Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perspective « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#15 : October 29, 2007, 01:17:00 PM

We lost to a team we should have beat who was playing their 3rd string QB from preseason. Does that sound like a good team to you?

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 29, 2007, 01:31:01 PM

A very good team, their QB was garbage! I've seen more confidence in a high school football QB!!!!
AND WE LOST TO THAT CRAP!!

We lost by one point to a very good team. The Bucs lost because of a few key mistakes. Garcia showed that he is human and a few players stood out as having some much needed ability, namely Stovall, Stevens, and Bennett. We had some bright spots today and we are done with the tough half of the schedule. 6-2 is possible the rest of the way. We have a young talented team and veteran leadership.

Don't expect a lot in the playoffs though.

We almost got to the Super Bowl with Shawn King because of a great defense.  Why do you think that they couldn't beat us with a great defense, Grey and a great run game?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 29, 2007, 01:31:55 PM

Yea, but that third string QB from preseason doesn't play defense. Jax isn't too bad there.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 29, 2007, 01:36:21 PM

Good lord he ONLY completed 7 out of 16 passes for 100 yards (long of 30), 43.8% 6.3 Y/A and 1 Touchdown. 3 rush for 0 yards.

How did he tear us up?

Blame's on receivers and a little on Garcia.

And of course, Gruden... cuz... uh um... he... well you know... Michael Bennett didn't start! Yeah that's it!

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 29, 2007, 01:39:27 PM

They don't have to pass if they have a run game like that. 

Buc31

Starter

#20 : October 29, 2007, 01:46:51 PM

You would think after yesterday, that people would quit predicting wins and losses. NO GAME IS A GUARANTEE!!!!!

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 29, 2007, 02:32:58 PM

You call this contributing to a thread?

About as much as calling someone an "***clown" adds to the debate. But, I guess that passes for wit and humor among the under 15 crowd.

To add to this thread, I think the real perspective here is that the defense was unable to stop Quinn Gray (he of the 11 passer rating) when they had to.

That speaks volumes about where the team is right now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 29, 2007, 02:36:12 PM

They did stop Quinn Gray.  The running game is what they could not stop.

And what speaks volumes about where the team is right now?  Your incorrect conclusion that we couldn't stop Quinn Gray?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#23 : October 29, 2007, 02:38:16 PM

The bottom line is if you are a good team you don't lose to a third string QB, you force him into turnovers period.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 29, 2007, 02:39:39 PM

They did stop Quinn Gray. The running game is what they could not stop.

I guess the touchdown pass was a figment of my imagination, as was the deep completion that set up the TD and the pass that netted them a 1st down late in the 4th (prior to the sack) that was only negated because of a ticky-tack "inelligible man" call.

No picks. Virtually no pressure. All on a guy with an 11 QB rating.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 29, 2007, 02:50:18 PM

They did stop Quinn Gray. The running game is what they could not stop.

I guess the touchdown pass was a figment of my imagination, as was the deep completion that set up the TD and the pass that netted them a 1st down late in the 4th (prior to the sack) that was only negated because of a ticky-tack "inelligible man" call.

No picks. Virtually no pressure. All on a guy with an 11 QB rating.

I would allow 7/16 for 100 yards and a TD to every QB we face the rest of the year...I guess I don't expect too much from a defense.

So in your world, to "stop" a QB, you cannot allow a touchdown pass or a first down conversion to him.

I admire your high expectations.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 29, 2007, 02:50:55 PM

The bottom line is if you are a good team you don't lose to a third string QB, you force him into turnovers period.

For the 4th time, Einstein, Gray was the 2nd-string QB.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#27 : October 29, 2007, 02:54:36 PM

Gray was the 3rd string QB going into training camp. He is a legit third stringer in this league and we didn't force him into bad decisions like the Colts did.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 29, 2007, 02:57:19 PM

Gray was the 3rd string QB going into training camp. He is a legit third stringer in this league and we didn't force him into bad decisions like the Colts did.

What the hell does it matter what he was going into training camp???  Hell, he was a starter in college, therefore he is starter quality by your twisted logic of thinking.

The fact is that the Jags decided that he was better than Leftwich and cut Leftwich, making Gray THE 2ND-STRING QB.  Why am I even trying to help you think logically???

mpanico

Rookie
#29 : October 29, 2007, 02:59:36 PM

As much as I would like to be wrong, the Bucs just don't have the fire power on offense. Their running game is virtually gone. If Pittman can come back soon they have a chance there. They only have one viable receiver in Galloway. What I would like to see is the Bucs utilizing the tight ends more. There is nothing wrong with short passes. Question: How long is the football field? Most people would say 100 yards, and I'd say they would be wrong. The way to think of it is the football field is 10 yards long (three downs to make 10 yards since 4th down is a punting situation). The key to this game isn't the 80 yard bomb, but in making first downs. If a team can concentrate on stringing first downs together the next thing you know they are at the other team's goal line, not to mention they control the clock and time of possesion.

Anyway I'm rambling a bit. The point is I don't believe the Bucs have enough (uninjured) weapons on offense to be consistent. As I said I hope I'm wrong.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perspective « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools