Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Jon: 9-7 or clean out your desk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16

#30 : October 28, 2007, 10:20:44 PM

*sighs*

oh well. Onto the next topic.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#31 : October 28, 2007, 10:21:22 PM

We were just beaten by a backup QB, injuries are no excuse.

#32 : October 28, 2007, 10:23:19 PM

Gruden stays get over it or pick another team to hate.

You do know our team is the Tampa Bay Bucs, not the Tampa Bay Grudens?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 28, 2007, 10:24:00 PM

I've felt this way for some time. I like Gruden as the head coach but he's been brought down by many whom he has control over whether they stay or go and if they don't go it's going to eventually come back to him.

Tony Dungy was called on the carpet for the inept performance of his offensive coaching staff. He was ordered to fire them all, and threatened to resign if he had to do so. Gruden needs to be held just as accountable for his staff. Last season the Bucs defense performed poorly and Monte Kiffin made the changes necessary to improve his staff in the areas where it was weak. Gruden has not.

I've been patient, and having a little inside insight helped me to be patient. But now, as a fan, my patience is running out.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 28, 2007, 10:24:05 PM

If he goes, Kiffin should go too.

Time for a fresh start.

#35 : October 28, 2007, 10:25:56 PM

Gruden stays get over it or pick another team to hate.

You do know our team is the Tampa Bay Bucs, not the Tampa Bay Grudens?

actually, according to you and the other haters, it is all Grudens playing the game, coached by a Gruden, QB'd by a Gruden.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 28, 2007, 10:26:43 PM

The only thing Gruden did today that pissed me off was the punt on 4th and 4 from the Jaguars 40 or so with five minutes left in the game. I know it's a common play but I absolutely hate the "play it safe" crap. Gaining four yards, IMO, is much easier than punting, hoping the defense holds, and then starting an entirely new drive and hoping to get back into field goal range with no time outs and three less minutes to work with. And DTG I don't know how you can say the penalties and mistakes had nothing to do with our injuries. Injuries have forced our younger guys into starting roles, such as Stovall, and clearly younger players aren't as comfortable and poised in certain situations as vets would be, which leads to mistakes and penalties.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 28, 2007, 10:28:23 PM

And DTG I don't know how you can say the penalties and mistakes had nothing to do with our injuries. Injuries have forced our younger guys into starting roles, such as Stovall, and clearly younger players aren't as comfortable and poised in certain situations as vets would be, which leads to mistakes and penalties.

How many costly mistakes or penalties did Jacksonville's backup QB make?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 28, 2007, 10:29:35 PM

If he goes, Kiffin should go too.

Time for a fresh start.

Why should Kiffen go?

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#39 : October 28, 2007, 10:31:51 PM

No, sorry. The penalties and many of the mistakes are squarely on the coaches the past two weeks. Not only that, but the offensive coaching staff isn't proving to be able to coach up the players they're coaching. Maybe with better coaching, we'd have better performance.

I like Jon Gruden and I would be satisfied with a 9-7 record. However, to me 8-8 or worse given the circumstances this season is not acceptable.

You have some good posts DTG, but after following them for a while I believe you to be a fake. You have no inside connections to the Bucs.

Regarding hitting 9-7, I think part of what it will take to attain that record is more contributions from the young players like Sears, Joseph, and Trueblood, but aslo Stovall, Clayton,  Alex Smith, Gaines Adams, and Tanard Jackson through the second half of the season.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 28, 2007, 10:31:57 PM

Many. They are just being overlooked because they escaped with a win. I think our D deserves as much blame for this loss as any other unit or person on this team. When it really mattered (when we took the lead) they followed it up with a terrible defensive series and allowed  the go ahead TD for the Jags.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 28, 2007, 10:32:23 PM

Kiffin has shown willingness to make hard decisions and fix his coaching staff when there are deficiencies. He's been stubborn on a few things, most notably not getting Brooks off the field in favor of June often enough for my tastes, but overall I have more confidence in Kiffin and his ability to change or make changes as needed.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 28, 2007, 10:33:23 PM

Hey DTG, what section do you sit in again?   We were in section 235 today.  Isn't that close to you?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 28, 2007, 10:33:46 PM

You have some good posts DTG, but after following them for a while I believe you to be a fake.

Ok, no problem.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#44 : October 28, 2007, 10:35:32 PM

Why should Kiffen go?

Because the new coach should be free to bring in his own people, bring in his own system, and utilize his own defensive philosophy. If that jives with Monte, I guess its cool for him to stick around -- but I want that to be the new coach's decision.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Jon: 9-7 or clean out your desk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools