Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: fundamentals « previous next »
Page: 1

: November 15, 2006, 08:38:52 AM

In watching the games this season it seems to me the fundamentals are not being practiced enough.

Agreed.  I think that both on offense and defense we are not doing the simple stuff that allows greatness.

bucshot420

Starter

#1 : November 14, 2006, 11:46:08 PM

Let me first say I have been a Bucs fan since the early 80s and I have seen some terrible ball played.  In watching the games this season it seems to me the fundamentals are not being practiced enough.  Sound blocking,wrapping up the ball carrier,running precise routes.  I am a gruden supporter but it seems to me instead of running 60 plays in the walkthrough and then going into practicing the other 80 plays they should maybe bring that number down to about 100 plays run and spend more time letting the position coaches coach their players.  Maybe then we would see less missed tackles,less lunging at other teams players hoping to take them down and more putting their helmets between the other players numbers keeping their heads up,wrapping up and exploding through their target.  it just seems to me a big part of the mistakes being made this year are from lack of concentration or slowly getting away from the basic things that make a team successful and thats everybody doing their assignments to the best of their abillity.  I miss the days when we had 60+ games with a sack and a turnover that is what this defense used to hang its hat on and that has been lost and needs to be rediscovered.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 14, 2006, 11:49:41 PM

In watching the games this season it seems to me the fundamentals are not being practiced enough.

You hit the nail on the head.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 15, 2006, 12:22:17 AM

Watching guys miss tackles, and wiff on angles pisses me off.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: fundamentals « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools