Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Simms: Do you want to be let down again? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : November 15, 2006, 12:13:53 PM

I for one am extremely extactic at how our offense has exploded since Simms went out with injury.

example of la la land.

The current offensive struggles isn't the point in this discussion. Simms had his chance to show what he could do and threw-up all over himself. It doesn't take 5 years to learn how to become an effective QB in this league. Simms should've been well prepared for the begining of this season, he obviously wasn't. It was painfully obvious, keep living in la la land.
You have trouble following along, or don't have the comprehension to put the pieces given to us together. Other than Simms' magical regression, reasons for this teams performance opening up the season have been given to us if you're smart enough to figure them out. But I sure as hell don't have any confidence in your intelligence.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#16 : November 15, 2006, 12:21:49 PM

Simms has too much talent to be a back-up for Gruden, and if most people know Gruden is in love with Grad's then Simms, his agent or his Dad has to se the same thing. The only way Simms stays is if when Gruden lies to him and tells him he wil have a fair shot to start Simms trusts him, then he may take an offer from the Buc's.
Most players like living in Tampa, lower cost of living, no state tax. etc. etc. etc. So he may want to stay now that he has a family.
For the origional poster of this thread..LMAO. Simms did have a chance and lead us to the playoffs, with a few real comebacks, as in one shot score or go home and he has came through.
I am sure his poor play had nothing to do with the O-line, Grudens stupid 3 step drops (which BTW still ends up with many tipped passes) No running game. Did you notice our 2 wins we had some decent run's? No playing time in pre season. Then again Simms was a grizzled vet with less than 16 starts, but hey you want to give Grad's 16 games before you call him what he is..
                                                                   Shaun King II
Simms has talent that Grad's just doesn't have, so what if he can move a little, he can't see over the line, and he can'tm ake all the throws, and he has a soft arm.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 15, 2006, 12:27:02 PM

I for one am extremely extactic at how our offense has exploded since Simms went out with injury.

example of la la land.

The current offensive struggles isn't the point in this discussion. Simms had his chance to show what he could do and threw-up all over himself. It doesn't take 5 years to learn how to become an effective QB in this league. Simms should've been well prepared for the begining of this season, he obviously wasn't. It was painfully obvious, keep living in la la land.
You have trouble following along, or don't have the comprehension to put the pieces given to us together. Other than Simms' magical regression, reasons for this teams performance opening up the season have been given to us if you're smart enough to figure them out. But I sure as hell don't have any confidence in your intelligence.

Typical Abuccs reply.

I not be that smart to be talking bout football. it such a much smart sport to figure out I have hard time unless Abuccs hleps me out.

Of course you neglected to give an opinion on the topic of the thread. Do you want Simms back?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : November 15, 2006, 12:32:14 PM

Only if we have a coach who is going to use his strengths. That's a capital "B" btw smart guy. ABuccsFan

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 15, 2006, 12:35:42 PM

Simms has too much talent to be a back-up for Gruden, and if most people know Gruden is in love with Grad's then Simms, his agent or his Dad has to se the same thing. The only way Simms stays is if when Gruden lies to him and tells him he wil have a fair shot to start Simms trusts him, then he may take an offer from the Buc's.
Most players like living in Tampa, lower cost of living, no state tax. etc. etc. etc. So he may want to stay now that he has a family.
For the origional poster of this thread..LMAO. Simms did have a chance and lead us to the playoffs, with a few real comebacks, as in one shot score or go home and he has came through.
I am sure his poor play had nothing to do with the O-line, Grudens stupid 3 step drops (which BTW still ends up with many tipped passes) No running game. Did you notice our 2 wins we had some decent run's? No playing time in pre season. Then again Simms was a grizzled vet with less than 16 starts, but hey you want to give Grad's 16 games before you call him what he is..
                                                                   Shaun King II
Simms has talent that Grad's just doesn't have, so what if he can move a little, he can't see over the line, and he can'tm ake all the throws, and he has a soft arm.

that's your opinion, the thread topic was mine. Simms played well last year not making ridiculous game-changing mistakes over and over. I thought Simms was going to be the man for this team and figured with all of this "training" he'd be ready to roll at the begining of the year.

I understand the reasons for the slow start this year but just looking at Simms performance you have to vomit. Right, it was the offensive line that made him throw 7 ints in 3 games, keep thinking that.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 15, 2006, 12:42:28 PM

Shaun King II
Simms has talent that Grad's just doesn't have, so what if he can move a little, he can't see over the line, and he can't make all the throws, and he has a soft arm.

Agreed.

Grads is a great little story, but he may wind up being Gruden's ticket out of town if he doesn't catch up to the speed of NFL secondaries by next year and Gruden continues to ignore the running game. Grads short passing is very impressive, but if all we're able to consistently do on offense is pass short range, we're in deep doodoo..

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#21 : November 15, 2006, 12:42:37 PM

Shaun King II

that's your opinion, the thread topic was mine. Simms played well last year not making ridiculous game-changing mistakes over and over. I thought Simms was going to be the man for this team and figured with all of this "training" he'd be ready to roll at the begining of the year.

I understand the reasons for the slow start this year but just looking at Simms performance you have to vomit. Right, it was the offensive line that made him throw 7 ints in 3 games, keep thinking that.
....and your expectations would have been fullfilled had he been put into a position to succeed and his strengths were used by his head coach. Instead of being forced to produced against his weekness, 3 step drop, especially now that we find out, he never has to fight that adversity in practice. Our defense never tries to knock down passes like other teams. A damn PVC pipe dummy? I'm willing to bet if Jon could do it all over again, he'd change some things.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 15, 2006, 12:43:31 PM

What facinates me about the whole thing is that Simms leads us to a division title (one we weren't suppose to contend for), was an eyelash away from winning a playoff game and then this year he has 2 bad starts against a great Ravens defense and a healthy atlanta defense and struggles along with everyone else on the team. You have that and people complain and in the meantime you have a rookie QB play one game against NO and all of a sudden he is the future.

Its immature fanism at its finest....

I'm not clamoring for Simms to be back and I'm not saying Grads is the future. I distinctfully remember telling some here on this board to wait a few weeks and see how he adjusts his game while everyone was annointing him the next tom brady because he is a 6 th round pick, ugh, goofy....

Baghead #2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#23 : November 15, 2006, 12:47:38 PM

What facinates me about the whole thing is that Simms leads us to a division title (one we weren't suppose to contend for), was an eyelash away from winning a playoff game and then this year he has 2 bad starts against a great Ravens defense and a healthy atlanta defense and struggles along with everyone else on the team. You have that and people complain and in the meantime you have a rookie QB play one game against NO and all of a sudden he is the future.

I'm not clamoring for Simms to be back and I'm not saying Grads is the future. I distinctfully remember telling some here on this board to wait a few weeks and see how he adjusts his game while everyone was annointing him the next tom brady because he is a 6 th round pick, ugh, goofy....
Can't argue with any of that.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 15, 2006, 12:48:13 PM

What facinates me about the whole thing is that Simms leads us to a division title (one we weren't suppose to contend for), was an eyelash away from winning a playoff game and then this year he has 2 bad starts against a great Ravens defense and a healthy atlanta defense and struggles along with everyone else on the team.

But it was more than that. It went back to the offseason and training camp and his continuing struggle to learn, understand, process, relate and manage the offense. Add on the fact that you had members of staff other than Jon Gruden lobbying for the raw 6th round pick to start on opening day, and it paints a much clearer picture of what has been going on with the position.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 15, 2006, 12:50:26 PM

.... Add on the fact that you had members of staff other than Jon Gruden lobbying for the raw 6th round pick to start on opening day, and it paints a much clearer picture of what has been going on with the position.

Got any quotes or print to back that up? Or is it more innuendo?..

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 15, 2006, 12:51:33 PM

Shaun King II

....and your expectations would have been fullfilled had he been put into a position to succeed and his strengths were used by his head coach. Instead of being forced to produced against his weekness, 3 step drop, especially now that we find out, he never has to fight that adversity in practice. Our defense never tries to knock down passes like other teams. A damn PVC pipe dummy? I'm willing to bet if Jon could do it all over again, he'd change some things.

I don't agree Gruden would do it differently but think having the D in practice try and swat the ball would've been a good idea.
Wouldn't you agree Gruden changed his entire offense last year to accomodate? He also changed the offense in the second half of the ATL game to help Simms out. They went through the entire off-season running 3-steps and I'm sure Gruden felt comfortable with Simms going in. It didn't work out, it's done. THere is a certain type of QB that is required to run this offense and I think one of the most important trait is a quick release. Simms isn't even close to having a quick release and it gives the defense time to react.

I understand the offense hasn't been stellar to say the least but it's a different looking offense with Grads in there. Grads has much less to improve upon than Simms does even now, after 4 years. Enough is enough.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 15, 2006, 12:52:29 PM

What facinates me about the whole thing is that Simms leads us to a division title (one we weren't suppose to contend for), was an eyelash away from winning a playoff game and then this year he has 2 bad starts against a great Ravens defense and a healthy atlanta defense and struggles along with everyone else on the team.

But it was more than that. It went back to the offseason and training camp and his continuing struggle to learn, understand, process, relate and manage the offense. Add on the fact that you had members of staff other than Jon Gruden lobbying for the raw 6th round pick to start on opening day, and it paints a much clearer picture of what has been going on with the position.

That is just out right wrong, you are wrong in this assesment. Ok, from PR to chris mortensen, everyone who was asked who looked the most impressive this offseason, they responded Chris Simms.........That is just not true, he looked great this offseason per PR and ESPN and Sportingnews and SportsIllustrated, etc etc etc....What did grads do in the preseason against 4 th string defenses, whoa, whooptie doo, he threw a few TD's, ran a little bit, showed some grit, its the NFL....

Baghead #2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#28 : November 15, 2006, 12:53:53 PM

What fascinates me about the whole thing is that Simms leads us to a division title (one we weren't suppose to contend for), was an eyelash away from winning a playoff game and then this year he has 2 bad starts against a great Ravens defense and a healthy Atlanta defense and struggles along with everyone else on the team.

That's the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Three games we lost down the stretch last season were all against teams who made it a point to get in there and look for passes to knock down. You'd think Jon would have learned from that, and put on his little mad scientist routine, locked himself in his office like everyone says and came up with a new plan. Instead he tried to pound a square peg into a round whole to start off the season. Now he changes his philosophy. He's going down field more with his limp wristed QB instead of when he had the one with the cannon arm.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 15, 2006, 12:55:48 PM

Simms play was god-awful. You're telling me 7ints and 1TD in 3 games is just struggling a little bit? Geat real. I never said Grads was the future but I know for damn sure Simms isn't. Watching Grads made it more clear and if it didn't for you, sorry. Call me whatever you want, I've watched enough football in my life to know Simms sucks.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Simms: Do you want to be let down again? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools