Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From 620...Bucs are showing "interest" in BMW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 01, 2007, 11:08:44 AM

Mike Williams is fat , lazy, loser.  You people are idiots.  You pick up players to get BETTER, not WORSE.

#16 : November 01, 2007, 11:12:15 AM

Now I am not gonna be INSAINE and say start him next to Galloway and Ike right after the bye....HOWEVER in terms of depth and a guy we can bring in cheap I wouldnt mind having him be a part of a "specialized" goal line team with Alex Smith/Clayton/Stovall/BMW to give Garcia a set of all big targets with "decent" hands to throw to. Also it would put all of our best run blockers on the field to block for a run in goal line as well

gharen

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 01, 2007, 11:13:36 AM

Just what we need! Another bis, slow WR, who can't catch. I knew he'd be cut when he dropped that perfect pass on 4th down the other day against the Titans.

#18 : November 01, 2007, 11:14:51 AM

i would love this move. give the guy a shot, hell he wanted to come to tampa in the first place. maybe he just got disenfranchised that we didn't draft him. we all know he has ridiculous skills, just need a kick in the pants...

"DISENFRANCHISED"?

Mike Williams is fat , lazy, loser.  You people are idiots.  You pick up players to get BETTER, not WORSE.

Seeing the guy get cut by his college coach tell me all I need to know.

#19 : November 01, 2007, 11:16:26 AM

Mike Williams is fat , lazy, loser.  You people are idiots.  You pick up players to get BETTER, not WORSE.

Phillip Buchannon was a soft, bad attitude, lazy bum too according to most people here as well

we gave him a short leash and he produced

If he doesnt make us "better" I am all for canning him but to just pass on the guy would do us a disservice....his upside warrents it. Trust me Gruden's patience is not very forgiving with people who dont give effort

However if the guy gets his head straight "at home" the kid could be CLUTCH

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 01, 2007, 11:16:35 AM

BMW has not shown the ability to catch.  AS a matter of fact, he was probably cut because of his drop versus the Raiders being the final straw.

Doesn't matter to me if the Bucs bring him in or not, because you won't feel his presence.  The same thing could have been said about Zack Crocket.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 01, 2007, 12:12:34 PM

Meh.

#22 : November 01, 2007, 01:09:55 PM

From ESPN Fantasy News Wire

The Buccaneers might be considering bringing in Williams for a workout, the St. Petersburg Times reports.

Spin: The Raiders released Williams, a Tampa native, on Tuesday. The Bucs were very interested in drafting Williams in 2005 before Detroit selected him. With Michael Clayton (ankle) out and an open spot on the Bucs' roster after Wednesday's roster moves, Williams might get an immediate opportunity. According to the report, Bucs head coach Jon Gruden wouldn't comment Wednesday on the possibility of trying out Williams, but said that while things haven't "worked out for (Williams) ... if he keeps working, he'll get another chance."

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 01, 2007, 01:13:54 PM

The Bucs were very interested in drafting Williams in 2005 before Detroit selected him.

Huh?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 01, 2007, 01:25:47 PM

Spurlock is not on the roster as a WR but as a KR/PR.

Williams will lend nothing of value. He couldn't make it with Martz who has a very friendly WR system. He couldn't make it with Kiffin who was with him at USC.

What in the world makes anyone think he could make it here.

Might I also ask who would we cut to make room?

I just don't see us as that desperate at WR right now.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 01, 2007, 01:25:54 PM

BMW vs. Chad Lucas?  BMW vs. Michael Spurlock?  BMW vs. Chas Gessner?  I am not saying BMW is the second coming or going to be CJ, but it doesn't hurt to see for yourself.  

Look at these two examples.  I believe PBUC could not tackle and was just cut from the sorry Texans, but has played well in a major role for the Bucs.  Chris Hovan was a bust as a 1st round pick, but found a niche with us.  Some never never live up to their potential or find a role that will make them stick.  

I am not a person who advocates we pick-up every player cut by another team, but the thought of giving BMW a shot seems smart as long as we don't have much risk.  Don't call everyone idiots that have an opinion that may differ from yours.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 01, 2007, 01:29:15 PM

Probably worth a look. If he was born in Utah nobody would be mentioning him.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

noopy2237

Starter
#27 : November 01, 2007, 01:33:11 PM

I think the kid needs a lot of growing up to do and that is only based off of what I have read; however, besides the cost of a plane ticket to come to Tampa, why not give the kid a chance to prove himself. If he fails, tell him thanks for coming in and good luck with your career.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 01, 2007, 01:44:23 PM

Both Hovan and Buchanon had already proven a TON more in the NFL than Mike Williams. They're not very good comparisons. MW has a lot more in common with Ryan Sims than Hovan or P-Buc.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 01, 2007, 01:54:18 PM

... MW has a lot more in common with Ryan Sims.

Like their love of AYCE buffets.  ;)

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From 620...Bucs are showing "interest" in BMW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools