Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham fits the offense better than Caddy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 05, 2007, 11:48:18 AM

Gruden won't hand the ball off enough to Graham because he's not a "Gruden" guy.

Well, BornaBuc is right.  Just his reason is wrong.
Gruden did not hand the ball off to Graham one single time.  But Garcia did 34 times.

Good point, maybe it was Garcia who decided to run Graham. It surely isn't a norm with Gruden so something had to change. I knew I liked Garcia.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 05, 2007, 11:58:55 AM

Gruden Guy(Caddy, Pittman)=A guy that Gruden sticks with no matter what until he is forced to play somebody else because of injury or because he has no other choice(see Michael Clayton, MIke Alstott, Thomas Jones). In this case, after last week's 3 int performance with 41 throws and a loss Gruden had no choice if he wanted to win but to revert to running the football with Graham. He'll be back to trying to throw again before long and will forget all about our success running the football with Graham. 14 carries vs Jacksonville. We'll see what he decides to do after the bye when Pittman comes back. To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Gruden decided to change his normal gameplan of run on 1st, pass every other down this week. I was shocked to see us run the 1st two plays of the game. Pleasantly surprised more like it.

Are you really dense enough not to understand why any team might not run the ball nearly as much vs. the Jags as they do the Cardinals?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 05, 2007, 12:06:06 PM

If Caddy were to come back next year being the same talent he was the previous 3, he would clearly be the back up to Graham draft position, or not. 

Disagree?  Picture the crowd after the first swing pass hitting Caddy in the hands and falling to the turf, while the E Team that Fox picks for our games mentions "Graham caught a career high 13 passes last year in one game, nearly what Caddy does for a whole season." 

acacius

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 05, 2007, 12:08:53 PM

Gruden won't hand the ball off enough to Graham because he's not a "Gruden" guy.

Well, BornaBuc is right. Just his reason is wrong.
Gruden did not hand the ball off to Graham one single time. But Garcia did 34 times.

Good point, maybe it was Garcia who decided to run Graham. It surely isn't a norm with Gruden so something had to change. I knew I liked Garcia.

I think your tin-foil hat is on a bit tight.  It seems to be blocking the flow of blood to your brain.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 05, 2007, 12:55:13 PM

Gruden Guy(Caddy, Pittman)=A guy that Gruden sticks with no matter what until he is forced to play somebody else because of injury or because he has no other choice(see Michael Clayton, MIke Alstott, Thomas Jones). In this case, after last week's 3 int performance with 41 throws and a loss Gruden had no choice if he wanted to win but to revert to running the football with Graham. He'll be back to trying to throw again before long and will forget all about our success running the football with Graham. 14 carries vs Jacksonville. We'll see what he decides to do after the bye when Pittman comes back. To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Gruden decided to change his normal gameplan of run on 1st, pass every other down this week. I was shocked to see us run the 1st two plays of the game. Pleasantly surprised more like it.

Are you really dense enough not to understand why any team might not run the ball nearly as much vs. the Jags as they do the Cardinals?

Rushing Defense(ypg):
Jaguars-16th(107.8)
Cardinals-17th(115.1 ypg)

No, I don't understand why considering we rushed for 6.5 yards per carry against the Jacksonville defense. Graham had 4.5 ypc. Even if you did game plan to run less considering you might be worried about your ability to run against them, during the game when you are having success you have to make adjustments. Detroit actually has a much better rush defense than both the Jags and Cards. When you say that Graham had 32 "touches" against the Lions with 19 rushing attempts and 13 passes where Garcia decided to check down it isn't saying that he had 32 rushes. 34 this week was a pleasant surprise to me like I said.

Buccaneers-15th(113.2)

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 05, 2007, 12:58:36 PM

When Pittman and Cadillac are healthy, I hope they move Graham to CB.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 05, 2007, 01:00:32 PM

If you'd said fullback, you might have had something vaguely resembling a reasonable zinger.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 05, 2007, 01:58:18 PM

I like it, DTG.  Good idea.  Very Creative.

#53 : November 05, 2007, 07:42:34 PM

If we ever get a great O-line or develop into one, then I would take Caddy because I can't see Graham breaking a long run, he is too slow and most LB's can catch him from behind, once Caddy gets a step he is harder to catch, and is much quicker, Graham runs more like a FB and its good to wear out a defense, but he won't be breaking any long runs without a complete breakdown in defense.

Other than the long run in the first game of his HOF debut(when Minny had their entire defense on the line of scrimmage), what long run has Carnell had? Where does this notion come from that he has speed because I sure as hell haven't seen it?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 05, 2007, 02:22:30 PM

I like it, DTG.  Good idea.  Very Creative.

Garcia is getting some reps at DT.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#55 : November 05, 2007, 02:34:16 PM

How about we change this to an argument that matters.

When Pittman comes back, who is the starter and why?

Go!

#56 : November 05, 2007, 02:41:41 PM

Go

Graham until he proves he can't handle the load.  Trade Carnell to the highest bidder.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#57 : November 05, 2007, 02:42:45 PM

If we ever get a great O-line or develop into one, then I would take Caddy because I can't see Graham breaking a long run, he is too slow and most LB's can catch him from behind, once Caddy gets a step he is harder to catch, and is much quicker, Graham runs more like a FB and its good to wear out a defense, but he won't be breaking any long runs without a complete breakdown in defense.

bucs8ball

Starter

#58 : November 05, 2007, 04:05:13 PM

Go!

I'm not sure which will get the "official" start, but you'll see a mix of both guys.  Gruden likes to do things with Pittman on the field that he can't do with Graham like shifting out wide, wheel routes, etc. Notice you don't see Graham moving out wide as much as you saw Pittman do it and the only wheel route we've seen since the injuries was Bennett's drop.

I like what Graham's doing, but I still think a more dynamic runner in the backfield will open up things more downfiled for #84.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 05, 2007, 04:20:16 PM

Go!

I'm not sure which will get the "official" start, but you'll see a mix of both guys.

I really hope that's the case as well.  In addition to your point, 30+ carries in a game by a single back is simply not sustainable.  But at the same time, I definitely want to see more games where the team is pounding the proverbial rock like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham fits the offense better than Caddy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools