  3 interceptions isn't going to get it done, but the offensive line was terrible in this game.

Week2-Bucs lose 14-3.  Another 3 interceptions.  Including one at the 2, taking 7 away from the Bucs.  You also got to love the call back on #55s INT return.  yeah i'm sure that offensive lineman would have caught derrick brooks who was 30 yards ahead of him.  Our rush defense was horrible, however, you can't blame the offensive line for this poor performance of Simms.

Week 3-Bucs lose 26-24.  Simms had just one interception.  But it was a crucial one.  Set up some easy points for the Panthers.  The offense got some rythem however with the defense forcing turnovers.  I don't blame Simms for this loss.  I blame the defense for letting Delhomme run 11 yards on a 4th down play.  COME ON NOW.

Anyway, I understand we are 0-3, but don't get discouraged because Simms went down for the year.  It's not like he was setting the league on fire with his 1 TD to 7 Interceptions ratio.  Bruce Gradkowski, being that 6th round pick from Toledo, couldn't do much worse.  He has that charisma about him in which I think he will be good for the Bucs.  I'm not saying the Bucs are going to have themselves a Tom Brady here, but I do think that Gradkowski could be our future.

All Simms lovers, it's over.  I liked Simms with his ability to step in for Griese, but you don't honestly think Gruden likes him, do you?  I mean we see the faces he makes.  I think he will get offered a contract, but not as a starter.  The Bucs will either go with Gradkowski, a free agent QB, or if gradkowski **CENSORED**s the bed and they end up with a top pick, possibly Troy Smith or most likely Brady Quinn.

Anyway, let's keep our heads up.  We got a nice young nucleus on offense.  Cadillac Williams, Alex Smith, Michael Clayton, and Maurice Stovall.  We are set at the skill positions for years to come.  Davin Joseph wil be a solid player, as will Jeremy Trueblood.  You can also count on Dan Buenning to be a solid guard.

Many complain about the Bucs not using their draft picks for defense.  Just watch these next drafts.  The Bucs will draft prodimately defense.  Most of their offense is pencilled in for years to come.  Gruden and Allen have a plan, trusty me.  They know more then us and work 24-7 on this franchise.

The defense is still good.  I understand we got guys to replace in the future like Rice, Brooks, Quarles, Spires, Barber, and Kelly.  DeWayne White is going to be a player and will be a starter next year.  Anthony McFarland and Chris Hovan are like 27 or 28 years old.  They should be fine.  So that leaves us one spot open.  I'm telling you that we won't see both Spires and Rice leave in the same off-season.

Barrett Ruud is slowing transforming into the starter due to Quarles injury.  They even moved Quarles over to have him start.  He will be fine.  Expect them to use a draft pick high next year to eventually replace Brooks.  However, Brooks is fine for the next few years.  Ryan Nece is still young.

Ronde Barber was just locked up, but you can expect Brian Kelly to move on when his contract is done.  The Bucs aren't going to lock up two 30 year old corners long term.  They chose Barber and I'm happy about that as he is more of a team player and would be a good teacher to Alan Ziemetis and the corner they draft next year.  Our safeties are young.

So it's not all doom and gloom.  Gruden will rely on Caddy and you know our Bucs like to play with adversity.

I think we can sweep the Saints, and win 2 out of 3 against the Eagles, Bengals, and Giants.  We have the Saints number as of late and I don't think they are that great.  The Eagles haven't played anyone.  If we played the Texans, 49ers, and Giants....we'd be 2-1 as well.

I think we can be 3-5 or 4-4 heading into the half way point.  This is assuming that the defense plays like it did all of last year and for the second half last week.  It's also assuming that Cadillac get put it together and that Gradkowski can do what Simms did last year in manage the game.

I'm telling you, stay confident.  The season is young.  Last year the Bears were 1-3 at one point, while the Falcons were 6-2.  Anything can happen.....and if it doesn't we have a nice young nucleus and "the future is so bright, i need sunglasses"

By the way, since in new here......I'm
1: Huge Gruden Fan.  I don't agree with his play calling all the time, but i love this guy as our coach.  Wouldn't want anyone else leading our Bucs.  I don't understand you Dungy fans.  This guy made up the Eagles "biatches" in the playoffs.  I like the guy but i lost all respect for him as a coach when he let Peyton call off his punt against the Steelers.  Could you imagine a QB telling Gruden, na i have a better idea.......

2: Don't understand the hatred towards Booger McFarland.  Yeah I understand he wasn't worth that first round selection, but he is a solid defensive tackle.  I hear people wanting back-ups to start over him.

3: Love the Bucs.  They make every sunday an adventure and it doesn't matter who they are playing they give it their all.  By the way, who was the last NFC team to win the Super Bowl.

That's right....the Tampa Bay Buccaneers........keep your heads up guys.....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #1 : September 30, 2006, 08:00:55 PM »

Welcome to the boards!  A quality first post.  We will see how this season unfolds and what direction the Bucs go with certain players.  I think Grakowski is that system QB that Gruden has always wanted but more importantly has that it factor about him.  I do not see Grakowski playing lights out and I expect some poor performances this year.  With that said I also expect to see some exciting play from Bruce.

calicojack

Starter
« #2 : September 30, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »

Welcome aboard!  Good to see you are a Gruden fan.  You'll find not everyone is.  Booger makes too much money for the production we get from him.  Love the Bucs and Kool-Aid myself.  Last year was perhaps the most entertaining season yet.

The Dream Team

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 30, 2006, 08:08:31 PM »

Welcome, good first post although I have only read half of it......needed a dinner break.

mnbuc

Starter
« #4 : September 30, 2006, 08:08:44 PM »

Welcome aboard!!  Interesting 1st post keep up the good work.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

« #5 : September 30, 2006, 09:49:51 PM »

Yes, welcome. Glad to have another Buc/Gruden fan aboard.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #6 : September 30, 2006, 10:08:53 PM »

I question how many games you watched last year? If you watched atl games or the wash game Chris was responsible for bringing us back to win. And Caddy was out a couple of games. ???

Bucs Bowl

Starter

« #7 : September 30, 2006, 10:36:33 PM »

Great Post! Welcome! Looking forward to hard play from the bucs. Can't win them all but it sucks if they aren't trying hard.

Lady Pirate, Simms did lead us back to alot of wins last year.. I got two words for you! SHAUN KING!!!!!

One hit wonders are all over, Simms may still be good but not worth signing him to a Long Term Contract... I say offer a 1yr deal to have depth!

Time will tell with Gradkowski but he definately looks like a good guy to manage a game and also make plays. I don't expect a Shaun King performance but hey you never know!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #8 : October 01, 2006, 10:25:48 AM »

Welcome to the boards badabing.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cheer up fellow Fans « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools