Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey, the season is lost, our head coach might be too, lets have some fun with it « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 15, 2006, 07:59:43 PM

Ralph Friedgen, HC Maryland. Offensive guru

Please not another one!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 15, 2006, 10:41:47 PM

Ralph Friedgen, HC Maryland. Offensive guru

Please not another one!

Friedgen is too fat.   They would have to widen the tunnel from the locker room to the field for him to run out.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 15, 2006, 10:45:14 PM

Marinelli

#33 : November 15, 2006, 10:59:27 PM

Really all I want is someone with no ties to the org.  If we are gonna can jon, then we need a total makeover, NO MORE Kiffen and his scheme thats outdated, lose the tampa 2. I wouldnt mind Grimm coming along and bringing some of his steeler buddies and implementing a PIT 3-4ish type of scheme.

Perhaps a scheme change should be in order, but I would add that going to a 3-4 from a smallish 4-3 scheme could take some doing and extra investment.  I also like Boid's suggestion in Weis.

nickerson56

Starter
#34 : November 15, 2006, 11:50:52 PM

Lawrence Taylor - Head Coach
Dexter Manley - DC
Michael Irvin - OC

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 16, 2006, 12:23:33 AM

Lawrence Taylor - Head Coach
Dexter Manley - DC
Michael Irvin - OC

We'd definitely have the most coked out team in the NFL.    I'm not sure if they'd be competitive though.     

Isn't Manley in prison?

nickerson56

Starter
#36 : November 16, 2006, 12:41:37 AM

Manley can coach via satellite...no worries.  Maybe we can get Jimmy Smith to be the WR coach too

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 16, 2006, 01:27:10 AM

I've been thinking about that for a few days and really can't come up with a name that would excite me.

That's where I'm at.  I trust him with the fat cap number...let's go re-tool the defense...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#38 : November 16, 2006, 02:00:43 AM

Friedgen is a highly respected offensive coach at the college level who has turned down NFL head coaching opportunites. Was National coach of the year in 2001

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 16, 2006, 06:49:51 AM

Hopefully Bama fires him, and we can bring in MIKE SHULA

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#40 : November 16, 2006, 08:39:51 AM

Joe Theismann

Welcome to PR Joe.  This has to be Joe, only Joe would nominate Joe.  OBTW, No Joe. LOL

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 16, 2006, 09:07:49 AM

Pewter Warship,

There would most certainly be adjustment time to implementing a 3-4 scheme, but I do not think it would be awful.  Heres why:

We have some peices that would fit in just fine.  Starting up front --- Hovan could be a 3-4 NT.  Hes on the smaller side but hes damn good vs the run.  White could definetly be a DE in that type of scheme.  Ruud could be an ILB in a 3-4.  Nece is another guy who would fit, probably on the inside.  Barber and Zemaitis could both do fairly well in a 3-4. lets not forget 3-4 schemes bring blitzes alot and leave corners 1on1 but it also uses alot of zone.  Our safeties... well our safeties dont fit in any scheme, so thats a wash.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey, the season is lost, our head coach might be too, lets have some fun with it « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools