Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From 620...Bucs are showing "interest" in BMW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Buc31

Starter

#30 : November 01, 2007, 02:03:48 PM

Both Hovan and Buchanon had already proven a TON more in the NFL than Mike Williams. They're not very good comparisons. MW has a lot more in common with Ryan Sims than Hovan or P-Buc.

Exactly, I don't know why people keep talking bout us bringing guys who were already proven NFL players! This guy is a joke, he got cut by his own college coach???

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#31 : November 01, 2007, 02:16:40 PM

Both Hovan and Buchanon had already proven a TON more in the NFL than Mike Williams. They're not very good comparisons. MW has a lot more in common with Ryan Sims than Hovan or P-Buc.

Exactly, I don't know why people keep talking bout us bringing guys who were already proven NFL players! This guy is a joke, he got cut by his own college coach???

They were not proven when the Bucs brought them in.  Especially, in PBuc's case.  He was cast-off from his second team in as many years.  Doesn't matter about the comparision, what matters is they give him a no risk shot.  If he finds a role then great if not oh well.  It is amazing that nobody had the same reaction to Gessner coming back.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 01, 2007, 02:22:16 PM

Mike Williams is fat , lazy, loser.  You people are idiots.  You pick up players to get BETTER, not WORSE.

How would Mike Williams make this team worse?

#33 : November 01, 2007, 02:23:35 PM

I was one of the biggest Mike Williams haters out there ever since he was at USC. I just knew he was never that dominating high school player, and something had to be wrong for him to go off like he did at USC. Turns out it helped having a heisman QB, RB and a 5 WR college system that takes advantage of superior athleticism. That being said, Im all for bringing him in right now.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 01, 2007, 02:45:13 PM

If and it's a big if, BMW get's up to speed come next year, he could be like Keyshawn Johnson, a big, solid receiver to go over the middle and make the tough play. Unfortunately, he has a long way to go.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 01, 2007, 02:47:22 PM

No kidding they're desperate. Galloway is the only legitimate WR on this team and he can only catch the deep ball. The rest of em are too inconsistent to win the #2 job. This team's wr depth SCREAMS desperate.

Bring him in. He cant do ANY worse than the rest of em.

Wow, for once we agree. We should have done something this offseason.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 01, 2007, 02:48:40 PM

Mike Williams is fat , lazy, loser.

True.

How would Mike Williams make this team worse?

He is an upgrade over Becht. :D

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#37 : November 01, 2007, 03:27:12 PM

No kidding they're desperate. Galloway is the only legitimate WR on this team and he can only catch the deep ball. The rest of em are too inconsistent to win the #2 job. This team's wr depth SCREAMS desperate.

Bring him in. He cant do ANY worse than the rest of em.

We need to start up an Ike Hilliard awareness thread. Too many people just dont realize how great a season hes having. He's on pace for 80+ for 1000.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 01, 2007, 03:33:05 PM

If and it's a big if, BMW get's up to speed come next year, he could be like Keyshawn Johnson, a big, solid receiver to go over the middle and make the tough play. Unfortunately, he has a long way to go.
The team already has two poor man's Keyshawns in Clayton and Stovall.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 01, 2007, 04:14:50 PM

Unfortunately, I think you are right Feel Real Good.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Hit-55

Starter

#40 : November 01, 2007, 04:17:03 PM

If we can get him for nearly nothing then I think it could be a good pickup. Sooner or later it has to hit him he is running out of chances. What he did at USC was not luck, he has the skill. I say bring him in and let him learn the playbook and lets see if what he can do. I wouldn't mind seeing him moved to TE either but if you can get him cheap then the risk is worth the reward.

Fire the cannons!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 01, 2007, 04:20:53 PM

Bring him in for vet minimum. If he works out (which I dout), fine. Otherwise, no big deal.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#42 : November 01, 2007, 05:50:07 PM

Stovall is no poor man's Keyshawn Johnson. He's got a lot of ability and could end up being just as good as key down the line.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 01, 2007, 07:00:23 PM

Stovall is no poor man's Keyshawn Johnson. He's got a lot of ability and could end up being just as good as key down the line.

I'll have to disagree.

#44 : November 01, 2007, 07:03:00 PM

WHAT ??  :o :o :o :o
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From 620...Bucs are showing "interest" in BMW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools