Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Invading Iraq Was The Goal From Day 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Snook

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 24, 2007, 11:01:48 PM

My favorite part of the video is where W says he'll prevent "nation building."

So.... we've got a "republican" who's discretionary spending is the highest since LBJ (even more than JIMMY CARTER'S) and who is NATION BUILDING in Iraq.

Exactly what about George W Bush is Republican?  Its a joke.

I can't stand when people who call themselves Republicans stand up for W.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 24, 2007, 10:52:19 PM

Bush's discretionary spending is disgusting.  Reagan is rolling over in his grave.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 24, 2007, 10:43:37 PM

So it hasn't happened? Doesn't change the fact that he wanted to go into Iraq right off the bat.
And that's what we're talking about.

Yeah and Senators were talking about invading Iraq on the Senate floor in 1998.... The Pentagon had invasion plans drawn up years before Bush was in office. The US has been wanting to get rid of Saddam since the early 90s when he stopped doing what the CIA wanted him to do.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 21, 2007, 06:52:00 PM

The documents are legit and the date says it all. Did you forget about those?
And the other sources. Unless you think Suskind is lying too and making it
all up.

bucfan11

Starter

#19 : October 21, 2007, 05:03:15 PM

Britain's Downing Street Memo supports what you say about day 1....even before day 1... and it is inconceivable to me that once again another war is being planned - Iran - few are speaking up, and once again no one is listening to those that speak up.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : October 21, 2007, 02:52:45 AM

UFOjoe- was this you?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071020/ap_en_tv/people_bill_maher

superbuc

Practice Squad
#21 : October 21, 2007, 05:38:42 PM

That video isn't so telling to me.  You have O'neil that was forced out and THEN goes on TV.  It's really not a very good interview and seems like sour grapes to me.  Yeah, I think there was a lot of incentive in the Bush admin. to figure out a "reason" to go to war with Iraq, but, that video isn't near enough to prove it.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 21, 2007, 03:45:08 PM

We should just drive all the people out of Iraq and over to Iran.  Take over Iraq ourselves and take their oil.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 17, 2007, 06:56:22 PM

OK, maybe from Day 10...

Amazing.

Glad some people have a conscience and have spoken out. I don't
know how I missed this when it first aired.

And people still think we went to Iraq to fight terrorism?

Operation Iraqi Liberation

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 17, 2007, 09:20:47 PM

Joe I have to agree with you on this and have said this all along also. I am just tired of the big money that there is squashing the real truth. I seriously feel not only for the money this was done there was more to it that concerned his dad. I am just not sure what it would be except to get the face off the sidewalk at one of the palaces. Big oil and Big money. I voted for Regan and Sr then I voted for Clinton. I would not vote for a republican unless we need to get the financial status of the USA straighten if it ever hit a Carter Era again...OBD

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 17, 2007, 10:15:28 PM

Ron Paul!

BTW, I didn't post that because it was a Ron Paul video. I wish they would have just let
the original 60 Minutes piece run in its entirety and without the stupid sound effects
and graphics.

Max Power

Starter

#26 : October 17, 2007, 11:41:39 PM

If you have not already seen it I would suggest everyone watch the documentary "Why we fight". It's a very well made and professional documentary. It investigates the relationship between think tanks, policy makers, and the military industrial complex stretching all the way back to Eisenhower.

This documentary is no Loose Change (or as I call it "Loose Brains") and it isnt any Fahrenheit 9/11 either. I feel comfortable recommending it to everyone here regardless of your political leanings.

#27 : October 18, 2007, 01:31:25 AM

If you have not already seen it I would suggest everyone watch the documentary "Why we fight". It's a very well made and professional documentary. It investigates the relationship between think tanks, policy makers, and the military industrial complex stretching all the way back to Eisenhower.

Haven't watched it myself yet, but you can watch it in RealPlayer here:
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article8494.htm
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Invading Iraq Was The Goal From Day 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools