Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at Rutgers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#120 : October 18, 2007, 10:24:05 PM

Alvarado now 1 for 3.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#121 : October 19, 2007, 01:19:59 AM

Very well said Zen.  Now we focus on the Big East and a BCS bowl bid.

The Big East will be tough. We'll probably have to win the rest of our games to get in a BCS bowl. Last season there were loses to Rutgers, Louisville and Cincinnati. I was hoping not to repeat those losses [banghead] Now we can't afford to get beat by Cincy or Louisville. Luckily those games are at home. I hope the guys don't have a hangover from this game when they go to play UCONN next week, who they should be able to handle....   On another note, I'm really starting to dislike the Rutgers coach(kinda the way I hate John Fox)  I'll never forget being at the USF-Rutgers game last season and seeing Greg Schiano throw his arm around the ref like they were good fishing buddies while they were reviewing the onside kick the Bulls recovered at the end of that game. The call, not surprisingly, went Rutgers way

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#122 : October 18, 2007, 06:08:25 PM

Rome was talking about USF on the radio today. Only good things to say.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#123 : October 18, 2007, 10:22:11 PM

Rutgers has completely taken over the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball...

superbuc

Practice Squad
#124 : October 18, 2007, 10:22:49 PM

D is going to have to win now.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#125 : October 18, 2007, 04:52:46 PM

This game is very concerning.  Definitely the most probable bump on the road remaining (followed by the next game of course if we win and the next after that if we win, so on and so forth).

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#126 : October 18, 2007, 04:43:31 PM

I think this is the game where the Bulls stumble.  I really, really hope I am wrong about that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#127 : October 18, 2007, 04:41:34 PM

It was an extra point.  He should kick that with his eyes closed.  You can have all the faith in the world.  I'm hoping it doesn't come down to that.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#128 : October 18, 2007, 04:39:28 PM

He's missed 5 FGs this season.  Worst part .. they were in the two biggest games of the year thus far --- 4 against Auburn and 1 against West Virginia.  I'm hoping tonight doesn't come down to a FG.  He's a heckuva punter though.  How bad must Teachey look at practice if he hasn't even gotten a look in the games?

Delbert making that kick to not lose the Auburn game gives me all the faith I need in him... You would be hard pressed to find a more clutch kick, EVER, in our history.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#129 : October 17, 2007, 11:41:17 AM

This game worries me. Although Rutgers already has 2 losses, they are a tough team. The last person to have a 100yd day rushing against the Bulls was Ray Rice. When Rutgers beat USF last year he pounded the Bull's defense for over 200yds. With that said, even last year with allowing Rice to gash them, the Bulls still only lost by 2, and were a dropped 2point conversion away from tying it, and a debatable overturned onside kick recovery away from the possible win...

But, I'm not convinced yet that this year's USF team is significantly better than last year's team. I see some of the same problems: Inconsistent running game, putting the ball on the ground multiple times in a game, inability to sustain drives on offense, dropped passes, etc... And this year it seems Grothe has developed the bad tendency to throw into coverage way too often. Sometimes he needs to just take the short checkdown and avoid possible momentum swinging INTs like he threw in the WVU game. Also, USF hasn't played well when playing northern teams on the road in the past either, a loss to a bad UCONN team on the road comes to mind

For me, the key to the game is how the Bulls offense performs. They need to limit the turnovers and get some points on the board early. If the game is close, USF will get a steady dose Rice up the gut and I'm not sure they can stop him, especially in the 4th qtr. I'm not sure how good Rutgers defense is this year, maybe someone else can chime in on that...

jakedakota

Starter

#130 : October 17, 2007, 12:21:56 PM

Except for FREAK, KRAZY and DUEMIG everyone else wants USF to Win..The game will not be close.. This is a runaway for the BULLS as they score a 34-7 win over Rutgers

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#131 : October 17, 2007, 12:35:58 PM

It would be great if wanting the team to win would make them win, but that's not the case. I would not underestimate Rutgers. Nothing would please me more than for USF to blow them out, but I'm not expecting it.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#132 : October 17, 2007, 12:42:01 PM

Except for FREAK, KRAZY and DUEMIG everyone else wants USF to Win..The game will not be close.. This is a runaway for the BULLS as they score a 34-7 win over Rutgers
You're a foolish little child.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#133 : October 17, 2007, 12:43:26 PM

I would be very surprised to see Rice do as well this year against the Bulls.

Limit the turnovers, and USF should be able to make short work of Rutgers.

Go Bulls!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#134 : October 17, 2007, 12:47:26 PM

Jake, you need to lighten up on these guys.  Crazy is welcome to his opinion even if you and I think it is wrong and ill-informed.  Freak has had some good posts and has been a great contributor to this board and a knowledgable football fan.  Just because they are critical of USF doesn't mean that they do not respect what USF is doing.  It is not hard to see why people do not think USF belongs at number 2 especially when they have not followed USF football in the past.

This game also has me a little worried.  USF still has a lot to prove to the voters and needs more big wins to get where they want to go.  Rutgers is dangerous even though they have lost 2 games this season.  Rice may be one of the best RB's in the nation and their D is at least average.  The problem is that Rutgers had one good season and has now regressed to where they belong.  The school is not going to be an anuall powerhouse in the near future.  They are more of an up/down program that will build for runs.  

I agree with your thoughts on both Grothe and the running game.  Grothe has made some bad decisions this year but people forget that his only has one year under hes belt.  The kid is still young and will make mistakes but he makes up for those with the plays he makes.  The problem is that he needs to limit the mistakes aginst the better teams.  Aginst UCF I saw the Grothe that can take this team to a BCS bowl win, lets just hope he keeps it up.  The running game is a whole other story.  Williams is not a good RB and should only be on the field during ovbvious passing plays because he has good hands and can block.  Ford and Taylor should be taking all the reps running the ball.  I am so tired of seeing Williams on the field for 3rd and 3 or less.  This is when the ball should be in Ford's hands no matter what.  This will come in time I think the coaching staff is just getting Ford and Taylor use to college football and we will see them more as the season winds down.

I disagree on this team not being better then last years.  The O is older and more experienced.  The biginning of the season was ruff because they were installing a new offense.  The WR's are coming along but still need to do a better time holding onto the ball.  The only part of the team that is below last year is ST's.  I do not see anybody that is a threat to run one back and kickoff coverage has been suspect at times.  

I do not see a USF blowout on thursday but I do see a win.  I will put the score at USF 27 RU 17 I do not see Rutgers scoring much if the D shows up like they have 17 is because of Ray Rice.

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at Rutgers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools