Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy's woes « previous next »
Page: 1

Stretchcaddy

Starter

: November 14, 2006, 04:00:41 PM

I am not concerned about caddy at all. He is and will be a great beack for the bucs for years to come. Once the line gets better and our qb position is solidified, you will see caddy having games like 16 carries for 122 yards. They wont have to run him alot because gruden will still pass more, but the difference wll be caddy will be able to do more with those carries because the qb position will solid. Alot of people did not like griese but caddy had his best games with griese at the position, because defenses knew griese could throw the ball( not that great, but still), and that opened it up for caddy, and we had a weaker line last year at the time.

If al fails kets do some zone blockin like falcons and broncos!!!!!!!!!!

FullBack

Second String

#1 : November 14, 2006, 11:36:56 AM

The problems with running game could be debated endlessly, i.e.,  not enough carries, OL blocking, scheme, 8 or 9 men in the box,  etc., but after watching and focusing on it, I'm of the opinion that the bulk of the problem is Caddy himself.

On runs off tackle, he's not being patient enough to set up his blocks and then react accordingly.
On runs up the gut,  he's got to make one move to hit the hole dead on, but he's not.
Tiki  Barber has stated this was his problem early on in his carreer, but he obviously corrected it.  That's the good news, in that  Caddy can improve.

Caddy proved last year he can play in this league, but with a 6th round rookie at QB, the defense is obviously cheating the line.  Nevertheless,  the running game should be better and I think alot of us can see holes there, Caddy's just not getting to them.   To his credit, he's getting to the line quickly and the effort is certainly there.

Interested in other's opinions.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 14, 2006, 11:48:55 AM

they should throw 500 balls a day to him he can't catch a cold i'm 65 and can still catch better then him....he tries to run before he catches it ...and does it all the time ....the linemen have better hands then him.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : November 14, 2006, 11:50:59 AM

i'm 65 and can still catch better then him....

You've probably never caught a ball with defenders all around you once in your life! Get over yourself.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 14, 2006, 11:58:11 AM

CERIOUS BUC,YOU MAY WANT TO WATCH THE GAMES A LITTLE CLOSER THIS YEAR AS CADILLAC DROPPED BALLS ALL YEAR WIDE OPEN WITH NOBODY NEAR HIM [banghead]

psymun

Starter
#5 : November 14, 2006, 12:19:53 PM

So let me get this straight... Caddy is supposed to be patient and wait for his blocks to set up while he is breaking 3 tackles in the backfield? BULL! You really need to watch the games a little more closely... Opposing defenses have 2-3 defenders in the backfield before Caddy even gets the ball...

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : November 14, 2006, 12:21:28 PM

CERIOUS BUC,YOU MAY WANT TO WATCH THE GAMES A LITTLE CLOSER THIS YEAR AS CADILLAC DROPPED BALLS ALL YEAR WIDE OPEN WITH NOBODY NEAR HIM [banghead]

yep, and you'd do the same....that was my point btw...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 14, 2006, 12:32:36 PM

Guys the problem is you have 3 out of 5 offensive lineman (last night; its usually 2 out of 5 normally) being overpowered and overwhelmed. You throw into the fact that the defense has zero fear of our QB and passing game you have a problem. Caddy will be fine, we have to loosen things up and block better, complete more passes or caddy will have a 6 year career because he will be getting killed by a 9 man front and OL that cannot block.

I personally feel that our problem is that we cannot pass, therefore we cannot run.

Baghead #2

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 14, 2006, 01:00:40 PM

they are loading the box and asking the rookie to beat them.. he cant..

Thats why there are passes.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 14, 2006, 02:55:38 PM

That's the problem with caddy's sometimes they run great and sometimes they dont go anywhere fast!  I use to own a 78' de'ellegance the name fits williams this year...

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#10 : November 14, 2006, 03:32:35 PM

We have no O-line?  That's the reason we can't run the ball.  Duh.  When the O-line gives Caddy a hole, he makes things happen.  We saw one or two of those last night.  But obviously, one or two is not going to cut it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 15, 2006, 01:30:23 AM

Running back Carnell Williams of the Buccaneers stands alongside Edgerrin James as one of fantasy football's most disappointing performers this season. Williams has rushed for fewer than 50 yards in six of nine starts and has contributed only one touchdown. The shuffling of the Buccaneers' offensive line and inconsistency in the passing game has made him ineffective.[/b]

Nuff said.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 15, 2006, 06:14:49 AM

dude.. there is only one buc to pick for fantasy football.. Galloway.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy's woes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools