Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for not drafting Adrian Peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

« : October 21, 2007, 05:42:25 PM »

Void Think.....

« #1 : October 21, 2007, 05:39:28 PM »

IMO someone should be held accountable for making such a HUGE mistake.  Honestly, I would take any of the 31 other draft picks in the first round, besides Adams.  Anyone but this princess.  It's sickening to think we could have had Peterson. 

Funny thing is my mom called a lil while ago and said someone should be fired for that.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
« #2 : October 21, 2007, 05:33:56 PM »

IMO someone should be held accountable for making such a HUGE mistake.  Honestly, I would take any of the 31 other draft picks in the first round, besides Adams.  Anyone but this princess.  It's sickening to think we could have had Peterson.  

« #3 : October 21, 2007, 05:25:46 PM »

I'm thankful for Graham's contributions today and thought he played well but lets not compare him to Peterson, please.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 21, 2007, 07:17:54 PM »

I'm thankful for Graham's contributions today and thought he played well but lets not compare him to Peterson, please.

I am in no way, shape or form meaning to imply that he's an even vaguely comparable player.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 21, 2007, 05:13:11 PM »

Pretty disheartening to see this guy do whatever he wants on the field, even when the opposition knows whats coming.

We had an undrafted free agent running back put up nearly 200 yards of total offense today.  Granted, I don't doubt that he'll do that on significantly less a consistent basis than AD, but it's also illustrative of why the team didn't really need to be spending another top 5 pick on a running back.

« #6 : October 21, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »

Boid Fink
Void Think

« #7 : October 21, 2007, 04:55:28 PM »

Pretty disheartening to see this guy do whatever he wants on the field, even when the opposition knows whats coming.

« #8 : October 18, 2007, 06:35:55 PM »

if I had only phrased the question that way.......I tip my hat to you

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 18, 2007, 06:20:48 PM »

well ive always been supportive whoever the bucs pick but I had us taking Okoye at 4.. I picked that as the pick for the free ticket contest.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

« #10 : October 18, 2007, 06:04:02 PM »

Now we have another few months data and a couple of new injuries you can start to second guess the decision to pass on Peterson but on draft day picking Adams was solid IMO. Although I would have taken Okoye, did I mention that already 8)

LOL... yes you did. Of course, you remember me mentioning, prior to the draft, that I didnt want Gaines. I thought he was over-hyped then, and obviously still do.

t the same time, if the team knew that they weren't likely to have Rice stick around, they had noone at defensive end. The problem is that Adams isn't producing, but if the team felt that he could be an elite pass-rusher (and go back and watch Kiffin's press conference, it's clear that they did), it was a logical move to make. Even if they hadn't liked Adams, it would have made good sense to go with Okoye over AD, as we basically had absolutely nothing at that position also.

I always think back to how excited(sarcasm) Gruden looks at Gaines' press conf.

« #11 : October 18, 2007, 11:30:42 AM »

I will once again preface this by saying I thought Adrian Peterson was the best player in the draft

Is there any way Jon Gruden could win in this situation? Let's say he does take Adrian Peterson. The same crowd who is still mad about John Lynch and Joe Jurevicius would be claiming Gruden has no loyalty to his players. None of his players trust him. Gruden clubs baby seals and eats children.

Now the same exact crowd of people are saying, Gruden couldnt put his ego aside and admit that Caddy isnt "that guy" in order to draft Adrian Peterson.

How does this guy ever win? The quick answer is, he doesn't.

Now getting away from the lose/lose scenario that Gruden was in by having the ability to draft, or pass on Adrian Peterson let's examine it from Bruce Allen's standpoint. If we draft Adrian Peterson, the Gruden/Allen hating crowd would say "why are we paying our backfield more than anyone else in the league." "Why does Gruden neglect the defense and continue to pump money into the offense." "Why in a league with a salary cap would we use two top 5 picks on RBs who are going to account for 15% of our salary cap and A LOT of guaranteed moeny for the next 5 years"

Only the Lions make decisions like that, and theres a reason for it

And my last point on this subject, what are you people thinking when you question why Gruden would still have faith in Cadillac? He was rookie of the year in 2005, and he had a terrible year in 2006. He had 1 bad season, which was preceeded by 1 excellent season. You dont win in this league by making irrational decision like giving up on a player like that, with talent like that, who broke Bo Jackson's TD record over a 4 year span in college and followed it up by winning rookie of teh year. sometimes I wonder if everyone's wives are getting on and posting under their names on here

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 18, 2007, 11:35:31 AM »

The way you win is if Peterson is the superstar he appears to be. If you asked any fan would if had already spent the #5 pick on Errict Rhett, would you spend the #4 pick two years later on Walter Payton, I think most would say yes.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

« #13 : October 18, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »

That is a ridiculous analogy

There has been nothing to prove Cadillac is the same talent that Rhett is, nor that Peterson is the same as Payton. Plus, you didnt have the same restraints with teh salary cap when Rhett was drafted.

If I said in the middle of last year, would you draft Reggie WHite over Kijana Carter and was talking about Bush/Mario Williams what would you have said? I think this analogy is just as good.

« #14 : October 18, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »

Wait I have an even better analogy to compare to yours. What if you drafted Priest Holmes, and then 2 years later drafted Jamal Lewis. But let's oretend Priest Holmes was a top 5 pick (he wasnt even drafted) and you had millions and millions of dollars guaranteed to him for several years
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for not drafting Adrian Peterson « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools