Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do YOU blaim for that loss? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

Bucfanut

Starter

#165 : October 30, 2007, 07:35:12 PM

Here's Garcia's stats. Really, I like the pickup but how well is he doing?...

WK OPP | CMP ATT PYD TD INT | RSH YD TD |
+----------+--------------------------+----------------+
| 1 sea | 19 27 201 0 0 | 1 3 0 |
| 2 nor | 10 16 243 2 0 | 2 6 0 |
| 3 stl | 14 22 151 0 0 | 3 3 0 |
| 4 car | 15 25 176 0 0 | 4 10 1 |
| 5 ind | 18 23 143 2 0 | 1 7 0 |
| 6 ten | 20 31 274 1 0 | 2 1 0 |
| 7 det | 37 45 316 2 0 | 6 10 0 |
| 8 jax | 19 41 267 1 3 | 4 45 0 |
+----------+--------------------------+----------------+
| TOTAL | 152 230 1771 8 3 | 23 85 1

He's got 8 passing TDs and 1 rushing. Looking at the rest of the QBs in the league he doesn't even qualify for a fantasy team. As long as he doesn't turn the ball over I'm satisfied but he's not the future and he's not really anthing special here. It just appears so after last years performance. He's down with Jay Cutler and Donovan McNabb in TD passes. He's also got a bunch of 100+ yard games. It's nothing all that special.

How come when the Bucs were 4-2, it was because Garcia had the "power to overrule" Gruden's playcalls, and he was doing a great job of doing so? But no mention of how it was a nice signing. But now that we've lost the last 2, he's "nothing special", so clearly, it's Gruden's fault for bringing him in and "nothing all that special". Seriously now, name a better option....how about we get Shaun King back? He's the answer, just like in 2002; cause Gruden was such an idiot for starting Brad and King played terrific in his one chance to...oh, nevermind.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#166 : October 30, 2007, 08:56:10 PM

Which injuries have hurt us so badly? The injuries where we played better teams? That's all it is. I like Garcia, and don't think there was anybody better available. I'm just saying he's played well vs poor teams and not so great vs good teams. He's been throwing 40+ times a game in the last two games. He didn't do that in the 1st six games. This is why I think Gruden is at fault with his playcalling. That's also why his yardage is up there. He's done a solid job but he's still not blowing anybody away. In the games that we did win he played exceptionally well. 16 attempts 243 yards and 2 TDs vs NO helps out quite a bit. Yes, I think Garcia is the catalyst for our victories early on and now Gruden has become pass happy and we're losing.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#167 : October 30, 2007, 09:27:13 PM

Hey genuis?  What injuries have hurt us?  Are you frikkin serious?  We lost Alstott, Caddy and Pittman out top 3 RB's!  Maybe we're throwing more now because of that, you think?  Maybe it was because we were playing against the No. 1 and No. 3 best rushing defenses in the NFL you think?  We're starting our 4th string RB right now!

We lost our starting LT, our starting TE, our starting CB.  We lost 2 of our top 4 WR's in Paris Warren and Michael Clayton. We lost several of our best Special teams players in Torrie Cox and Mark Jones.  You really do not think any of those losses have affected us?  Are you really this stupid, seriously?  Losing Luke Petitgout was huge as we're having to start an undrafted rookie at our starting LT spot.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#168 : October 30, 2007, 09:40:06 PM

Hey genuis? What injuries have hurt us? Are you frikkin serious? We lost Alstott, Caddy and Pittman out top 3 RB's! Maybe we're throwing more now because of that, you think? Maybe it was because we were playing against the No. 1 and No. 3 best rushing defenses in the NFL you think? We're starting our 4th string RB right now!

We lost our starting LT, our starting TE, our starting CB. We lost 2 of our top 4 WR's in Paris Warren and Michael Clayton. We lost several of our best Special teams players in Torrie Cox and Mark Jones. You really do not think any of those losses have affected us? Are you really this stupid, seriously? Losing Luke Petitgout was huge as we're having to start an undrafted rookie at our starting LT spot.
Very Acurate post keep up the good work...OBD

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#169 : October 31, 2007, 02:35:45 AM

Please enlighten us on just how difficult these injuries have been to overcome? You seem to like to overdramatize. None of those injuries is a game killer much less a season killer. Other teams have injuries too, like the Colts and every other team we've played, but they overcome them. You don't hear their coaches whining about injuries. Let me go down your list for you and maybe you'll understand why your argument is weak...

Mike Alstott-Gruden wouldn't play him anyway and in some circles it is accepted that Mike was forced out because Gruden didn't want the backlash of cutting him. Again, Gruden gave Mike the ball 188 times in 4 years since 2003 which is about what he averaged IN ONE YEAR before that.

Caddy-3.9 ypc 3 TDs, 3 catches for 17 yards/Graham-4.0 ypc 3 TDs, 24 catches for 163 yards. Where's that hurting us again?

Pittman-169 yards rushing 0 TDS, 11 catches for 94 yards 0 TDs/Bennett-45 yards rushing and 1TD already. Graham has more receiving yards then Pittman and Caddy combined. Pittman will be back after the bye week. Then we'll see Gruden give him the bulk of the carries again as usual.

Petigout has been replaced and we don't need him. We've only given up 10 total sacks of Garcia with and without Petigout. The guy had a history of injuries before he got here. Gruden/Allen haven't learned their dumster diving lessons.

Alex Smith-14 receptions for 133 yards and 2 one yard TDs. Stevens already has 8 for 78 and Smith should be back. He wasn't a big factor before he got injured.

Brian kelly-Really, how much dropoff has their been? I love Kelly and when he plays we win but Buchanan has been playing great.

Paris Warren was our 6th/7th receiver. David Boston was our #2 going into the last preseason game so saying we've had a dropoff with losing these guys is a joke. Clayton when healthy hasn't scored a TD in how long with his 6 catches this year?

Torrie Cox-Substance abuser suspended by the league who just started playing week 7.

Mark Jones-We cut him in the preseason. Really, how important of a guy is he. If so then somebody better find out why he was just being cut with no good backup!

I think good teams overcome injuries to certain players. In our case an injury to Garcia or Galloway would kill us right now. There are other players as well but none of the ones you listed are killers. Really, name the 3rd receiver on most teams? Name their punt returner and tell me why it would crush their chances of winning if he got injured. Left tackle is a big deal but we have 3 others who have played before and done fine. It hasn't killed us or caused any dropoff. IMO our weakest area has been the right side of the line to the center.

IMO the players who aren't injured are the ones who have been hurting us.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do YOU blaim for that loss? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools