Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: manny being manny « previous next »
Page: 1 2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 18, 2007, 03:26:29 PM

His posing after HRs is what bothers me most - and what's this with today's MLBers who don't know how to wear baseball uniforms anymore?

Posing the other night is about a buhs as you can get.  You're getting your butt kicked and about to get sent home from the playoffs and you show up the pitcher.  Sabathia's first pitch to him tonight should go right in his ear.  Then again they coudl jsut beat the Sox and then Manny can practice posing all off season.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 18, 2007, 03:35:21 PM

There are two ways to take his remarks... And of course the majority take his comment to mean he doesn't care if Boston wins or loses.

Of course in a more pragmatic sense he could be stating that he and his team will do the best they can to try and keep alive in the series and as long as they do they have nothing to be ashamed of. He is correct there will indeed be another World Series next season and more games to be played.

sounds like a manny apologist to me...

this guy is a bum, people need to stop hugging his sack and call a spade a spade (no racist meaning intended), he is a crappy person who can hit.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 18, 2007, 03:36:24 PM

His posing after HRs is what bothers me most - and what's this with today's MLBers who don't know how to wear baseball uniforms anymore?

Posing the other night is about a buhs as you can get. You're getting your butt kicked and about to get sent home from the playoffs and you show up the pitcher. Sabathia's first pitch to him tonight should go right in his ear. Then again they coudl jsut beat the Sox and then Manny can practice posing all off season.

but that won't bother him, losing is no big deal as long as manny is just being manny.

what a loser he is.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 18, 2007, 03:37:37 PM

the hair kills me, he looks like a freakshow.  the dreads in a baseball cap or helmet looks asinine, yet he probebly thinks he looks cool.

manny being manny I guess...

::)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 18, 2007, 03:39:36 PM

Many is just being blunt.  The truth of the matter is that he is right.  The world won't end if the Red Sox lose tonight.  The team will go back to work and get ready for next year (which means spending a gazillion dollars in free agency since they can).

He probably shouldn't say it, but he's right.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 18, 2007, 03:47:30 PM

as a fan, who spends a lot of money on my team, that is the last thing I want to hear from a player...PERIOD!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 18, 2007, 03:52:20 PM

We fans take it way too seriously sometimes.  And Manny as well as the rest of the Red Sox have supplied the Red Sox nation with plenty of value for their entertainment dollar.  At the end of the day, what do you expect ... for him to go into deep depression.  I heard the comments a while ago and there didn't seem to be any real malice intended.  I didn't get the idea that it was a sign of giving up.  As a matter of fact, I think he had said something to the effect that they were still in it and could get a win tonight and go back to Boston.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 18, 2007, 04:31:36 PM

There are two ways to take his remarks... And of course the majority take his comment to mean he doesn't care if Boston wins or loses.

Of course in a more pragmatic sense he could be stating that he and his team will do the best they can to try and keep alive in the series and as long as they do they have nothing to be ashamed of. He is correct there will indeed be another World Series next season and more games to be played.

sounds like a manny apologist to me...

this guy is a bum, people need to stop hugging his sack and call a spade a spade (no racist meaning intended), he is a crappy person who can hit.

I haven't a clue what kind of a person he is never met him and probably never will.  Just making a remark concerning his statement.

Like Duane Thomas said before the Super Bowl  (paraphrased)  If it is the "ultimate game" why play it the next year?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: manny being manny « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools