Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at Rutgers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 19, 2007, 12:58:52 AM

Very well said Zen.  Now we focus on the Big East and a BCS bowl bid.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#61 : October 19, 2007, 12:23:21 AM

Not even close to the same thing as Julmiste. He didn't change anything at the end, he always appears to have happy feet and always tries to avoid rushers to make plays. he's made several this year. He should have thrown the ball away and he made soem bonehead plays down the stretch, but comparing him to JUlmiste is way off base.

You are taking it out of context -- I said his deer in the headlights play at the end made it look like the ghost of Julmiste took over -- I never compared him to Julmiste -- just said it remided me of Julmiste's play at the end when nothing got done. Quit taking it so personal-- No one is comparing him to Julmiste -- just that those few plays broiught back horrible memories of Julmiste. Pull your skirt back down-- my goodness

Max Power

Starter

#62 : October 18, 2007, 10:15:32 PM

Haven't been able to follow this game can anyone tell me how many yards Ray Rice has so far. I have a hard time figuring out whos better between him and McFadden.

BucHawk

Second String

#63 : October 19, 2007, 12:23:36 AM

Rutgers played a hell of a game; their coach did a great job gameplanning the defense and exposed USF's weaknesses; were obviously pumped up at home and got enough breaks to win.  It's what happens when you have the bullseye on your back.

I'm sure USF will learn from it, coaches and players and move on.  They have no reason to hang their heads.

After this season, hopefully,  the exposure and excitement they have generated gets a banner recruiting class and they can keep progressing as a program.

But for now, the Big East and a BCS bowl are still available and that's what they have to work for.

Again, hats off to Rutgers, they played a hell of a game with a lot of guts.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 19, 2007, 12:25:26 AM

He took the sacks, but he was also the only offense we had. So save the Julmiste comparisons.

Someones touchy-- you mean to tell me those last 3 drives you didn't have the feeling Julmiste took over. Grothe was lost with the pressure-- he got happy feet, scramble too late, and never threw the ball away when the opportunity was easily there-- kind of like Julmiste used to do on a regular basis.

I responded to this statement by you.  Sounds like a Julmiste comparison to me.  Save the personal attacks.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#65 : October 19, 2007, 12:27:47 AM

It sounds more to me like I compared the last 3 drives and Grothe's plays on those drives. Not Grothe as a whole-- I would have thought "the last three drives" may have given you a clue that I was not comparing his overall game. guess not

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 19, 2007, 12:31:40 AM

looks to me like USF choked with the spotlight on em. HAHAHAHA...

HOW DO YOU SPELL OVERRATED?

U-S-F

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#67 : October 19, 2007, 12:33:20 AM

Not even close to the same thing as Julmiste. He didn't change anything at the end, he always appears to have happy feet and always tries to avoid rushers to make plays. he's made several this year. He should have thrown the ball away and he made soem bonehead plays down the stretch, but comparing him to JUlmiste is way off base.

I responded that he didn't change anything at the end.  I would have thought that "at the end" implied that I was talking about the same sequence that you were.  My point was he didn't do anything different, it just didn't work.  he should have done something different and that was throw the ball away.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#68 : October 19, 2007, 12:52:47 AM

This was a tough one to swallow. USF had their chances and just didn't get it done. Losing Taurus Johnson, your best WR and playmaker early in the game definitely hurt. Grothe did take some stupid sacks, but I place a lot of blame on the USF offensive coaches. They did NOTHING to adjust for the blitzes Rutgers threw at them in the 2nd half. It was extremely frustrating. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why USF didn't change things up to counter the blitz. Rutgers blitzed practically every play, yet USF kept doing the same thing. It seems to me that jump balls down the sidelines are not a good answer to blitzes. How about some screens, or some quick slants to the open parts of the field?

In the end, Rutgers won the game through special teams play. They got 10 points off fake kicks and USF made costly mistakes on ST with stupid penalties and 2 missed FGs. I believe that USF is a better team than Rutgers, and would beat them if they played again next week, but tonight wasn't their night. Even though USF had their chances at the end, I still can't shake that HORRIBLE call on the blocked FG TD. I firmly believe if that play stands, USF wins the game. With the score 24-10 at the half, the whole game changes. USF would have all the momentum, and Rutgers wouldn't be able to just run Ray Rice almost every play. I don't care what the Rutgers alum, I mean commentators, were saying, that call was pure BS. One of the worst I've seen at any level of football. And the pushoff call at end, I just don't think you make that call in a tight game like that. I guarantee if that was an Ohio State, USC, etc... WR, that call is not made.

Oh well, now the hype will die down and maybe this town will focus more on Bucs football for a while.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#69 : October 18, 2007, 10:41:01 PM

screen was a good call......damn!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 18, 2007, 10:41:10 PM

That's easier said than done.  That TD totally takes the crowd out of the game and severely limits the use of Ray Rice.  There's no overstating how much that BS call changed the tide of the game.  And it was a BS call.

Sure it is easier said than done BUT good teams should take advantage of field position and turn overs.  All too often the Bulls don't convert those chances, and sooner or later you will lose because of that.  

They converted the blocked FG.  The TD was stolen from them.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#71 : October 18, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

FG time again...... >:(  made it  ;D

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#72 : October 19, 2007, 12:08:48 AM

If you'rr implying or JUST SAYING that I said it was all the Ref's fault, then you're not stating a FACT.  JUST SAYING.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#73 : October 19, 2007, 12:07:49 AM

They lost, Rutgers defense played fairly well. Rice blew up. The USF defense didn't live up to par.

Of course it was all the Refs fault though. Not sayin', just sayin'.

I  haven't said it was all the Ref's fault.  Did you watch the game at all or are you just coming here after the fact to talk crap.  Not saying, just saying.

You know the old saying if you leave the games to the refs you have no business winning anyways.  Lets face it USF choked-- they had 3 opportunities late to go ahead or tie and couldn't get it done.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#74 : October 19, 2007, 12:05:49 AM

They lost, Rutgers defense played fairly well. Rice blew up. The USF defense didn't live up to par.

Of course it was all the Refs fault though. Not sayin', just sayin'.

I haven't said it was all the Ref's fault.  Did you watch the game at all or are you just coming here after the fact to talk crap. Not saying, just saying.
A wee bit irate, are we?

I DO have HD DVR capability.

But I did not see any tears flowing on the USF sideline.  So you can stop your cryin' friend.  JUST SAYIN'.

They aren't going to just fold, but the fact that they lost to Rutgers, an unranked Big East team (although they are very talented), doesn't look good in the eyes of the BCS.  JUST SAYIN'.

I could care less if USF won or loss.  So if I state my opinion, it isn't meant to bring tears to your eyes.  Just stating facts.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at Rutgers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools