Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham fits the offense better than Caddy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : October 30, 2007, 10:18:14 PM

Gruden won't hand the ball off enough to Graham because he's not a "Gruden" guy. Graham is definetely built much more for this offense then Caddy. And Graham doesn't get hurt. I'd like to see more of Bennett as well even though he should have caught that pass.

Um? what?

thanson

Starter

#16 : October 31, 2007, 08:51:10 AM

I agree with BUCarino. Just wait till bennet learns the system. I can't wait for day when we need to get the roster down and we have 4 good backs

Caddy
Pitt
Graham
Bennett

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 31, 2007, 10:44:19 AM

I agree with BUCarino. Just wait till bennet learns the system. I can't wait for day when we need to get the roster down and we have 4 good backs

Caddy
Pitt
Graham
Bennett

Bennett
Graham
Darby
Pittman

bucs8ball

Starter

#18 : October 31, 2007, 10:54:50 AM

I posted this on the Insider Board and I'll throw it out here for discussion. I think the loss of Caddy is bigger than most think.

Graham may be playing well, but he's by no means a "home run" threat. Defensive coordinators have to gameplan for number 24. They don't have to game plan Graham. With Caddy out, DC's only worry about Joey Galloway. That's why you've seen teams like Indy & Detroit be successful with their Tampa 2 Zone Coverage in taking Joey out of the game. If you have a healthy Caddy in the backfield, the DC has to mix it up more to make sure #24 doesn't burn them.

With Graham carrying the load now, he's off special teams. He was one of our best special teams performers in the first few weeks of the season.

Caddy may have underperformed in the early part of the season, but I still think DC's playing Tampa had to be worried about him in a way they'll never worry about Graham.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#19 : October 31, 2007, 11:15:17 AM

I posted this on the Insider Board and I'll throw it out here for discussion. I think the loss of Caddy is bigger than most think.

Graham may be playing well, but he's by no means a "home run" threat. Defensive coordinators have to gameplan for number 24. They don't have to game plan Graham. With Caddy out, DC's only worry about Joey Galloway. That's why you've seen teams like Indy & Detroit be successful with their Tampa 2 Zone Coverage in taking Joey out of the game. If you have a healthy Caddy in the backfield, the DC has to mix it up more to make sure #24 doesn't burn them.

With Graham carrying the load now, he's off special teams. He was one of our best special teams performers in the first few weeks of the season.

Caddy may have underperformed in the early part of the season, but I still think DC's playing Tampa had to be worried about him in a way they'll never worry about Graham.

don't know if i'd say caddy is a home run threat. He's had one long run for a td in his career, and that was his first game. And that run happened because the vikings sold out to stop a short yardage conversion to keep themselves in the game. And Caddy isn't a threat at all in the passing game, graham has shown he can be.

bucs8ball

Starter

#20 : October 31, 2007, 11:35:13 AM

don't know if i'd say caddy is a home run threat. He's had one long run for a td in his career, and that was his first game. And that run happened because the vikings sold out to stop a short yardage conversion to keep themselves in the game. And Caddy isn't a threat at all in the passing game, graham has shown he can be.

I'd say he's enough of a home run threat to cause DC's to think twice about the way the play the Bucs. The reason Graham is having success in the passing game is because teams (Colts & Lions) are sitting in the Tampa 2 zone. They're not doing anything special for the run game.

My point is that many people are discounting the severity of Caddy's injury to this team's problems. Graham is filling in admirably, but I don't think Arizona's DC is making plans right now to stop Graham. He's worried about stopping 1 combo... that's #7 to #84. Outside of that, the Bucs offense doesn't have a home run threat.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 31, 2007, 12:35:12 PM

C'mon 8ball, I'm fan of Caddy also but he's shown NOTHING since his first year.  I also disagree about the game planning aspect.  With Caddy in - he's not nearly the pass catching threat as Graham.  I think it's harder game planning someone who had 12 catches for 90 yards and 15 rushes for 90 yards in one game than anything Caddy had brought to the table in last couple of years.  I want Caddy to succeed as much as anyone but now with the injury, the odds are not in his favor.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 31, 2007, 12:47:32 PM

hate is HAWT!!!

Should I be bothered by this statement?

As predicted, we arent missing anything but depth with Carnell out. Good riddance to this overrated guy.

Actually I was referring to Born's hate of Gruden.  It got twisted around and I ran with it...

bucs8ball

Starter

#23 : October 31, 2007, 12:55:37 PM

C'mon 8ball, I'm fan of Caddy also but he's shown NOTHING since his first year. I also disagree about the game planning aspect. With Caddy in - he's not nearly the pass catching threat as Graham. I think it's harder game planning someone who had 12 catches for 90 yards and 15 rushes for 90 yards in one game than anything Caddy had brought to the table in last couple of years. I want Caddy to succeed as much as anyone but now with the injury, the odds are not in his favor.

Why hasn't Caddy shown anything since his first year?  I would say that the Quarterback play had a lot to do with that last year. Teams were stacking 8 or 9 in the box because they knew Grads wasn't going to hit the deep ball.

Look at the way teams have been playing us since Caddy went down this year.  Sit back in the zone and don't let Galloway beat you.  That's why Graham's getting the production out of the passing game. Other teams are not as scared of Graham as they are Caddy. They're going to play him straight up and expect to stop him.  I salute Graham for stepping up and taking what the D is giving him, but what I'm saying is that the Bucs are NOT better off with Graham than with Caddy.

#24 : October 31, 2007, 02:50:10 PM

Is this a joke? Carnell a home run threat?

When he's in the game, DC's surely don't have to worry about him as a receiver outta the backfield. He brings NUTHIN to the field that we can't get from Graham. He's not fast, can't catch, and isn't a full time player. Good riddance to him.

Graham is filling in admirably, but I don't think Arizona's DC is making plans right now to stop Graham. He's worried about stopping 1 combo... that's #7 to #84. Outside of that, the Bucs offense doesn't have a home run threat.

Thats the case whether Carnell is on the field or not.

skip

Starter

#25 : October 31, 2007, 04:24:02 PM

I will take Graham over the over rated Caddy, he is a better all around back.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 31, 2007, 04:30:26 PM

Caddy
Darby
Bennett
Graham

I love Pittman but it's either Mr. August or Pittman, who is getting older and Graham is younger and can play special teams, fullback, block, run and catch.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 31, 2007, 04:41:18 PM

Why in the world do you have Darby over Pittman?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 31, 2007, 04:45:22 PM

He's worried about stopping 1 combo... that's #7 to #84. Outside of that, the Bucs offense doesn't have a home run threat.

Bennett may be the other HR threat,

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 31, 2007, 05:36:32 PM

Why in the world do you have Darby over Pittman?

Because Darby can run between the tackles, turn the corner, catch the ball and run block and he's very young and can match Caddy as a feature back.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham fits the offense better than Caddy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools