Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From 620...Bucs are showing "interest" in BMW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 02, 2007, 03:46:52 AM

Give him a shot after the season is over at vet minimum. If he helps, great. If he doesn't, no big loss.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 02, 2007, 01:11:20 AM

Thing is, we can generally assume that BMW is not that good.  Hell, he probably sucks out loud.

Do you want to pay a guy ANYTHING, even if it is peanuts, to just stand around and pick lint? 

I think BMW is a BUST of the highest order.  He wanted his money, got a large chunk of it, and had/has no drive to become a better football player.  I mean, his weight, his reported laziness and aloofness...I would just assume pass, and let guys like Gessner, who actually work at their craft, come in and get bothered by a poor practice, or outing.  BMW drops a critical pass in an NFL game, and probably just shrugs as he enters his Mercedes.  That he does not deserve.

But what could it hurt?

But then again, why bother?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#2 : November 02, 2007, 01:05:27 AM

The issue is any rational person WOULD agree to at least give him a look...Hometown aside...he was a top pick in the draft. Anyone who was drafted that high who gets released gets the third/forth/fith chances...look at Tim Couch

However what people here are so anti change...they dont see the ZERO risk potential high reward out of it

Guys, if he doesnt make it I will be the first to say get rid of this bum....but I would at least like to see what he has got

He could maybe not suck with us if he gets coached up, kicks every bad habit that got him to this miserable failure, changes his attitude that teams have complained about, etc etc. But WHY? Whats the reasoning? Teams wasted time on Tim Couch so we should give Mike Williams another shot? It seems like people are now just saying "why not?" even though his performance should answer that adequately. Why not sign someone like Jai Lewis? Sure, he hadn't played football since HS, but the Giants gave him a try-out. He's got athleticism. If he sucks, we can just cut him for no sizable loss? After all, our FO's motto is "why not?"

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#3 : November 02, 2007, 12:54:33 AM

Chris Hovan was a bust as a 1st round pick, but found a niche with us.  Some never never live up to their potential or find a role that will make them stick.

You make Hovan sound like a bum with Minny who played better under Monte. He played a lot better in his early years than he's playing now. He was a pretty good pass rusher then. Not to mention why compare a guy who had a productive couple of years in the NFL with someone who NEVER played good. Even Charles Rogers had 2 TDs in his NFL debut. BMW has never showed anything...at all. A great game, a string of good games. He's shown nothing, zip, nada.

I am not a person who advocates we pick-up every player cut by another team, but the thought of giving BMW a shot seems smart as long as we don't have much risk.

If BMW, why NOT give every other FA a chance? What has BMW done to distance himself from anyone else out of the street? Play great in college? So did a lot of guys.

Also, a hearty laugh in the direction of anyone who says he "just needs a fire under his butt/change of scenery". Ha! And Ryan Leaf is a stud who just needs to get his head screwed on straight. And if Mike Mamula can just be as good as he looks in his workouts....Maurice Clarett when he isn't with the wrong crowd would be a stud.

I guess I'll just have to continue in disbelief that this fanbase goes so crazy over guys who play awful for years (Clayton, Yatta) then want to be the first team in line to give a shot to someone else's problem child. When a team gives a shot to one of our sorry cast offs, people here laugh their butts off. But what do you think others are doing when we're clamoring Mike freakin' Williams? A little logic never hurt anybody.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 02, 2007, 12:20:57 AM

Someone asks how he makes the team worse.  That's easy, he takes the spot of someone who actually plays hard, probably on ST, for which the team suffers.  Someone says he's better than Becht.  Disagree, IMO Becht does his job better than MW does his.
The man needs to get his priorities together.  I have no problem bringin' him in during offseason, but now is not he time to try to revive an overweight, lazy, prima dona's career.  The season would be over by the time he got thru the firtst page of the playbook.

#5 : November 01, 2007, 10:25:48 AM

It looks like he may come in for a tryout.

I think I heard Ian say yesterday he had his phone #...wonder if he gave him a call

ESPN has him listed

6'5 229 lbs

Comparable stats to Mike Clayton this year

Williams has 7 receptions for 90 yards

Clayton has 6 receptions for 109 yards

simmstheanswer

Starter

#6 : November 01, 2007, 10:35:30 AM

i would love this move. give the guy a shot, hell he wanted to come to tampa in the first place. maybe he just got disenfranchised that we didn't draft him. we all know he has ridiculous skills, just need a kick in the pants...

tonilynn

Starter

#7 : November 01, 2007, 10:38:20 AM

Risk/Reward is huge small contract if he steps up we have a great player on our hands if he does not then we cut him at the end of the year with our cap he would cost pennies and maybe he is a diamond that we need to polish off. I mean come on we just put Spurlock on the team.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 01, 2007, 10:43:31 AM

It looks like he may come in for a tryout.

I think I heard Ian say yesterday he had his phone #...wonder if he gave him a call

ESPN has him listed

6'5 229 lbs

Comparable stats to Mike Clayton this year

Williams has 7 receptions for 90 yards

Clayton has 6 receptions for 109 yards
Wow. That doesn't reflect on Clayton very well.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 01, 2007, 10:50:39 AM

i don't foresee that working out.  and that tells me they are desparate as well.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 01, 2007, 10:54:10 AM

No kidding they're desperate. Galloway is the only legitimate WR on this team and he can only catch the deep ball. The rest of em are too inconsistent to win the #2 job. This team's wr depth SCREAMS desperate.

Bring him in. He cant do ANY worse than the rest of em.

shutdabucup

Second String

#11 : November 01, 2007, 11:00:08 AM

Galloway is the only legitimate WR on this team and he can only catch the deep ball.

Strange, I remember seeing him catch a few quick passes over the middle.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#12 : November 01, 2007, 11:01:00 AM

No kidding they're desperate. Galloway is the only legitimate WR on this team and he can only catch the deep ball. The rest of em are too inconsistent to win the #2 job. This team's wr depth SCREAMS desperate.

Bring him in. He cant do ANY worse than the rest of em.

Well Hilliard isnt doing so bad. To be honest he is the most consistent of our WRs. However we have nothing after that. Jon Grudens Offense needs 3 people who can ball. If Stovall doesnt step up then maybe we should bring in BMW for a small price to see what he can do.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 01, 2007, 11:05:21 AM

Sign him to the minimum, let him learn the playbook this season, get him in shape in the off season and see what he has in training camp.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 01, 2007, 11:05:33 AM

He is a WR who once upon a time was a superstar in college who is less than 35 years old.  What is the downside to bringing him in?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From 620...Bucs are showing "interest" in BMW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools