Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for not drafting Adrian Peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 18, 2007, 11:43:46 AM

There was no way to pick AP given the buccs holes elsewhere.  That is acknowledged by damn near everyone - even folks that did not think so much of Caddy.  

Now if one had the ability to foretell the future very accurately... but then that person would spend more time on Lottos than the NFL.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#16 : October 18, 2007, 11:45:39 AM

good post dbucfan, I agree with that. I think we all wish we had AP, but Im afraid "damn near everyone" doesnt use the same logic and reasoning that we do, and there are a ton of people who are pszd at Gruden for not drafting Peterson. Bothi n the media and the fanbase

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 18, 2007, 11:45:55 AM

I agree with your original post Ronde Bear.  Gruden and Allen cannot win, even when they bring in players like Buchanon you get David Boston thrown in your face...or they let Shelton Quarles go for Barrett Ruud they got drilled.

Most of the fans have absolutely no clue what the hell they are talking about and they prove it over and over and over again.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 18, 2007, 11:47:53 AM

There has been nothing to prove Cadillac is the same talent that Rhett is, nor that Peterson is the same as Payton. Plus, you didnt have the same restraints with teh salary cap when Rhett was drafted.
Rhett's best season: 334 carries, 1207 yards, 11 TDs
Cadillac's best season: 290 carries, 1178 yards, 6 TDs

Can you really say they are different players, let alone Cadillac is much better?

Maybe Payton is a stretch, but does Peterson not look like a multiple pro bowler? Did Cadillac ever?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 18, 2007, 11:51:30 AM

Wait I have an even better analogy to compare to yours. What if you drafted Priest Holmes, and then 2 years later drafted Jamal Lewis. But let's oretend Priest Holmes was a top 5 pick (he wasnt even drafted) and you had millions and millions of dollars guaranteed to him for several years
In this situation, what had Priest Holmes done in those two years? Had he rushed for 1555 yards in his first season as a starter like he did in KC?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#20 : October 18, 2007, 11:56:40 AM

Guess what, in the same amount of time Cadillac has been in the league (2+ years) Priest Holmes never put up the numebrs that Rhett did in his best year either. So I guess by your logic Rhett is a greater player than Priest Holmes.

Im sorry but let it be known it is your opinion that Cadillac never looked like a multi pro bowl player. Broke Jacksons TD record at Auburn. Might I add Jackson was one of the best college football players ever. Cadillac was rookie of the year. I wont even mention how inconsistent and mostly bad the OL  has been the past 2 years because the Caddy haters refuse to acknowledge that.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 18, 2007, 12:04:01 PM

FRG Carnell looked very promising his rookie year, everyone knows that. To come out in his second and third seasons and do absolutely nothing but get hurt, is REALLY disappointing. Now I wouldn't **CENSORED** so much about his injuries if the dude would produce on the field when he's not absent. He just doesn't. Which is why I wanted to dump him before the draft last year. I don't think that if we had drafted Adrian Peterson this year, Gru and Allen would get that much flack. Yes we had holes to fill, but talent like that only comes at you once in a while. He's the best back since Ladanian and that's the truth. Just because it's not the most LOGICAL thing to do, doesn't mean it isn't the right move to make. AP is a playmake and right now, this offense only has 2 playmakers. Both of their last names begin with Ga, and both of them are on the wrong side of 30. It was a chance to bring more youth, more talent, and more playmaking ability to this offense and the backfield, and we missed and missed big time.

Ronde, if we fail to realize that...howcome you can't see that the holes are there, our backs just aren't hitting them the way they should be. You're not going to get GAPING holes in the NFL, you only get creases, and if you can't find those creases and explode into and out of them, you're not going to get anywhere. Plain and simple. Holes in the big leagues don't stay open very long...maybe a second if you're lucky.

#22 : October 18, 2007, 12:05:37 PM

btw, I havent even got to the fact (yes I said FACT) that Gaines Adams will be a 10 sack player for this team. Maybe not this year, but he will. All the keyboard jockeys and members of the media love to be knee jerk sensationalists. "oooo Gruden is great." "O Gruden is the devil." "O cadillac is goign to be mayor of this town some day." "OOOOOOhhh Cadillac is a pinto running on empty." "O Gaines ADAMS IS a skinny, soft, reincarnation of Eric Curry and Keith McCANTS." (2 YEARS LATER...) "O Gaines Adams is a leader, a soldier, and Id like him to marry my daughter"

You people are sick, and funny, and in some way I am a part of this too

#23 : October 18, 2007, 12:07:00 PM

limpbizkit dude, I wont even argue with some who is claiming holes are being opened in the running game. Ayone who watches the games can tell you that there hasnt been any holes.

dodda45

Starter
#24 : October 18, 2007, 12:10:18 PM

AP was also hurt at the time of the draft...I can hardly remember anyone saying that we should pick him...As a matter of fact, I remember that when profootballtalk.com actually first threw the idea out there, most did not take it seriously...Fans who criticize Gruden for this are just trying to find anything to beat up the coach with...These are the same people that criticized the Ruud pick, Sears pick and Trueblood pick...but are awfully quiet about it now....

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 18, 2007, 12:13:52 PM

LOL...Pitt seems to be the only one who finds them...and that's kinda sad. I don't want to hear that crap about the defenses being worn down when he got all his yards. Most of his touches came in the first half and 3rd quarter of the ball games. The holes are there. Our backs aren't hitting them. If the run blocking were a problem, you would be hearing Gruden in his PC's saying something a long the lines of "Our run blocking isn't what we'd like it to be" yadda yadda yadda. The line is playing lights out ball. Only giving up a couple sacks so far this year. The problem is our backfield, but most of you wont agree...Im telling you, the holes are there. Our backs are slow and have terrible vision.

#26 : October 18, 2007, 12:16:45 PM

Pittman runs the ball in the 4th quarter and on 3rd and 20. Its not hard to get 13  yards rushing on 3rd and 20. Pay attention Newman!

#27 : October 18, 2007, 12:19:14 PM

Maybe you missed the INdy game, 5 carries for -1 yards

Pewterreport made a great article a couple weeks ago where they showed 2/3 of Pittman and Graham's rushes come in the 2nd half (before Caddy got hurt). And what has happened since Caddy got hurt? They get the ball in the 1st half, and they do nothing

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 18, 2007, 12:20:35 PM

AP was also hurt at the time of the draft...I can hardly remember anyone saying that we should pick him...As a matter of fact, I remember that when profootballtalk.com actually first threw the idea out there, most did not take it seriously...Fans who criticize Gruden for this are just trying to find anything to beat up the coach with...These are the same people that criticized the Ruud pick, Sears pick and Trueblood pick...but are awfully quiet about it now....

Yeah, ironically, AP's question marks coming out of school was...injury-prone?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 18, 2007, 12:24:28 PM

BECAUSE THEY AREN'T GOOD RUNNING BACKS!! [banghead] how is that so hard to see??? carnell isn't a good back, nobody we have on this roster is a GOOD running back not one

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for not drafting Adrian Peterson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools