Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From 620...Bucs are showing "interest" in BMW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 01, 2007, 07:05:09 PM

I like Stovall a lot but I can only dream if he can put up numbers that Key has in his career.

We need to start up an Ike Hilliard awareness thread. Too many people just dont realize how great a season hes having. He's on pace for 80+ for 1000.

Ike for prez. 8)

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 01, 2007, 07:07:19 PM

i would love this move. give the guy a shot, hell he wanted to come to tampa in the first place. maybe he just got disenfranchised that we didn't draft him. we all know he has ridiculous skills, just need a kick in the pants...
No, just no. He doesn't take Football serious, his profession. I mean I don't want those type a guys around here that don't love the game.. He SUCKS, he can't catch for sh!t and cost Oakland a W last week.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#47 : November 01, 2007, 09:58:07 PM

You guys think what you want about Stovall but I have laid out my opinion of him. Keyshawn was the 1st pick in the draft and I think Stovall can be just that good in the NFL. He wasn't the 1st pick in the draft but that doesn't mean he can't live up to Keyshawn's potential. I think he has the talent to do it, but various issues have held him back.

He is sort of a big if. I think he can be either great or a good #2 WR. It all depends on him.

#48 : November 01, 2007, 10:09:38 PM

Bring him in for vet minimum. If he works out (which I dout), fine. Otherwise, no big deal.

The issue is any rational person WOULD agree to at least give him a look...Hometown aside...he was a top pick in the draft. Anyone who was drafted that high who gets released gets the third/forth/fith chances...look at Tim Couch

However what people here are so anti change...they dont see the ZERO risk potential high reward out of it

Guys, if he doesnt make it I will be the first to say get rid of this bum....but I would at least like to see what he has got

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#49 : November 02, 2007, 08:48:42 AM

We are incredibly thin at WR.  He may be a system player in search of a system in which to thrive

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#50 : November 02, 2007, 12:39:12 PM

Stovall is no poor man's Keyshawn Johnson. He's got a lot of ability and could end up being just as good as key down the line.

And Grads could end up being just as good as Brady down the line. Very doubtful, but it could happen.

Â     

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 03, 2007, 02:52:22 AM

Makes a big difference him being local......we could switch him to TE  if he can block..we already have enough slow WRS...AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 03, 2007, 09:46:17 AM

4Bucs,

Hate to disagree IF you are talking about bringing him in now. Don't believe we have the time to reconstruct his career in the last half of the season.  Believe we need to spend that time getting those who want to play, better.

Now if you are talking about after the season is over, yeah, then maybe take a peek.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

buckit

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 03, 2007, 12:11:35 PM

BMW probably isn't very good.  But at this point, we don't have many better options.  He's worth a look.  If Gruden could go to more 4 or even 5 wide packages, BMW would likely get a favorable matchup against a subpar corner.  The spread offense and quick strike passing attack would keep pressure off the o-line and give Garcia opens lanes to run through.  And for the record, Chas Gessner isn't bad.  I watched the guy for 2 straight years in pre-season, he's got some skill.  He could be every bit as good as Stovall, though at this point, that ain't sayin much.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 03, 2007, 03:33:00 PM

How do we know how good Stovall and Gesner are in areal game. Haven't seen much of either.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#55 : November 03, 2007, 05:30:24 PM

sorry but we need speed at the WR position , no more slow big guys

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#56 : November 03, 2007, 09:40:03 PM

If Gruden could go to more 4 or even 5 wide packages, BMW would likely get a favorable matchup against a subpar corner.  The spread offense and quick strike passing attack would keep pressure off the o-line and give Garcia opens lanes to run through.

Detroit?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From 620...Bucs are showing "interest" in BMW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools