Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who else is tired of ranters on this board? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Stroker

Practice Squad

« #90 : October 18, 2007, 07:36:33 AM »

The reason the Dr. spanks babies at birth is to knock the Co%cks of the stupid ones.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #91 : October 18, 2007, 07:39:18 AM »

The reason the Dr. spanks babies at birth is to knock the Co%cks of the stupid ones.

Oh boy.....here we go again.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

« #92 : October 18, 2007, 08:44:25 AM »

don't entirely agree with the tone of what Buck It said, but his point is good, rhetoric aside.  i'm also a fan of LadyFan from way back so its tough to get on board with the hostilities, but i've said for years around here that this board was at its best when it was a lot less touchy/feely and more similar to a sports bar or locker room - i think that's kinda where Buck It is coming from.  i'm always stunned at the emotional investment put in this type of message board as if i actually care about anyone here when i'm not at my desk - maybe some here take it a step further and actually gather in person (geez, i'd hope so the way some of you come to the rescue of one another)...  and by the way, i am no stranger to the band of brothers clique's that develop in these places (can't believe i called this a "place") and respect a certain level of civility to one another - but i'm not a new age guy where the first thing i do is make sure no one's offended by what i might say.

the moral of this story is there are people on here that should freely express their disdain over Buck It's take, but don't feel insulted when he tells you to pound sand - and for goodness sake don't take it personal.  if you don't want Buck It's opinion when you pile on, don't put it out there as MB's are one of the last bastions of hope for the non-PC crowd.  i like most of the folks around here, but whether or not they like me back is as relevant as insuring a total wipe after an airport deuce when you're making a tight connection...  as usual, i digress...

TB5219

Starter
« #93 : October 18, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »

*points to the door*

You're free to leave anytime...

Look, honey, you chose to associate in a place mostly inhabited by males. Men act this way. You're more than welcome to stay, but if our behavior in some way offends you, why don't you go back to your quilting group?

Buck it:

You've confused us, I'm the girl with the quilt group. What do you think we quilters laugh about while we're stitching, anyway? Usually males who behave badly, and they are the ones who generally aren't married, either. No reason to jump all over the girls this way. Maybe that's your only way?

I also know more about the NFL than most men, per my local Ramsfan. I actually DO ride bucking horses, do you? I've got a 17 hand stallion out there I'm working on currently, wanna watch?

Honey works for me, I do have blonde hair. But, you likely wouldn't be able to say that to me face to face as I'm also 5'8.

It works both ways... ;)

funny thread... question tho...

how come every woman that knows a thing or two about football automatically "knows more than most men". is that a line women get off on using? i mean... do you ALL really believe that?

Krazy: If you read my post, you see that Ramsfan TOLD me that when I had him painting the stable. Ramsfan is a male, and we all know that women are conditioned to believe ANYTHING a man tells them...right? If you asked me my opinion, I wouldn't limit it to NFL knowledge. :)

\"When you find yourself in a position of strength, a position of power or authority, you can go one way or the other. You can be a man built for others, which is all about effort and empathy. Or you can just walk around acting like your better than everyone else, which is basically arrogance and indifference about the world around you.\"
- Joe Ehrmann

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #94 : October 18, 2007, 09:36:24 AM »

*points to the door*

You're free to leave anytime...

Look, honey, you chose to associate in a place mostly inhabited by males. Men act this way. You're more than welcome to stay, but if our behavior in some way offends you, why don't you go back to your quilting group?

Buck it:

You've confused us, I'm the girl with the quilt group. What do you think we quilters laugh about while we're stitching, anyway? Usually males who behave badly, and they are the ones who generally aren't married, either. No reason to jump all over the girls this way. Maybe that's your only way?

I also know more about the NFL than most men, per my local Ramsfan. I actually DO ride bucking horses, do you? I've got a 17 hand stallion out there I'm working on currently, wanna watch?

Honey works for me, I do have blonde hair. But, you likely wouldn't be able to say that to me face to face as I'm also 5'8.

It works both ways... ;)

funny thread... question tho...

how come every woman that knows a thing or two about football automatically "knows more than most men". is that a line women get off on using? i mean... do you ALL really believe that?

Krazy: If you read my post, you see that Ramsfan TOLD me that when I had him painting the stable. Ramsfan is a male, and we all know that women are conditioned to believe ANYTHING a man tells them...right? If you asked me my opinion, I wouldn't limit it to NFL knowledge. :)

We all, who?  Where is your socialogical evidence to support your crackpot theory that "women are conditioned to believe anything a man tells them".  What studies do you quote?  Because I'm unfamilliar with any. 

Or could it be that you're being overly emotional about an issue, and that emotion is clouding your logical sense? 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #95 : October 18, 2007, 09:39:05 AM »

I'm tired of all this raving, and rantin'
From Vanessa, down here at New Detroit Stampin'

From 8 Mile, lmao!!

shutdabucup

Second String

« #96 : October 18, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »

One of my biggest qualms in society today is the notion that somehow men should apologize for acting like men. Yes, we're loud, braggadocious, egocentric and wrong much of the time. I give you that. But most of us who have to do the "best behavior" thing around the wives enjoy our escape onto sports minded communities where we can revert to ignorant, overbearing obnoxious behavior without having to hear about it from a woman. Look, the way I intended to sound didn't come across well, for that I apologize. If I had said that in person, you would have probably picked up on the tounge in cheek. I sometimes fail to realize that humor and sarcasm don't come across well on MBs. I have nothing against you, but will shut you or anyone else down that tries to take away my last refuge as a man.

Now get back in the kitchen and make me some cookies!

(kidding)

Pity the poster who asks for a modicum of civility and gets to bear the burden for all that daily castration.  YOU will SHUT people DOWN…in an Internet forum ;<), which you herald as the last great bastion of masculinity?

Sad...very sad.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #97 : October 18, 2007, 10:43:10 AM »

One of my biggest qualms in society today is the notion that somehow men should apologize for acting like men. Yes, we're loud, braggadocious, egocentric and wrong much of the time. I give you that. But most of us who have to do the "best behavior" thing around the wives enjoy our escape onto sports minded communities where we can revert to ignorant, overbearing obnoxious behavior without having to hear about it from a woman. Look, the way I intended to sound didn't come across well, for that I apologize. If I had said that in person, you would have probably picked up on the tounge in cheek. I sometimes fail to realize that humor and sarcasm don't come across well on MBs. I have nothing against you, but will shut you or anyone else down that tries to take away my last refuge as a man.

Now get back in the kitchen and make me some cookies!

(kidding)

Pity the poster who asks for a modicum of civility and gets to bear the burden for all that daily castration. YOU will SHUT people DOWN…in an Internet forum ;<), which you herald as the last great bastion of masculinity?

Sad...very sad.

Here's an idea:  Go f*** yourself.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
  Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who else is tired of ranters on this board? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools