Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Dewayne White/Simeon Rice Stat-O-Meter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#15 : November 02, 2007, 10:56:19 AM

lol bornabuc at it again. your embarrasin yourself man. STOP HATIN!

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 02, 2007, 11:06:57 AM

I think I will have steak for dinner tonight.   Or maybe chicken man I am so confused fight now!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 02, 2007, 11:17:11 AM

My point being we didn't need to spend the 4th overall pick in the draft on Adams. We've got a lot of holes and the 4th pick could have been used for a bigger need or we could have tried to trade out for more picks. Knowing that the 4th overall pick is going to cost you a certain amount you have to go into it thinking about what position that much money needs to go towards. QB, RB, WR come to mind.

Bucarino said Rice's contract was $11 million a year so I was refuting that. He also said that is why we are $19 million ahead on the cap which is BS. Again, just bringing up the facts. I really do hope that Adams does start playing up to his draft status. You and others like to complain about Rice not being healthy half the year and lol about not keeping him because he wanted too much money yet you're ok paying Adams more to play only on 3rd downs??? Now Rice is healthy and WILL, not might like Adams, start producing big numbers again. White has been playing well all season. He had his best game against us but has produced 2.5 additional sacks, 2 FFs, and an interception in the other games. That's not average to me. He took over two games this year for them.

In the cover 2 scheme the DE isn't supposed to be a run stuffer. They are passrush and contain the outside rush. The DT and LBs /DBs are supposed to stop the run. Oddly enough though White's got 30 total tackles.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 02, 2007, 11:19:12 AM

Who cares!!!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 02, 2007, 11:21:55 AM

We could have picked another player and they could also have not started out strong.  This point is bad and doesn't hold any weight.  I am also sure that the FO looked at trading down, up, and staying put.  They decided their best option was to stay at 4 and draft Adams.  As the stats show form the PR article trading down and getting a different DE wouldn't have resulted in any more production and their ability is probably more limited then Adams. 

ilovebeer

Starter

#20 : November 02, 2007, 11:27:08 AM

Congrats Bornabuc you have 20/20 hindsight like everyone else.

biggbucbrew

Practice Squad

#21 : November 02, 2007, 11:27:27 AM

My point being we didn't need to spend the 4th overall pick in the draft on Adams. We've got a lot of holes and the 4th pick could have been used for a bigger need or we could have tried to trade out for more picks. Knowing that the 4th overall pick is going to cost you a certain amount you have to go into it thinking about what position that much money needs to go towards. QB, RB, WR come to mind.

Bucarino said Rice's contract was $11 million a year so I was refuting that. He also said that is why we are $19 million ahead on the cap which is BS. Again, just bringing up the facts. I really do hope that Adams does start playing up to his draft status. You and others like to complain about Rice not being healthy half the year and lol about not keeping him because he wanted too much money yet you're ok paying Adams more to play only on 3rd downs??? Now Rice is healthy and WILL, not might like Adams, start producing big numbers again. White has been playing well all season. He had his best game against us but has produced 2.5 additional sacks, 2 FFs, and an interception in the other games. That's not average to me. He took over two games this year for them.

In the cover 2 scheme the DE isn't supposed to be a run stuffer. They are passrush and contain the outside rush. The DT and LBs /DBs are supposed to stop the run. Oddly enough though White's got 30 total tackles.

Take a RB, are you kidding me. RB was not a position of need during the draft. Caddy is a good back, until he got hurt. What WR was available that you would want to take with the 4th pick overall? None. We took the 1st and best rated defensive player in the draft. Adams upside is a lot higher than Dewayne Whites, White has already maxed out, not too impressive. I would say average. Adams potential is through the roof, but if you like mediocre thats cool.

LOL White has 30 tackles LOL .....Gaines has 21 moron, and he only plays 30% of the time. This kid is gonna be great. Not too many rookies start in Monte's D, but I'm sure you probably don't know that. I'll take Gaines any day, a year from now White won't even be able to carry his jock. Mark my word.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#22 : November 02, 2007, 11:30:47 AM

Take a RB, are you kidding me. RB was not a position of need during the draft. Caddy is a good back, until he got hurt. What WR was available that you would want to take with the 4th pick overall? None. We took the 1st and best rated defensive player in the draft. Adams upside is a lot higher than Dewayne Whites, White has already maxed out, not too impressive. I would say average. Adams potential is through the roof, but if you like mediocre thats cool.

LOL White has 30 tackles LOL .....Gaines has 21 moron, and he only plays 30% of the time. This kid is gonna be great. Not too many rookies start in Monte's D, but I'm sure you probably don't know that. I'll take Gaines any day, a year from now White won't even be able to carry his jock. Mark my word.

BornaBuc just finds things to complain about. hes just a moron dont worry about him.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 02, 2007, 11:40:07 AM

We'll see. So far Adams hasn't been able to beat out some undrafted players so I'm glad your future sight is working cause all the experts seem to be saying that Gaines doesn't have what it takes to make it in the pro's. Not enough size, little to no moves, getting pushed around and pancaked, etc...are what we hear from people watching the practices and who get paid to study the game. Personally I hope Adams gets it together, like I have said many times. I just don't understand why you get rid of two excellent DEs when what you have is below average. Rice played his butt off for 4 years and produced but got injured. He was rehabbing. I think it's a bad business move and sends a very poor message to your other vet players when you ask that guy to take a paycut. During the 5 years while playing here he led the league in sacks. There's no reason to ask him to take a paycut. If anything you give the guy his money and tell him thanks, keep rehabbing and we'll get you in there when you heal up. There is absolutely no pressure on the QB from our front 4 and that doesn't appear to change down the stretch. This stat-o-meter is just a reminder of why our front office isn't doing a good job.

For dbucfan-

His 56.5 sacks from 2002-05 were the most in the NFL during that stretch.

Allen said Rice is confident the injury will heal and he will be able to play for another team this season.

"I don't think there's any doubt he'll get better in time," Allen said. "I don't think the last chapter of Simeon Rice's NFL career has been written."

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 02, 2007, 11:42:01 AM

BornaBuc just finds things to complain about. hes just a moron dont worry about him.

I like to call it motivating ;D

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 02, 2007, 11:46:23 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bucs/2007-07-26-bucs-release-rice_N.htm

Simeon rice, the leagues premier sack artist over the last five years gets a 5 year $41 million contract in 2003 after leading the Buccaneers to the Super Bowl. Gaines Adams, the 4th overall pick with no professional sacks, get a 6 year $48 million contract. Idiots on PewterReport.com call Bruce Allen a genius and cap guru while ignoring the facts. Cutting Simeon Rice still cost us a ton against the cap this year.

Contracts:

Simeon Rice-Would have been last year of 5 year $41 Million contract set to pay him $7.25 Million.
Gaines Adams-6 year $48 Million contract with 18.56 Million guaranteed..
Dewayne White-5 year $29 Million contract with Detroit with $13 Million guaranteed.

BornaBuc - You don't know what you are talking about regarding Rice, so I'm not sure who the idiot is. The Bucs took a cap hit of approximately $3.2 million and freed up $7.2 million (his base salary) by releasing Rice. His cap value was supposed to be just over $10.4 million in 2007.

How is saving $7.2 million out of $10.4 million and spending only $3.2 million "a ton against the cap?" The Bucs saved $7.2 million any way you cut it and released an aging veteran that hasn't done squat with a bum shoulder this year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 02, 2007, 11:59:01 AM

Since this thread is about events and an article from July, shouldn't the title have Breaking News?

In other equally relevant news, the FO should not have let QB Doug Williams go.  Fire Culverhouse!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 02, 2007, 12:09:41 PM

BornaBuc - You don't know what you are talking about regarding Rice, so I'm not sure who the idiot is. The Bucs took a cap hit of approximately $3.2 million and freed up $7.2 million (his base salary) by releasing Rice. His cap value was supposed to be just over $10.4 million in 2007.

How is saving $7.2 million out of $10.4 million and spending only $3.2 million "a ton against the cap?" The Bucs saved $7.2 million any way you cut it and released an aging veteran that hasn't done squat with a bum shoulder this year.

There's no use bringing facts to the table with her. She argues without a foundation, just hallow spits of milarkey.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 02, 2007, 12:18:32 PM

How is there no reason to ask him to take a pay cut?  They paid him his money for many seasons while he was playing at a high level even though the team could have used some cap help.  While his cap number stayed the same, great players like Brooks, Quarles, and many others were taking PAYCUTS to help this team and stay on board.  When Rice wasn't going to be able to play the entire season and may never be the same they asked him to take a pay cut, which was still more then he is getting now, to stay with the team.  Heis monster ego got in the way and he was released.  

I really wan't to know what experts are talking about Adams that way?  Buenning, the Trib, and th Times?  There are some experts to listen to.  

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 02, 2007, 12:28:56 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bucs/2007-07-26-bucs-release-rice_N.htm

Simeon rice, the leagues premier sack artist over the last five years gets a 5 year $41 million contract in 2003 after leading the Buccaneers to the Super Bowl. Gaines Adams, the 4th overall pick with no professional sacks, get a 6 year $48 million contract. Idiots on PewterReport.com call Bruce Allen a genius and cap guru while ignoring the facts. Cutting Simeon Rice still cost us a ton against the cap this year.

Contracts:

Simeon Rice-Would have been last year of 5 year $41 Million contract set to pay him $7.25 Million.
Gaines Adams-6 year $48 Million contract with 18.56 Million guaranteed..
Dewayne White-5 year $29 Million contract with Detroit with $13 Million guaranteed.

My bad. I wasn't aware though that they saved $7.2, I thought a portion of that was added as well to the cap this year. By the way, my "idiots on PewterReport" comment wasn't meant towards you or the others who run the site. It was meant towards some of the Grudeneers on here.

I'm glad to see that Allen is able to save the Glazers money while still putting a 4-12/4-4 team on the field. We all know that the money saved from this year's cap will be forwarded to next year as well like cell phone minutes. Your cell phone plan does that right? I'm sure they're very happy at the current DLs production and are chomping at the bit to give Allen and Gruden more money for saving them money and bringing in below league average players to replace the leading sack artist who could have broken the Buccaneers all time record held by our only Hall of Famer and our best up and coming sack artist who is now playing for our former position coach, who by the way plays for a team that not only beat us, but also has a better record and might take the playoff spot that we are looking for. PS-How many of those players that were brought in are injured? But all the Grudeneers are right and I'm wrong, because if Gruden/Allen and their history of great personnel moves and draft picks made the decision then by golly it must have been the right move. Can you give us any insight on why we didn't bring back Dewayne White? Was it just a money issue or was their some problem with his play?

Rice On The Mend
Tampa Bay defensive end Simeon Rice has not been on the practice field for the team�s OTAs this week, but he is busy rehabilitating the shoulder injury that ended his 2006 season prematurely and required surgery.

�Simeon is working in the meeting rooms right now while he continues his rehab,� said Gruden. �He�s looking good. He�s light on his feet and he�s running with the training staff. We�re hoping to have him back in the next wave of OTAs.�

Rice, 33, was placed on injured reserve in late November after recording just two sacks and struggling to play through a shoulder ailment.

The three-time Pro Bowler has notched 121 career sacks, 69.5 of which have come since he joined the Buccaneers in 2001.

Rice is the highest-paid player on Tampa Bay�s roster, and he�s scheduled to have a $10.450 million cap value in 2007. He also needs just nine sacks to break Hall of Famer Lee Roy�s Selmon�s franchise sack record of 78.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Dewayne White/Simeon Rice Stat-O-Meter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools