Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Jon: 9-7 or clean out your desk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 28, 2007, 10:06:00 PM

Where is Kiffin's blame?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 28, 2007, 10:06:54 PM

He finally made adjustments today, an improvement. He needs to make adjustments when teams are moving the ball,every game.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 28, 2007, 10:07:47 PM

Where is Kiffin's blame?

Blame for what?  He's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crap.

#18 : October 28, 2007, 10:07:56 PM

If things don't get better, or a change isn't made, then I feel like this staff may end up wasting the young talent they've brought in like Sears, Joseph, Trueblood

I find it very telling that when you mention our "young talent", you don't mentioned the guys that we've blown our recent #1 picks on.

Ummm...Joseph was a number one....his name is right after Sears and before Trueblood.

I don't consider Joseph a bust.... but I do consider the other 3 to be.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 28, 2007, 10:08:28 PM

I disagree to this.

11 injured players on IR!!!!!!!!!!  Jon Gruden & staff have been nothing but coaching their asses off to players who lack experience in the game. The mistakes are not Gruden's fault!

If anything I commend Gruden for doing a good job in coaching players to their abilities.

If anyone should get fired is MUIR!!!! FIRE MUIR! and FIRE BISACCIA!

I'd give Gruden an extension! I want Gruden to be a Bucs HC for Life.

injuries are not an excuse at this point. we just got beat by a team playing without it's starting QB, which is possibly the worst injury any team can have. If you want to be a good team in this league, you have to overcome injuries.

I agree you have to overcome injuries, but you have to admit, losing your Left Tackle and your top 3 Running Backs is a lot to overcome.  Tack on Brian Kelly, Mike Clayton, P-Chuk, Mark Jones, and now Spires....that's a whole lot.

noopy2237

Starter
#20 : October 28, 2007, 10:09:37 PM

Coaches coach and players play. It was Garcia that missed galloway and Ike for TDs. If the players jump offsides, it wasn't the coaching staff teaching these guys to do that. I know people want to blame this coaching staff especially after losts like this one but don't forget that the game is played by the players. They had a chance in this game and last week and did not execute their jobs. The players are just as accountable as the coaches.

#21 : October 28, 2007, 10:11:01 PM

There is no way in the hell this guy leaves, if he leaves, Crennell should be gone.

Crennell has his young team ballin' and showing VAST improvement.

#22 : October 28, 2007, 10:13:33 PM

there is no argument here, period. Gruden stays get over it or pick another team to hate.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 28, 2007, 10:13:44 PM

I find it very telling that when you mention our "young talent", you don't mentioned the guys that we've blown our recent #1 picks on.

Telling? How so?

And what's to mention? Cadillac is injured. Clayton looks like a bust, but with better coaching perhaps he can turn it around. It's too early to make any judgment on Adams.

These past two games show that coaching is an issue. I can make allowances for so much, but I can't allow another .500 or worse season. Again, not that my opinion means anything.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 28, 2007, 10:14:42 PM

I disagree to this.

11 injured players on IR!!!!!!!!!!  Jon Gruden & staff have been nothing but coaching their asses off to players who lack experience in the game. The mistakes are not Gruden's fault!

These two wasted games were not lost due to injuries.

#25 : October 28, 2007, 10:16:35 PM

I disagree to this.

wasn't blaming these 2 losses on injuries, I am giving credit to Gruden for overcoming this plague of injuries and continue to do a good job coaching. DESPITE WHAT YOU AND OTHERS SAY.

These two wasted games were not lost due to injuries.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 28, 2007, 10:17:13 PM

If everyone here knew Carnell, Pittman, Alstott, Pettigout, Smith, Clayton, Jones, and BK were all going to miss significant time I guarantee 4-4 would not have been too many peoples predictions around here at the halfway point in the season. But, as always, people ignore facts around here and just want to complain. I'm as pissed as anyone about the last two games but I'm not going to be dumb enough to blame them on Gruden.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 28, 2007, 10:17:44 PM

Coaching needs to be better, especially some of the position coaching. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the position coaching will be upgraded without replacing the head coach. I was willing to give the OL coaching a chance this season because I felt like Coach Kromer was going to be a bigger influence on the line than it appears that he has been.
I've felt this way for some time. I like Gruden as the head coach but he's been brought down by many whom he has control over whether they stay or go and if they don't go it's going to eventually come back to him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#28 : October 28, 2007, 10:18:07 PM

If everyone here knew Carnell, Pittman, Alstott, Pettigout, Smith, Clayton, Jones, and BK were all going to miss significant time I guarantee 4-4 would not have been too many peoples predictions around here at the halfway point in the season. But, as always, people ignore facts around here and just want to complain. I'm as pissed as anyone about the last two games but I'm not going to be dumb enough to blame them on Gruden.

finally, there is hope!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 28, 2007, 10:19:38 PM

No, sorry. The penalties and many of the mistakes are squarely on the coaches the past two weeks. Not only that, but the offensive coaching staff isn't proving to be able to coach up the players they're coaching. Maybe with better coaching, we'd have better performance.

I like Jon Gruden and I would be satisfied with a 9-7 record. However, to me 8-8 or worse given the circumstances this season is not acceptable.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Jon: 9-7 or clean out your desk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools