Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at Rutgers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#135 : October 17, 2007, 12:51:23 PM

Just because they are critical of USF doesn't mean that they do not respect what USF is doing. 
I haven't even been critical of USF.

He is simply making this all up.

He is a child.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

armydx316

Starter

#136 : October 17, 2007, 12:52:50 PM

I'm very worried about this game due to us in previous years playing teams on the road that we should beat down to their level. If we play the way we did against UCF then I believe we win by at least two touchdowns

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#137 : October 17, 2007, 12:58:24 PM

A road game on a Thursday night against a divisional rival is always a tough test.   The Bulls are much better than twelve months ago but Rutgers are at home.  I honestly can't see this being more than a one score game either-way, so it should be great to watch.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#138 : October 17, 2007, 12:58:44 PM

Just because they are critical of USF doesn't mean that they do not respect what USF is doing.

He is a child.

I have not followed your posts but have been part of the board long enough to know that you are balanced on you opinion and give actual thought and consideration to your posts.  Krazy has been very critical but that is his right.  He just restates what he hears on ESPN and talk radio and follows them like they are rewriting the bible.    In order to bash USF you have to watch the games and bring real arguements to why USF is overrated not opinion.  I could give reasons why USF is overrated and I can give reasons why they are underrated.  I could give reasons why USF would loose to most any teams and I can give reasons why they would beat every team in the nation.  There are two sides to every story I just think that anybodies side that doesn't follow mine is wrong :)

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#139 : October 17, 2007, 01:00:31 PM

A road game on a Thursday night against a divisional rival is always a tough test. The Bulls are much better than twelve months ago but Rutgers are at home. I honestly can't see this being more than a one score game either-way, so it should be great to watch.

Depends on which offense shows up for USF.  If the O plays well they can dominate if the O plays poorly then USF will have a fight on their hands.  That goes for all the games they have left.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#140 : October 17, 2007, 02:37:54 PM

He is a child.

I have not followed your posts but have been part of the board long enough to know that you are balanced on you opinion and give actual thought and consideration to your posts.  Krazy has been very critical but that is his right.  He just restates what he hears on ESPN and talk radio and follows them like they are rewriting the bible.    In order to bash USF you have to watch the games and bring real arguements to why USF is overrated not opinion.  I could give reasons why USF is overrated and I can give reasons why they are underrated.  I could give reasons why USF would loose to most any teams and I can give reasons why they would beat every team in the nation.  There are two sides to every story I just think that anybodies side that doesn't follow mine is wrong :)

are ya freakin serious? because i'm critical of usf and agree with what the majority of the media says about them that means i know nothing about the bulls and dont watch em.

guess that wasnt me at their games with friends.

guess that wasnt me pulling for them at the bar against auburn and wv.

guess that wasnt me rooting for usf to make a name for themselves.

You guys get all upset when everyone doesnt agree with your "USF IS THE BEST" praise. I respect what USF has done, I'm very happy for them. That said.... they are extremely overrated.

The Defense is awesome. The offense is a joke. WV had how many turnovers and USF couldnt put up more than 21? How many times did USF turn the ball over right back? Grothe makes some of the worst reads i've ever seen. Why he tries to put the ball into certain spots is beyond any logically thinking person.

I was fine with USF until their fans started poppin off and saying the absolute dumbest crap I've ever heard. List of things i've heard from usf fans in the past 2 weeks...

"we'd beat gators butt cause we beat auburn and they beat florida"
"grothe should win the heisman"
"usf should play for the title even if they do lose one"
"usf is showing the country that the big east is a top conference"

come on with that crap. you USF fans say i'm not putting any 'thought or reasoning' into my bashing of USF.

Really? Could it be that you all dont put any thought or reasoning into your support?

Could it be youre just so happy to have some national attention that you can't even think correctly. Cause that's what the rest of nation is thinking.

jakedakota

Starter

#141 : October 17, 2007, 02:48:03 PM

Someone is a little TESTY ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..If you have to defend yourself then you have been wrong all along..

NEXT ;)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#142 : October 17, 2007, 02:56:19 PM

Come on Krazy.  Like people haven't said stupid stuff against USF over the past couple of weeks.  jake's the exception not the rule on this board.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#143 : October 17, 2007, 03:00:02 PM

Your arguments about USF being overrated is that their fans talk crap and the O isn't great.  There we go now we all know why USF is a joke.  The national media gets on the jock of teams that have been there for a while even if they are not playing that way this season.  The favor certian teams and certian conferences.  Have I said anything that is wrong yet?  

USF's O went through a cordinator change and Grothe is still growing as a throwing QB.  He makes a lot of things happen but also makes some poor decisions.  I believe that is part of the learning process.  Have I said something wrong yet?  

USF could beat anybody in the neation.  I am not saying that on the specific day they played that is what would happen but they could win just as easily as they could loose.  The D is great and the O is coming along.  They are sticking with some of the players from last season instead of putting in the more talented new guys.  When the new guys take the position they will be even better.

You talk about the squandered chances USF had from turnovers but what about the turnovers that WV had?  Did the bulls TEAM not out play them?  The score didn't even represent how much of a blowout that game was?  You can argue that but USF handed it to WV and WV only got close agian because of prevent D.

"we'd beat gators butt cause we beat auburn and they beat florida"
This is a poor argument but the fact remains that USF could and probably would beat the Gators if they played.  USF's D is better and more experienced then the Gators and I think USF's O may be a little better but it would be safe to call it a draw.

"grothe should win the heisman"
He might not win it but his name should come into the conversation.  The things this kid does on the field speak for themself and I shouldn't have to explain them to somebody that has watched the games.  He makes mistakes but he also finds a way to put up the points when they are needed.  He is still growing but he makes a lot of things happen.

"usf should play for the title even if they do lose one"
I don't see why so many people think that USF is worse then any other 1 lose team, if thats what happenes.  They could compete with anybody in the nation.  The only thing they don't have is that 20 year name recognition.

"usf is showing the country that the big east is a top conference"
The Big East is a top conference already.  They won all their bowl games last season and have 4-5 tough teams with another 2-3 that have been good in the past and just need to get back on track.  Teams that have been in the top 25 this season: USF, Lou, WV, RU, Ucon, Cincy.  Uconn might not be that good of a team but they snuck in.  How many other confrences can say that?  The only reason why USF will get jumped in the polls if they go undefeated is because of biased voting by the coaches and AP.

I don't think I said anything that isn't true but feel free to enlighten me.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#144 : October 17, 2007, 04:50:13 PM

You guys get all upset when everyone doesnt agree with your "USF IS THE BEST" praise.

If you take the time to go back and actually READ most of the criticism aimed at you, you'll see that's an inordinately stupid, ill informed comment. As has been pointed out, the vast majority of Bulls fans posting on here are NOT spewing the "USF IS THE BEST" crap. You started catching flack when you tried to lump all the Bulls fans posting here as bandwagoners ..... another stupid, ill informed observation.

I was fine with USF until their fans started poppin off and saying the absolute dumbest crap I've ever heard.

Considering your 2nd team is supposedly the Gators, that has got to be one of the most ironic things I have ever read on here

Snook

Hall of Famer

#145 : October 17, 2007, 05:48:24 PM

A road game on a Thursday night against a divisional rival is always a tough test.   The Bulls are much better than twelve months ago but Rutgers are at home.  I honestly can't see this being more than a one score game either-way, so it should be great to watch.

Well put.  Thursday night games never seem to go as planned.

I hope USF is prepared.  But I'm sure they will be....

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#146 : October 17, 2007, 05:57:57 PM

This USF team is a lot better than last year's USF squad. Our defense is stellar and in big games they have been playing lights out. This, being a Thursday night game with us sitting at #2, will be a game that they come out for. I think this team is focused and ready for the game. Rutgers on the other hand has gotten worse from last season. After watching USF shut down the country's leading rusher last week I'm not concerned about Rutgers. The Bulls know they need to continue to beat up teams on national TV to convince the voters that they belong so I think you'll see another 14+ point win this week. Look for Selvie to have 3 sacks and 2 tackles for a loss along with a fumble recovery or interception.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#147 : October 17, 2007, 08:40:12 PM

I put my money on Rutgers... we will see. Finally a good thurs night game

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#148 : October 17, 2007, 09:03:16 PM

On paper USF should win hands down.  But their not playing "on paper" and I expect Rutgers to be very fired up for this game.  USF needs to hold onto the ball and take it to them early to take the crowd completely out of it.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#149 : October 17, 2007, 11:58:36 PM

Go Bulls. This is a big one with a tough road yet ahead. I am happy to be part of the fan base witnessing the rise of a future yearly contender. I can just picture kids playing high school ball dreaming of one day being a Bull.   Whatever happens this season it starts a great era for the bay area.  :)
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at Rutgers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools