Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for not drafting Adrian Peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 18, 2007, 02:56:23 PM

Why would you draft a RB at 4th when you already have a 5th pick ROY RB on the roster. ???

Because what we have is an often-injured one-dimensional rb that lacks breakaway speed, and is a liability as both a pass receiver and pass protector.

Now we have another few months data and a couple of new injuries you can start to second guess the decision to pass on Peterson but on draft day picking Adams was solid IMO.  Although I would have taken Okoye, did I mention that already   8)

ilovebeer

Starter

#76 : October 18, 2007, 03:27:55 PM

Why even talk about what we should have done in the draft?  Hindsight is 20/20  I think gaines is going to become a nice DE when he matures.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#77 : October 18, 2007, 03:30:37 PM

Why even talk about what we should have done in the draft? Hindsight is 20/20

Totally agree, silly thread.

BTW - I would have taken Okoye, Hate can confirm that.    ;D

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#78 : October 18, 2007, 03:33:35 PM

Why even talk about what we should have done in the draft? Hindsight is 20/20
How else do you evaluate GMs?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#79 : October 18, 2007, 03:37:35 PM

One portion of what GMs do is oversee the draft process and select scouts.  There are many other tasks as you well know FRG.   And if you want to pick this particular choice/non selection to make a point on - well there are a lot better ones to question.  This one was almost a no brainer as to why AP wasn't taken.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ilovebeer

Starter

#80 : October 18, 2007, 03:40:01 PM

Plus everyone is about to jump on the AP wagon.  He is an amazing runner, but I will give him his credit when he carries the ball for a full season without injuring himself on a freak accident like at OK.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#81 : October 18, 2007, 03:43:27 PM

If he goes to the HOF he still wasn't the right choice at the time ilovebeer.  Simple as that - had four rbs - Caddy, Pittman, Alstott and Graham - and holes all over the place on D.  Now in retrospect wish the buccs had selected Okoye - I will let you know at the end of the year.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

acacius

Hall of Famer

#82 : October 18, 2007, 04:20:59 PM

Why would you draft a RB at 4th when you already have a 5th pick ROY RB on the roster. ???

Because what we have is an often-injured one-dimensional rb that lacks breakaway speed, and is a liability as both a pass receiver and pass protector.

At the same time, if the team knew that they weren't likely to have Rice stick around, they had noone at defensive end.  The problem is that Adams isn't producing, but if the team felt that he could be an elite pass-rusher (and go back and watch Kiffin's press conference, it's clear that they did), it was a logical move to make.  Even if they hadn't liked Adams, it would have made good sense to go with Okoye over AD, as we basically had absolutely nothing at that position also.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for not drafting Adrian Peterson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools