Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has this team ever... « previous next »
Page: 1

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: October 28, 2007, 10:13:31 PM

won a game after being down by more than a TD in the Gruden era? I can't remember any. It seems that if we go down by more than one score the game is over. Sure the Bucs will fight back and make you think they're going to pull out the comeback win, but it always ends with them ripping your heart out >:(

I don't know what the reason is, but Gruden just does not seem like a coach that deals with adversity well. Whether it's coming back after falling being in a game, or turning things around after a bad start to a season, or overcoming injuries.

Mako482

Practice Squad
#1 : October 28, 2007, 10:18:47 PM

won a game after being down by more than a TD in the Gruden era? I can't remember any. It seems that if we go down by more than one score the game is over. Sure the Bucs will fight back and make you think they're going to pull out the comeback win, but it always ends with them ripping your heart out >:(

I don't know what the reason is, but Gruden just does not seem like a coach that deals with adversity well. Whether it's coming back after falling being in a game, or turning things around after a bad start to a season, or overcoming injuries.

Those were the days our offense sucked, today we came back from 17-3 to lead in the 4th quarter and the defense choked. Our offense with Garcia has the ability to come back, now it's our defense that lost the ability to keep the lead.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 28, 2007, 10:47:07 PM

I think Chris Simms led a comeback against Atlanta and won in the fourth quarter. The Washington game (the first one) with Alstott scoring the two-point conversion, possibly others. Were down by a touchdown in the NFC championship in Philadelphia and managed to do pretty well there. Again, the plays were there today with people open, just the execution of them was off.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : October 28, 2007, 11:01:56 PM

I think Chris Simms led a comeback against Atlanta and won in the fourth quarter. The Washington game (the first one) with Alstott scoring the two-point conversion, possibly others. Were down by a touchdown in the NFC championship in Philadelphia and managed to do pretty well there. Again, the plays were there today with people open, just the execution of them was off.

I said more than a TD, a two score game, not just a one score game. I believe in both the ATL and Washington games we were only down one score.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 28, 2007, 11:24:08 PM

How many times has the team been in that position? And last year doesn't count because that offense wasn't coming back from any deficit.

#5 : October 28, 2007, 11:28:22 PM

And last year doesn't count because that offense wasn't coming back from any deficit.

'Coming back from the grave' would have been more likely.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has this team ever... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools