Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Jon: 9-7 or clean out your desk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: October 28, 2007, 09:52:40 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I haven't spoken to Bryan or Joel since before training camp. I know nothing about where they stand on Jon Gruden's future employment with this team, other than their frame of mind before the season began. Many people have asked me where I stand on what record is acceptable this season, and I really couldn't put my finger on a regular season final result I felt was good enough...but now, at this point, I can:

9-7. A .500 record or worse is NOT acceptable to me. Of course, my opinion means nothing in regard to Coach Gruden's employment status, but I'm putting it out there, anyhow.

The past two games make me sick to my stomach. Wasted opportunities and too many mistakes. These were two teams, two games, that the Bucs should never have given away. Never.

Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. I put that strictly on the coaching staff.

Coaching needs to be better, especially some of the position coaching. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the position coaching will be upgraded without replacing the head coach. I was willing to give the OL coaching a chance this season because I felt like Coach Kromer was going to be a bigger influence on the line than it appears that he has been.

If things don't get better, or a change isn't made, then I feel like this staff may end up wasting the young talent they've brought in like Sears, Joseph, Trueblood and fritter away the final few years of the good vets like Garcia and Galloway.

Maybe I'm just frustrated after these two inexcusable losses, but right now, this is how I feel. Perhaps as the week goes on I'll soften my stance, but right now I expect this team not to waste the 3-1 first quarter of the season and finish up with an 8-8 record or worse.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 28, 2007, 09:54:31 PM

Well-said.  Hopefully this game was a wake-up call and the coaching staff and team can turn it around.  This division was handed to us on a platter this year; a .500 record is inexcusable.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : October 28, 2007, 09:57:07 PM

I agree DTG. Gruden has fielded sloppy teams almost every year he's been coach of this team. If the Bucs blow the great start they had to this season by finishing .500 or worse, I want him the hell out of here.

#3 : October 28, 2007, 09:57:14 PM

If things don't get better, or a change isn't made, then I feel like this staff may end up wasting the young talent they've brought in like Sears, Joseph, Trueblood

I find it very telling that when you mention our "young talent", you don't mentioned the guys that we've blown our recent #1 picks on.

#4 : October 28, 2007, 10:00:49 PM

I disagree to this.

11 injured players on IR!!!!!!!!!!  Jon Gruden & staff have been nothing but coaching their asses off to players who lack experience in the game. The mistakes are not Gruden's fault!

If anything I commend Gruden for doing a good job in coaching players to their abilities.

If anyone should get fired is MUIR!!!! FIRE MUIR! and FIRE BISACCIA!

I'd give Gruden an extension! I want Gruden to be a Bucs HC for Life.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#5 : October 28, 2007, 10:01:06 PM

Surprised you went "there", DTG.  I am, too.  I appreciate what Gru did getting us over the top, but, the type of games we had the last 2 weeks, even good teams find a way to pull it out.  The great teams are obvious right now.  I thought we were one of the good teams before the last 2 weeks.  Now, I feel (and the record shows it) we're a mediocre also-ran.

They can go back to good, so, I'm not asking for Gru's head at this time.  Gah, I want a winning season again!

armydx316

Starter

#6 : October 28, 2007, 10:01:36 PM

well said DTG, I completely agree

#7 : October 28, 2007, 10:02:33 PM

wow, you guys are pathetic.

#8 : October 28, 2007, 10:02:57 PM

Is this for real?

#9 : October 28, 2007, 10:04:16 PM

VERY REAL HATER.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 28, 2007, 10:04:30 PM

Plays were there to be made today. Just didn't make them. Is better coaching going to teach Brooks to make a tackle, Hilliard to turn around, Galloway to hold onto the ball or Garcia to throw the ball better? I don't know. But....I don't think this is the year to be "letting things go".

The injury situation is also similar. Yes...it's been a tough year injury wise but....the last few years have to be taken into consideration when assessing the coaching staff.

I don't want ownership waffling because of "too many injuries" or "the players just weren't making the plays".

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 28, 2007, 10:05:07 PM

If things don't get better, or a change isn't made, then I feel like this staff may end up wasting the young talent they've brought in like Sears, Joseph, Trueblood

I find it very telling that when you mention our "young talent", you don't mentioned the guys that we've blown our recent #1 picks on.

Ummm...Joseph was a number one....his name is right after Sears and before Trueblood.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : October 28, 2007, 10:05:24 PM

I disagree to this.

11 injured players on IR!!!!!!!!!!  Jon Gruden & staff have been nothing but coaching their asses off to players who lack experience in the game. The mistakes are not Gruden's fault!

If anything I commend Gruden for doing a good job in coaching players to their abilities.

If anyone should get fired is MUIR!!!! FIRE MUIR! and FIRE BISACCIA!

injuries are not an excuse at this point. we just got beat by a team playing without it's starting QB, which is possibly the worst injury any team can have. If you want to be a good team in this league, you have to overcome injuries.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 28, 2007, 10:05:33 PM

I disagree to this.

11 injured players on IR!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, because Sam Olajubutu, Antoine Cash, and Charles Bennett were going to lead us to the promised land.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 28, 2007, 10:05:45 PM

He stays 4 game improvement(8-8).
We fail to execute the plays when the doors are wide open. He did a excellent job calling the game, I loved the Bennett play for 6. There is no way in the hell this guy leaves, if he leaves, Crennell should be gone.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Jon: 9-7 or clean out your desk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools