Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 19, 2007, 02:46:18 AM

Hope the Blazers are better. It's good for the league. But in the end, Go Suns!!

In Verner We Trust

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 05, 2008, 09:02:08 PM

huh

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 17, 2007, 05:11:22 AM

Just around the corner.

One of the few things Ill miss about leaving Portland is the Blazers. Thank goodness for NBA League Pass.

Im really excited for this season even without Oden. Have very high hopes for Aldridge think he will avg 18+ a game. Im pleasantly surprised by how well Webster has played this preseason, going into camp I thought it was given Outlaw would start at SF but right now it seems Martell will. Disapointed in Sergio Rodriguez... definately in McMillian dog house but very excited to see how Taureen Green will do... McMillian said hes been very impressive.

#18 : October 25, 2007, 06:19:51 PM

The Knicks have no clue how to field a team with chemistry. Randolph will avg 25/10 and theyw ill still lose 50 games. Nah honestly I hope they do good, I like when the Knicks are winning

Lamarcus Aldridge is a beast, he should have a good year. Good luck to Portlant OBF

I hope Orlando puts it together. Losing Darko and Hill will hurt. I seriously despise Hill now. I hope he shatters his glass knee. Rob this franchise of millions and handcuff them for 7 years and then when his contract is up he bails. What a **CENSORED**. Wish we couldve kept Darko. I hope Foyle steps up, losing Battie is huge. Battie is a great role player and we are already thin in the front court as it is. Everyone is overlooking Orlando though, and its funny to me that teams like the KNicks, Raptors, Celtics, Cavs, Nets are being talked about WAY more than Orlando. With an unstoppable monster like Dwight Howard and a true all star like Lewis this team will be a very tough matchup for anyone

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 26, 2007, 03:16:14 AM

David Lee will have another All Star season and the Knicks will make the playoffs.
Randolph and Curry need to learn how to share the floor. Should be interesting.
Little Nate is growing up fast. Will help off the bench.

The talent is there. Now, will they play like a team?

Isiah is a joke. Should have been fired for the sexual harassment thing.

#20 : October 26, 2007, 08:23:34 AM

Not enough shots to go around for Curry, Crawford, Randolph and Marbury. Curry and Randolph dont play defense. David Lee and little Nate are specialty players with no set role. I guess Crawford has been playing better, but hes another guy who will hurt chemistry. I dont see how they expect to win games with this lineup. They wont mesh at all IMO

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 26, 2007, 09:28:37 AM

They're already meshing. Nice win over the Celtics a few night's ago in which both teams kept their
starters in there for almost the entire game. Rare for a pre-season game.

Curry didn't play that much in that game. Maybe he'll be part of a Kobe trade? Don't I wish.

Curry's torn labrum worries me.

Bucfanut

Starter

#22 : October 28, 2007, 12:17:17 PM

Not sure if my Jazz will build on last yr, or take a step back in order to take two forward in the future...AK47's issues worry me and I think losing Fisher's leadership may sting a bit. I am looking forward to seeing D-Will and Boozer again though, i think if they can keep those guys around, they'll be great for years, and I love Millsap. It'll be interesting to see what the rookie Almond can do, Sloan usually doesn't give rooks a lot of minutes but last yr was an exception with 'Sap. Who knows what'll happen with some of the other Euro's on the team (Memo, Giricek).

You live in Utah?

No, I don't actually; but have been...when i was little i just remember seeing 12 and 32 play and fell in love with the Jazz, and even when they moved on, i stuck with the team ( I didn't jump and become a Laker fan when 32 went there); and to be honest, although it may seem blasphemous to say, i almost enjoy this new Jazz team more than the old version. I like this young group they have. I have some pics from last yr of me in Utah, one of me and Sloan, The Bear mascot, some pics of the Malone/Stockton statues, me and Hot Rod Hundley, etc; i just am not good at posting pics on here.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#23 : October 30, 2007, 06:04:08 AM

Yea, I liked Law too.. I watched many games Texas A&M they showed on T.V and Law is CLUTCH. The guy comes up BIG in the stretch with clutch 3s and key free throws.

Except when he couldn't close out Memphis with a lay-up at point blank range. He cost me some money and his team an advancement there.

The subject came up of the Jazz, Boozer is going to be even more studly this year. He's got it all: the quickness, the touch, the PG, he's built like a rock. It came as no surprise that he blew up last year in the playoffs, he's just been getting better since he came off that injury in 06. Jazz fans wanted to trade him and talked about how fragile he was. Then he outplayed everybody in the postseason. Ha!

Am I the only one not convinced that Boston will make the NBA Finals? Pierce and Allen have both been banged up in recent seasons, and they have no depth. Guys like Rondo and Perkins in playoff match-ups should be one-sided. It kinda reminds me of KG's other successful team; the Spree/Cassell/KG Wolves. Got to the playoffs and had to put Trenton Hassell (good defender, no offense) on Kobe and Ollie Miller/Erv Johnson/Olowakandi on Shaq.

Take for instance, the Pistons if it gets to that. Rondo and Allen on Billups and Rip wouldn't go the Celts way. KG playing out on the arc guarding Sheed isn't really his thing. Perkins would get his --- handed to him by McDyess and Maxiell. Which leaves their favorable match-up as Pierce being guarded by Prince. They'll be good, but I don't see them making it in year one because it's new and if any one player falters, they don't have enough to recover.

#24 : October 30, 2007, 03:34:40 PM

So I guess half of the Orlando games wont be on tv since Brighthouse and FSN fail to come to an agreement. What a crock of **CENSORED**

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 30, 2007, 11:04:32 PM

Blazers just tossed a win away in San Antonio. If Roy played just a halfway decent game they prob win. Definately played better then I thought they would. Aldridge is legit put 27 on Duncan, him and Oden are gonna be nasty.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 31, 2007, 12:25:02 AM

Turned the TV off when the Spurs were up by 16.
Blazers just tossed a win away in San Antonio. If Roy played just a halfway decent game they prob win. Definately played better then I thought they would. Aldridge is legit put 27 on Duncan, him and Oden are gonna be nasty.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 31, 2007, 12:46:37 AM

Turned the TV off when the Spurs were up by 16.
missed a great 2nd half. Got to 4 end of the 3rd, and got down to 3 in the 4th.

#28 : November 02, 2007, 12:49:52 AM

You know what I love baout the bulls? Bull's fans. People up there are really into basketball, and they talk about it a lot more than they talk NBA in Tampa.

The Bulls are 12 men deep with guys who can play ball. As long as they keep Deng and Hinrich, they will be alright.

#29 : October 31, 2007, 10:18:32 PM

I cant believe the talent Portland has. They probably have 3 of the top 5 players that came out of the last 2 drafts. Oden, Roy and Aldridge. Ive been a big fan of the Roy and Aldridge moves since day 1, I remember people on here saying Portland was making dumb decisions. Lot of talent on that team, too bad Oden is out for the year. I would be scared out of my mind if I were a Portland fan. Microfracture surgery ended the careers or Penny Hardaway and Alan Houston, 2 of my favorite players. Amare rebounded from it nicely after a couple years he seems 100%

I still cant believe thsoe **CENSORED** bags arent airing half of the MAgic games in Orlando and Tampa. I coudlnt even see the game tonight. Looks like Magic dominated. Rashard went off. The Daily Double had 7 blocks. I wish Ariza, Re**CENSORED** and Dooling played more. Get Garrity out of there he is so white he plays like a robot. Bogans shouldnt be getting more minutes than Dooling or Ariza either. In fact, Ariza and/or Dooling should be starting
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools