Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 31, 2007, 10:48:50 PM

I cant believe the talent Portland has. They probably have 3 of the top 5 players that came out of the last 2 drafts. Oden, Roy and Aldridge. Ive been a big fan of the Roy and Aldridge moves since day 1, I remember people on here saying Portland was making dumb decisions. Lot of talent on that team, too bad Oden is out for the year. I would be scared out of my mind if I were a Portland fan. Microfracture surgery ended the careers or Penny Hardaway and Alan Houston, 2 of my favorite players. Amare rebounded from it nicely after a couple years he seems 100%

I still cant believe thsoe **CENSORED** bags arent airing half of the MAgic games in Orlando and Tampa. I coudlnt even see the game tonight. Looks like Magic dominated. Rashard went off. The Daily Double had 7 blocks. I wish Ariza, Re**CENSORED** and Dooling played more. Get Garrity out of there he is so white he plays like a robot. Bogans shouldnt be getting more minutes than Dooling or Ariza either. In fact, Ariza and/or Dooling should be starting
I cant believe the talent Portland has. They probably have 3 of the top 5 players that came out of the last 2 drafts. Oden, Roy and Aldridge. Ive been a big fan of the Roy and Aldridge moves since day 1, I remember people on here saying Portland was making dumb decisions. Lot of talent on that team, too bad Oden is out for the year. I would be scared out of my mind if I were a Portland fan. Microfracture surgery ended the careers or Penny Hardaway and Alan Houston, 2 of my favorite players. Amare rebounded from it nicely after a couple years he seems 100%

Im not to worried, Zach randolph had his best year off that surgery so did Jason Kidd. its not like it was even 5 years ago. Yeah even people here in Portland thought portland was stupid drafting Aldridge over Morrison. I got basically booed off the local espn radio here the night of the draft cause I wanted Aldridge. Personally I think Aldridge will be better then Oden. IMO 2 years Aldridge is an all star.

#31 : November 01, 2007, 03:08:51 PM

I woudlnt be surprised if Aldridge is better than ODen. I thought Aldridge was the best player in the draft even if he was a little raw. I know a lot of other people thought that too, but I guess at the time he wasnt the flashy superstar name like a Greg Oden, Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor, Adam Morrison, etc

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 01, 2007, 07:47:16 PM

I woudlnt be surprised if Aldridge is better than ODen. I thought Aldridge was the best player in the draft even if he was a little raw. I know a lot of other people thought that too, but I guess at the time he wasnt the flashy superstar name like a Greg Oden, Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor, Adam Morrison, etc

RB, Aldridge wasn't in that same draft class as Dwight or Okafor.

He was picked right before Morrison at the #2 spot in 2006 by Chicago and traded to Portland.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 01, 2007, 07:55:19 PM

RB, Aldridge wasn't in that same draft class as Dwight or Okafor.

He was picked right before Morrison at the #2 spot in 2006 by Chicago and traded to Portland.

I think he knows, I think he just meant the hype going into the draft. Personally I think Howard and Aldridge, Bosh will be the best big ben.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 01, 2007, 07:59:20 PM

Kobe a Bull?!?!

That would suck.

The Bulls are fine without him and his huge contract, and ballhog skills.

#35 : November 01, 2007, 08:16:25 PM

Boid, dont ever speak of The KOBE in that way. When he becomes a Bull, you will then understnd his true greatness. His teammates will love him, and it would be a great fit

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 01, 2007, 09:39:09 PM

Boid, dont ever speak of The KOBE in that way. When he becomes a Bull, you will then understnd his true greatness. His teammates will love him, and it would be a great fit
I would rather the Bulls go after King James.

Kobe is never winning anything again.

I did say that once before.

The guy is a mega-cancer.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 01, 2007, 09:58:19 PM

it wouldnt be good if they gave up everything and there mom for him. But the trade they proposed would have been a robbery for Chicago. Ben Wallace sucks, and Ben Gordon probably wont resign.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 01, 2007, 10:13:15 PM

it wouldnt be good if they gave up everything and there mom for him. But the trade they proposed would have been a robbery for Chicago. Ben Wallace sucks, and Ben Gordon probably wont resign.
Exactly.  And if Kobe doesn't arrive, Gordon will resign.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 01, 2007, 10:19:56 PM

I dont sounds though like he isnt gonna sign. They were a long way from an extension.

Exactly. And if Kobe doesn't arrive, Gordon will resign.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 01, 2007, 11:13:58 PM

Man, watching the Phoenix/Seattle game...

Durant is going to be a 30 point scorer...the guy is silk when he moves man. 

I am going to scour some tix to watch the Raptors/Suns when the Suns roll into town; I have to watch Stoudemire and Nash on the floor at the same time!  Plus,  Toronto is about 4 hours away, so it is an easy drive.  Stoudemire is straight up NASTY.  He dunks on everything, and looks like brute force doing it.

The Suns got robbed last year.  Friggin' Spurs are dirty, whiny, boring, and I root for them to lose every game.  Horry used to be a guy I respected, but after that cheap shot he took on Nash (which cost the Suns the series, IMO), I hope he gets due payback.

And I am stoked about my Bulls.  Plan on getting some tickets to watch them play in MSG v. The Knicks...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 03, 2007, 09:44:47 PM

Durant is a STUD
To weak to play in the NBA? What a joke

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Bucfanut

Starter

#42 : November 04, 2007, 07:49:26 AM

my Jazz off to a 2-1 start; lousy game against the Rockets in between 2 blowout wins vs the Warriors (2 playoff opponents from a yr ago). We let Tmac go off on us in the loss. In the wins, D-Will and Boozer have been terrific, and AK-47 has played well. But the team does seem to miss Derek Fisher a bit; our backup PG spot is a glaring weakness at this point. Ronnie Brewer however has played well in his new role as the starting SG...backup center position still bites so the Jazz go small ball when Memo comes out.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 04, 2007, 07:53:50 AM

my Jazz off to a 2-1 start; lousy game against the Rockets in between 2 blowout wins vs the Warriors (2 playoff opponents from a yr ago). We let Tmac go off on us in the loss. In the wins, D-Will and Boozer have been terrific, and AK-47 has played well. But the team does seem to miss Derek Fisher a bit; our backup PG spot is a glaring weakness at this point. Ronnie Brewer however has played well in his new role as the starting SG...backup center position still bites so the Jazz go small ball when Memo comes out.

yeah I watched the Jazz Rockets game... I also put money on Utah on that game. Jason Hart is awful

matt

Starter

#44 : November 04, 2007, 08:37:59 AM

The Knicks have no clue how to field a team with chemistry. Randolph will avg 25/10 and theyw ill still lose 50 games. Nah honestly I hope they do good, I like when the Knicks are winning

Lamarcus Aldridge is a beast, he should have a good year. Good luck to Portlant OBF

I hope Orlando puts it together. Losing Darko and Hill will hurt. I seriously despise Hill now. I hope he shatters his glass knee. Rob this franchise of millions and handcuff them for 7 years and then when his contract is up he bails. What a **CENSORED**. Wish we couldve kept Darko. I hope Foyle steps up, losing Battie is huge. Battie is a great role player and we are already thin in the front court as it is. Everyone is overlooking Orlando though, and its funny to me that teams like the KNicks, Raptors, Celtics, Cavs, Nets are being talked about WAY more than Orlando. With an unstoppable monster like Dwight Howard and a true all star like Lewis this team will be a very tough matchup for anyone

Once a **CENSORED**...always a **CENSORED**. We felt the same way about Hill when he left Detroit. Joe Dumars had done everything that Hill wanted but apparently it wasn't enough. Luckily, he was able to pull off a sign and trade that brought Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins to Auburn Hills. The Pistons were one of his options this offseason, and I'm sure, if healthy he could have contributed. I second your comment about hoping his knee completely shatters.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools