Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Howard to make sequal to "Da Vinci Code" « previous next »
Page: 1

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: October 25, 2007, 11:15:49 AM

Holy Blood, Holy Grail...

One of the books Brown "borrowed," from for his ideas. I haven't read it yet.

I enjoyed the movie but was hoping for better.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 25, 2007, 10:56:34 AM

Both books were good though I didnt really like the movie

#2 : October 25, 2007, 08:21:16 AM

good read, a real page-turner.  without giving anything away this film will be controversial as hell when people find out the plot within the plot and some of the insinuations.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 25, 2007, 03:28:05 AM

Ron Howard has been greenlighted to produce and direct Dan Brown's other bestselling thriller "Angels and Demons."

Tom Hanks has already been casted to reprise his role as Robert Langdon. They hope to have the film out by Christmas 2008.

"The Da Vinci Code" film brought in $758 million dollars world-wide in 2006 making it one of the highest-grossing films of all-time.

----------
Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is shocked to find proof that the legendary secret society, the Illuminati--dedicated since the time of Galileo to promoting the interests of science and condemning the blind faith of Catholicism--is alive, well, and murderously active. Brilliant physicist Leonardo Vetra has been murdered, his eyes plucked out, and the society's ancient symbol branded upon his chest. His final discovery, antimatter, the most powerful and dangerous energy source known to man, has disappeared--only to be hidden somewhere beneath Vatican City on the eve of the election of a new pope. Langdon and Vittoria, Vetra's daughter and colleague, embark on a frantic hunt through the streets, churches, and catacombs of Rome, following a 400-year-old trail to the lair of the Illuminati, to prevent the incineration of civilization.
----------

If anyone here has not read it, I suggest it. In my opinion it is better than DaVinci Code. It's a thriller and is more fast-paced. Also the multiple twists just keep coming and impossible to predict the ending (dont let anyone spoil it for you). But if you have a closed-mind in the debate of science vs. religion....you probably wont like it. It isn't as controversal as The DaVinci Code....but the Catholic Church and the faith as a whole in its history to suppress science is not free of criticism in this book. The book gets down and dirty into that debate.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117974685.html

#4 : October 25, 2007, 11:34:32 AM

the books are long with a lot of detail. No way they can be properly distilled down to a 2-hour movie.  I agree that the movie was overbalanced towards action rather than intrigue, but maybe that is what it takes to sell a movie.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 25, 2007, 12:43:55 PM

With DaVinci they wanted to make it as close as possible to the book. The problem is that the book is filled with so much stuff and so much history that you can't fit it all into the movie. So the movie ends up basically being a crash course on the book and only touched the surface of everything. It really didn't get into the details. And there are several other non-fiction books out there if you wanted to even read further into it, which inspired Brown to write DaVinci.

Plus everyone knows the film is never as good as the book. It's always been that way. Books have unlimited space and can have as many pages as it wants. Movies though have limits on time and money.

ArmyBucFan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 25, 2007, 10:11:35 AM

I've read Angels and Demons, but not The DaVinci Code. Angels and Demons came first, so this will essentially be a prequel.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Howard to make sequal to "Da Vinci Code" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools