Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who else is tired of ranters on this board? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : October 17, 2007, 02:42:27 PM

It doesn't matter what the subject is, including a new poster saying hello, it has to turn into
a clash of egos.  I am sick of it. [banghead]

JF/SR:  Is there anything you can do to help this board to get back to normal conversations about
football and the Bucs? [banghead]

Otherwise, I'm taking a long vacation. :-

Ladyfan.

Can't one consider this in itself "a rant"?

clintro

Pro Bowler
#31 : October 17, 2007, 02:44:08 PM

It doesn't matter what the subject is, including a new poster saying hello, it has to turn into
a clash of egos.  I am sick of it. [banghead]

JF/SR:  Is there anything you can do to help this board to get back to normal conversations about
football and the Bucs? [banghead]

Otherwise, I'm taking a long vacation. :-

Ladyfan.

Can't one consider this in itself "a rant"?

Oma, nice of you to actually say something instead of posting pictures.  I wouldn't consider it a rant.  More of a request that we be civil and end the insults.

#32 : October 17, 2007, 02:52:18 PM

If you have ever met LadyFan, these posts deriding her never would have happened.

And yes she is a honey.

I agree!!!

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#33 : October 17, 2007, 03:00:03 PM

Isnt this a rant about ranting?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : October 17, 2007, 03:03:54 PM

Isnt this a rant about ranting?

I believe it is.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#35 : October 17, 2007, 03:07:53 PM

I agree with this thread. Even though threads about subjects I could care care less dont bother me because I just skip to another topic when I feel like it, responses to posts that specifically ridicule, berate, and attempt to humiliate others are unacceptable IMO. I remember when I first posted here 3 people (I know their screen names but not them personally) jumped all over my thread for absurd reasons that they deemed of utmost importance and felt a sense of urgency to tell me about it in the most degogatory fashion imaginable. I guess because I was a rookie they felt it was their right. In the real world, from my experiences, a fist fight would result if these deragotory posts were spoken verbally face to face instead of electronically through a message board. Some people have no class, respect for others feelings, or ability to communicate when they disagree without being offensive and they should try to be more formal and less personal in their responses IMO. I think if you pretend like the person you are responding to sits next to you at work you may be better able to word your responses in a fashion that doesn't incite them to anger knowing that if you say it like you do here you're gonna get so chin music.

njligernj

Starter
#36 : October 17, 2007, 03:12:23 PM

With all the well-intentioned, pleasant, intelligent conversation in this thread you've all certainly proved her wrong.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 17, 2007, 03:30:11 PM

Lady is a great poster, no need to ride her like that.

Must... resist... urge... to make snarky sexist remark...arrrggg

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 17, 2007, 03:33:16 PM

Lady is a great poster, no need to ride her like that.

Must... resist... urge... to make snarky sexist remark...arrrggg

LOL   ;D

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 17, 2007, 03:35:02 PM

Somebody watched a Dane Cook special.

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#40 : October 17, 2007, 03:48:59 PM

I agree with this thread. Even though threads about subjects I could care care less dont bother me because I just skip to another topic when I feel like it, responses to posts that specifically ridicule, berate, and attempt to humiliate others are unacceptable IMO. I remember when I first posted here 3 people (I know their screen names but not them personally) jumped all over my thread for absurd reasons that they deemed of utmost importance and felt a sense of urgency to tell me about it in the most degogatory fashion imaginable. I guess because I was a rookie they felt it was their right. In the real world, from my experiences, a fist fight would result if these deragotory posts were spoken verbally face to face instead of electronically through a message board. Some people have no class, respect for others feelings, or ability to communicate when they disagree without being offensive and they should try to be more formal and less personal in their responses IMO. I think if you pretend like the person you are responding to sits next to you at work you may be better able to word your responses in a fashion that doesn't incite them to anger knowing that if you say it like you do here you're gonna get so chin music.

internet. serious business.

TB5219

Starter
#41 : October 17, 2007, 04:03:47 PM

*points to the door*

You're free to leave anytime...

Look, honey, you chose to associate in a place mostly inhabited by males. Men act this way. You're more than welcome to stay, but if our behavior in some way offends you, why don't you go back to your quilting group?

Buck it:

You've confused us, I'm the girl with the quilt group. What do you think we quilters laugh about while we're stitching, anyway? Usually males who behave badly, and they are the ones who generally aren't married, either. No reason to jump all over the girls this way. Maybe that's your only way?

I also know more about the NFL than most men, per my local Ramsfan. I actually DO ride bucking horses, do you? I've got a 17 hand stallion out there I'm working on currently, wanna watch?

Honey works for me, I do have blonde hair. But, you likely wouldn't be able to say that to me face to face as I'm also 5'8.

It works both ways... ;)

\"When you find yourself in a position of strength, a position of power or authority, you can go one way or the other. You can be a man built for others, which is all about effort and empathy. Or you can just walk around acting like your better than everyone else, which is basically arrogance and indifference about the world around you.\"
- Joe Ehrmann

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 17, 2007, 04:10:12 PM

*points to the door*

You're free to leave anytime...

Look, honey, you chose to associate in a place mostly inhabited by males. Men act this way. You're more than welcome to stay, but if our behavior in some way offends you, why don't you go back to your quilting group?

Buck it:

You've confused us, I'm the girl with the quilt group. What do you think we quilters laugh about while we're stitching, anyway? Usually males who behave badly, and they are the ones who generally aren't married, either. No reason to jump all over the girls this way. Maybe that's your only way?

I also know more about the NFL than most men, per my local Ramsfan. I actually DO ride bucking horses, do you? I've got a 17 hand stallion out there I'm working on currently, wanna watch?

Honey works for me, I do have blonde hair. But, you likely wouldn't be able to say that to me face to face as I'm also 5'8.

It works both ways... ;)

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 17, 2007, 04:21:57 PM

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 17, 2007, 04:24:08 PM

Get Buck In here
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who else is tired of ranters on this board? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools