Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Simms: Do you want to be let down again? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: November 15, 2006, 10:42:59 AM

It's over, if the team resigns Simms it would be one of the worst decisions the FO has made since Turnstyle Stussie.

The kid has had 4 years to practice in this system, had the second half of last year, all off-season and TC to polish his skills. He then goes out and lays the biggest turd you could lay as a QB. I know this is only my opinion but it's over for me. I hope he never wears a Bucs uniform again. We were all hyped waiting for this season and just knew Simms would be the break-out QB for this team. It was beyond dissappointing to watch that disgusting play.

For those that do want him back just remember the sick feeling you got watching that garbage at the beginning of the year. Remember how hopeful you were that Simms was the man only to throw 7 ints and 1 freak'n TD.

Sorry, he had his chance and blew it big time. He played as bad as a QB can play the first 3 games and I for one don't want to be let down again. Get out of town Simms and take those game-changing int's with you.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : November 15, 2006, 10:50:55 AM

He is gone imo, he screwed up big time, has had more than enough time

buh bye simms, go cry on somebody elses shoulder

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 15, 2006, 10:54:00 AM

In case you haven't notice the offense hasn't exactly improved since he went down. Yes Simms was playing poorly, but so was every one else. Simms is a player who isn't going to make an offense, but who if surrounded with talent can make big plays. I say if you have the oppurtunity to bring back a young QB who has one of the best arms in the game and who has been in your sytem for four years, without having to make a big commitment, then why not do it to at least have competition in camp.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : November 15, 2006, 11:04:22 AM

I for one am extremely extactic at how our offense has exploded since Simms went out with injury.

BucsAddict

Starter

#4 : November 15, 2006, 11:08:42 AM

I for one am extremely extactic at how our offense has exploded since Simms went out with injury.

Iknow statistics are for losers but I'd say our high powered 32nd ranked offense isnt really indictivative of how well they are playing now Simms is out. I'd give us a solid 31st .. maybe 30th place ranking.  .

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BucsAddict

Starter

#5 : November 15, 2006, 11:09:56 AM

He is gone imo, he screwed up big time, has had more than enough time

buh bye simms, go cry on somebody elses shoulder

Indeed like how we was crying while slowy bleeding to death during the carolina game? Last minute comeback.. thats for p*ssies

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 15, 2006, 11:12:05 AM

If we can get him back for cheap, then why the hell not??

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 15, 2006, 11:16:21 AM

Id sign him to a $ 500.00 one year contract.  A lil high but hey

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 15, 2006, 11:19:02 AM

I do not really want to see him back as the starter in Gruden’s WCO, but he has value to the Bucs and making him an offer makes sense.

If we lose a QB to injury mid-season Chirs knows the playbook.  
If he is signed to a contract we can possibly get something for him in a trade at some point.  
If Gruden gets fired in 18 months time Simms might be a better fit for the "new guy".

heck - Gruden might have a change of heart and Simms might come back better than ever next season...who knows.    ???

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 15, 2006, 11:33:16 AM

Simms is as good as anyone else the Bucs have at this point

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#10 : November 15, 2006, 11:35:44 AM

The next time we see Simms on Tampa's field is when he is playing on another team against us...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 15, 2006, 11:54:55 AM

Some of it, anyway.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 15, 2006, 11:58:34 AM

Some of it, anyway.

a lot more of it than any <insert FA name>   ;)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 15, 2006, 12:06:16 PM

a lot more of it than any <insert FA name>   ;)

Other than Gannon! But yes, you're correct.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 15, 2006, 12:06:37 PM

example of la la land.

The current offensive struggles isn't the point in this discussion. Simms had his chance to show what he could do and threw-up all over himself. It doesn't take 5 years to learn how to become an effective QB in this league. Simms should've been well prepared for the begining of this season, he obviously wasn't. It was painfully obvious, keep living in la la land.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Simms: Do you want to be let down again? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools