Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at Rutgers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 18, 2007, 11:14:44 PM

nice punt.....only 95 yards to go.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 18, 2007, 11:16:11 PM

huge play.  thank god it wasn't to jackson.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 18, 2007, 11:46:42 PM

Still a mighty impressive stat line right there.

If Rutgers would have lost, they would have blown it, IMO.

Stats are for losers.   ;)

USF blew it because they won the TO battle 3-0.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#48 : October 18, 2007, 11:50:17 PM

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 18, 2007, 11:51:40 PM

Still a mighty impressive stat line right there.

If Rutgers would have lost, they would have blown it, IMO.

Stats are for losers.  ;)

USF blew it because they won the TO battle 3-0.
Jesus, Ray Rice had 181 yards...

And USF's defense obviously didnt do their job.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 18, 2007, 10:37:10 PM

That's easier said than done.  That TD totally takes the crowd out of the game and severely limits the use of Ray Rice.  There's no overstating how much that BS call changed the tide of the game.  And it was a BS call.

Sure it is easier said than done BUT good teams should take advantage of field position and turn overs.  All too often the Bulls don't convert those chances, and sooner or later you will lose because of that. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 18, 2007, 10:38:29 PM

Is it my imagination or does Grothe hand the ball off like it is a 20lb baby......it is so wooden.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#52 : October 18, 2007, 10:39:32 PM

Yeah they did take advantage MJS, they returned it for a TD, apparently you missed it.

Bulls can't get stuck on that.  You have to play what IS, not what you think should have been.

That's easier said than done.  

You think Leavitt wants them playing with that mentality?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 19, 2007, 01:12:08 AM

USF has a nice team, nothing to get upset about.

The recruiting class is going to be much better from here on out, they have a hell of a season to be proud of.

Thye had the #2 for a minute, and realized how hard it is to avoid the bullets when the bullseye on your back is humongous. 

Tip the hat, move onward.  Not putting down USF at all.  I do agree with Krazy that the mouths were getting louder, but I guess if you haven't been there before...

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#54 : October 19, 2007, 12:18:59 AM

3 big ?? calls and the review has to be clear video evidence-- hell I thought the video  evidence was much less damning than real time. Video evidence actually made it more believable as both player were clearly making attempts to grasp the ball. The offensive PI-- I never saw on any replay the arms outstretched which has to be an ingredient of a pushoff. The celebration/taunting was crap.

But USF still had ample chances and time to go ahead or tie and they could not get their collective heads on straight. Everyone knows against the blitz you have outside man to man and the flat and not once did we let them come and dump down on a screen-- it is football 101-- how doi you beat a blitz- run it right past them or screen them to death-- USF did neither. The offense had no answer for Rutgers excpet the one drive and they never went to those plays again and Grothe's reads in the end were horrible.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#55 : October 19, 2007, 12:16:12 AM

Have you watched the game yet?  The call was brutal and totally changed the game.  That being said, they had every opportunity to win anyway and didn't get it done. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 19, 2007, 12:13:22 AM

If you'rr implying or JUST SAYING that I said it was all the Ref's fault, then you're not stating a FACT.  JUST SAYING.
I am just implying that you are implying the Refs played a part in their loss, as opposed to Rutgers who sacked Grothe seven times, picked him off, had a running back go off on them, and held them to a bare minimum of conversions.  C'mon man, you know that Rutgers just outplayed them.  And why would I say that?  Because they are a unranked Big East team that just beat a team that is #2.  Or WAS #2...

The BCS is going to drill them for that.

But USF is having a good season, but oh well.  Tough loss, good win.  Simple as that.  Hear what I am SAYIN'?

JUST SAYIN'...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#57 : October 19, 2007, 12:12:47 AM

Not even close to the same thing as Julmiste.  He didn't change anything at the end, he always appears to have happy feet and always tries to avoid rushers to make plays.  he's made several this year.  He should have thrown the ball away and he made soem bonehead plays down the stretch, but comparing him to JUlmiste is way off base.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#58 : October 19, 2007, 12:10:40 AM

I said that they still had a chance ( 2 in the last 4 minutes) and blew it.  It shouldn't have been 4 and 22.  Doesn't preclude me the right to state my opinion about some questionable calls.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#59 : October 19, 2007, 12:10:04 AM

He took the sacks, but he was also the only offense we had. So save the Julmiste comparisons.

Someones touchy-- you mean to tell me those last 3 drives you didn't have the feeling Julmiste took over. Grothe was lost with the pressure-- he got happy feet, scramble too late, and never threw the ball away when the opportunity was easily there-- kind of like Julmiste used to do on a regular basis.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at Rutgers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools