Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rankings...... « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 18, 2007, 07:31:20 AM

......really don't mean much, but something I found interesting on Yahoo is encouraging. Only Jacksonville, of our remaining opponents, is ranked higher than the Bucs. The Redskins are close behind. The kicker to this is that nobody has a clue how our ground game will factor into it. Graham doesn't exactly have a lock as a starter. My guess is RBBC.

The Bucs were  listed 8th by Jason Cole and 11th by Charles Robinson. They had Carolina at 20th and 15th respectively. Robinson noted that the Panthers face the Colts, Titans, and the Packers, in their next 4 games. The Saints were 24th and 27th and the fowlgoons were 30th on both lists.

I hope the Bucs don't look at the schedule and get complacent. 12-4 is possible but not very likely. A lot can change in one week and we've got eleven weeks to go.

For right now the worst to first tradition looks good to continue. I have a feeling it will end next season.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 18, 2007, 07:58:40 AM

Why is 12-4 ''not very likely?'' At this point, we can go anything from 4-12 to 13-3. If Garcia were to get hurt this week, we might not win another game. And yet our schedule is such that we can be very optimistic. Let it play out. Hope for the best!

In Verner We Trust

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 18, 2007, 08:49:24 AM

Why is 12-4 ''not very likely?'' At this point, we can go anything from 4-12 to 13-3. If Garcia were to get hurt this week, we might not win another game. And yet our schedule is such that we can be very optimistic. Let it play out. Hope for the best!

This team has some good elements to build on but there are still several areas that need an upgrade. Our RB situation is a huge ? right now. The Bucs have a history losing games they should have won. They usually win a couple they should have lost, as well. We have guys new to the system and four very young guys on the OL. Our C is the veteran, but still considered by many to be the weak link on the OL. This is what we have protecting the key to our season, Jeff Garcia. The DL lacks an impact player in rushing the passer. We have issues and those issues don't lead me to believe we will sweep the rest of our schedule. I do believe we will win most of them and the division. I just think 8-2 the rest of the way is a little too much to ask right now.

Before the season started I said the Bucs would at least get a wildcard if not win the division outright, and I haven't changed my opinion on that. We have ten games to go and some key players are missing from the lineup. I have high hopes and realistic expectations. This is a good team. Next year they will be a great team.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rankings...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools