Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Invading Iraq Was The Goal From Day 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: October 25, 2007, 11:13:35 AM

Did they act when Nixon was shown to be "involved" in the Watergate break-in?

Were there hundreds of thousands of people marching to impeach him? Tell me
what the public did back then. How did they act?

It was pressure from other Congressmen and Senators and newspaper editorials
that helped push him to resign. The public did nothing.

Nixon's public approval during the Watergate mess was 23%. Bush's is very close to that
number. And what has the public done?

Once again, a question that you haven't answered:

Was is illegal to talk about invading Iraq so early in his administration?

I did not call for impeachment in this thread. How about an investigation?

superbuc

Practice Squad
#1 : October 25, 2007, 09:50:50 AM

Duh. Point is, why aren't the majority of the American public outraged/calling for impeachment if all this evidence exists?

I'll answer it for you........there's either a) not enough evidence or b) it's not strong enough.

Because the public isn't outraged or calling for impeachment means NADA about the
evidence. This public is so tired of Bush scandals. They are numb to these scandals
and they're apathetic.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  The public acts when it feels strongly enough. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 25, 2007, 11:25:32 AM

We'll have to agree to disagree.  The public acts when it feels strongly enough. 

By the way, what did the public do to start impeachment hearings against Clinton?
How did they "act?"

Here are some of the public acting out against this war...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NSgXWAfH9ec

Looks like hundreds of thousands of Americans ACTED in years past. And
what has it done?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=buBLOVBz4uA

PS - I supported the impeachment of Clinton.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 24, 2007, 10:15:08 PM

So it hasn't happened? Doesn't change the fact that he wanted to go into Iraq right off the bat.
And that's what we're talking about.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#4 : October 24, 2007, 10:21:55 PM

So it hasn't happened? Doesn't change the fact that he wanted to go into Iraq right off the bat.

Duh.  Point is, why aren't the majority of the American public outraged/calling for impeachment if all this evidence exists?

I'll answer it for you........there's either a) not enough evidence or b) it's not strong enough. 

superbuc

Practice Squad
#5 : October 24, 2007, 10:07:50 PM

There've been plenty of folks leave the admin. now, why haven't more come forward?

Counter Terrorism Adviser, Richard Clarke...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/19/60minutes/main607356.shtml

Clarke says that as early as the day after the attacks, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was pushing for retaliatory strikes on Iraq, even though al Qaeda was based in Afghanistan.

Clarke suggests the idea took him so aback, he initially thought Rumsfeld was joking.

There are more people who have spoken out and as others have said, we have
the Downing Street Memo.

It was done by one of the most powerful news organizations in the world in CBS/60 min. If it were so credible, why wouldn't more people be pointing to it (especially moveon, pelosi, reid, and etc.)? They could all bring the pres. up for impeachment, couldn't they?

Move On and all of the others were all over this when it came out. So what?

Pelosi and Redi? Not sure. Doesn't change the facts. It's really not something that is in question.

See my latest post.  Point is, moveon and others are far left groups.  Even Hillary and Pelosi are starting to distance themselves from those groups.  The MAJORITY of the American public moves congress to act.   That hasn't happened.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#6 : October 24, 2007, 10:04:05 PM

Again, I'm not doubting that W wanted a reason to oust Saddam, but, that video is not enough to convince me it was a "day one" thing. I'm not going to watch it 10 times, but, they show a memo or 2, speak to one cabinet member that was forced out, and cite off the record cabinet members. There've been plenty of folks leave the admin. now, why haven't more come forward?

It's kind of funny, the video starts out saying it's a buried interview! It was done by one of the most powerful news organizations in the world in CBS/60 min. If it were so credible, why wouldn't more people be pointing to it (especially moveon, pelosi, reid, and etc.)? They could all bring the pres. up for impeachment, couldn't they?

The buried interview part was made up by the person who posted the video. I could care
less what they have to say on the matter.

More people haven't come forward? Actually, they have. And more documents exist. Is wanting to
go into Iraq on day 1 or 10 or 15 an impeachable offense?

Not trying to flame you, Joe - I said I didn't doubt that it was on W's agenda.  

It's probably impeachable if proven.  Why aren't congress and the MAJORITY of  the people of this country (not just 5% - the moveon and pink folks) asking for Bush's impeachment?  Ok, now cite his approval rating........what's congress' approval rating?  

So, the larger point is, if the American public and congress were so concerned about it, they could have and would have acted. They haven't.  Why?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 24, 2007, 09:55:45 PM

There've been plenty of folks leave the admin. now, why haven't more come forward? 

Counter Terrorism Adviser, Richard Clarke...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/19/60minutes/main607356.shtml

Clarke says that as early as the day after the attacks, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was pushing for retaliatory strikes on Iraq, even though al Qaeda was based in Afghanistan.

Clarke suggests the idea took him so aback, he initially thought Rumsfeld was joking.

There are more people who have spoken out and as others have said, we have
the Downing Street Memo.

It was done by one of the most powerful news organizations in the world in CBS/60 min.  If it were so credible, why wouldn't more people be pointing to it (especially moveon, pelosi, reid, and etc.)?  They could all bring the pres. up for impeachment, couldn't they? 

Move On and all of the others were all over this when it came out. So what?

Pelosi and Redi? Not sure. Doesn't change the facts. It's really not something that is in question.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 24, 2007, 09:26:54 PM

Again, I'm not doubting that W wanted a reason to oust Saddam, but, that video is not enough to convince me it was a "day one" thing.  I'm not going to watch it 10 times, but, they show a memo or 2, speak to one cabinet member that was forced out, and cite off the record cabinet members.  There've been plenty of folks leave the admin. now, why haven't more come forward? 

It's kind of funny, the video starts out saying it's a buried interview!  It was done by one of the most powerful news organizations in the world in CBS/60 min.  If it were so credible, why wouldn't more people be pointing to it (especially moveon, pelosi, reid, and etc.)?  They could all bring the pres. up for impeachment, couldn't they? 

The buried interview part was made up by the person who posted the video. I could care
less what they have to say on the matter.

More people haven't come forward? Actually, they have. And more documents exist. Is wanting to
go into Iraq on day 1 or 10 or 15 an impeachable offense?

superbuc

Practice Squad
#9 : October 24, 2007, 09:12:57 PM

The documents are legit and the date says it all. Did you forget about those?
And the other sources. Unless you think Suskind is lying too and making it
all up.

Again, I'm not doubting that W wanted a reason to oust Saddam, but, that video is not enough to convince me it was a "day one" thing.  I'm not going to watch it 10 times, but, they show a memo or 2, speak to one cabinet member that was forced out, and cite off the record cabinet members.  There've been plenty of folks leave the admin. now, why haven't more come forward? 

It's kind of funny, the video starts out saying it's a buried interview!  It was done by one of the most powerful news organizations in the world in CBS/60 min.  If it were so credible, why wouldn't more people be pointing to it (especially moveon, pelosi, reid, and etc.)?  They could all bring the pres. up for impeachment, couldn't they? 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 24, 2007, 11:09:29 PM

Duh.  Point is, why aren't the majority of the American public outraged/calling for impeachment if all this evidence exists?

Are you serious?

Because the public isn't outraged or calling for impeachment means NADA about the
evidence. This public is so tired of Bush scandals. They are numb to these scandals
and they're apathetic. We're not in the Watergate years when two reporters for
a top newspaper do multiple, front page, investigative reports on the president's
illegal activities. And like I said, is it illegal to want to invade Iraq early on?

But at least when polled, the public knows what a bad job Bush has done. And
Congress too.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 24, 2007, 08:34:00 PM

Bush is the worst president in the history of our country....making lots of money for his friends....he made the whole world hate us ....such a a real jerk..and lots of moms and dads will never see their kids again ....thanks to this boob.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 25, 2007, 12:55:22 PM

Of course no hard feelings. We can disagree without having hard feelings.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#13 : October 25, 2007, 12:18:43 PM

Joe, I was 4 during Watergate! 

I appreciate you thinking I'm an attorney and can speak to if it's illegal.  I have no idea.  I do know "some public" isn't the majority of the public.

My own MO is to act if I want something changed.  I've contacted my elected officials' office a few times this year.  Case in point for action...immigration reform failed because the public acted in resounding numbers. 

I stand by what I said.  No hard feelings - last I'll say on it.  My family is growing (as of last week) so, I have to work!

superbuc

Practice Squad
#14 : October 24, 2007, 10:58:56 PM

Bush's discretionary spending is disgusting. Reagan is rolling over in his grave.
Amen to that.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Invading Iraq Was The Goal From Day 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools