Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 in a row.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Runole

Hall of Famer
#45 : November 07, 2007, 04:28:37 PM

This term "Spread" must be some new statistical factor that feel good has made up?

Balance can be misleading just because you run and pass 50% of the time doesn't mean one has a balanced offense.

UF has no real running backs and chooses to have a QB that is more like a FB take care of their running game.  It is an interesting concept and perhaps it will revolutionize the game of football so much that RB's will become obsolete!!!

With further review Tebow and Grothe are similar in many ways.   And both programs have the same won/loss record at this time.

If you want to do a real statistical analysis on balance you  need to do a bit more analysis IMHO.

I just love to see gator fans get into such a tizzy!!   MY work is done!! LOL

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 07, 2007, 04:35:44 PM

Again, stats and facts don't matter to Runole.

Everyone should just get his opinion because that is all that matters.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 07, 2007, 04:40:30 PM

Fact FSU beat Alabama,  FACT: USF Beat AUBURN,  FACT CAL BEAT TENNESSEE... 

FACT: UF refuses to play Miami every season and will not play OUT OF CONFERENCE Games outside the state of Florida.

Is that how a champion acts??  I will always be so proud of Miami FSU and USF that they have the cajones to not follow the gators mode of operation..  Pure cowardice at its best!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 07, 2007, 04:42:07 PM

Again, stats and facts don't matter to Runole.

Everyone should just get his opinion because that is all that matters.
When you don't have the greatest coaching staff ever assembled like in Tallahassee you just have to make do with whatever you get.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 08, 2007, 07:02:30 AM

UF has no real running backs and chooses to have a QB that is more like a FB take care of their running game.  It is an interesting concept and perhaps it will revolutionize the game of football so much that RB's will become obsolete!!!

what makes a real running back?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 08, 2007, 10:20:20 AM

Fact FSU beat Alabama, FACT: USF Beat AUBURN, FACT CAL BEAT TENNESSEE...

Wow....... Not a single embarrassing loss on that list. Thanks for pointing that out, Runole.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 08, 2007, 12:07:02 PM

Glad to see you recognize the quality of FSU CAL and USF!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 08, 2007, 01:03:16 PM

UF has no real running backs and chooses to have a QB that is more like a FB take care of their running game. It is an interesting concept and perhaps it will revolutionize the game of football so much that RB's will become obsolete!!!

what makes a real running back?
Cajones.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 08, 2007, 04:22:59 PM

Wow....... Not a single embarrassing loss on that list. Thanks for pointing that out, Runole.

The sad and embrassing thing is everyone of those SEC teams lost to those teams... yet the teams that beat them arent and they have the same amount of L. Shows what many of us have said... the SEC looks great because of the ranked teams but many of them shouldnt even be ranked.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 08, 2007, 05:41:58 PM

Auburn is a different team now then when they played USF

Tennessee is a different team now then when they played Cal.

Alabama is a different team now then when they played FSU....although I don't think they would beat FSU now either.  I think Alabama has the LEAST amount of talent of any of the SEC teams...they are just VERY well coached.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 08, 2007, 06:30:26 PM

Alabama is a different team now then when they played FSU....although I don't think they would beat FSU now either.  I think Alabama has the LEAST amount of talent of any of the SEC teams...they are just VERY well coached.

Unless you're talking about different team because of personnel, like with Auburn's running back, this whole "different" team stuff is alot of crap, most of the time (no offense, you just happened to bring it up). What's different is the ebb and flow of each individual game and circumstances that arise during the game

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#56 : November 08, 2007, 06:47:48 PM

The sad and embrassing thing is everyone of those SEC teams lost to those teams... yet the teams that beat them arent and they have the same amount of L. Shows what many of us have said... the SEC looks great because of the ranked teams but many of them shouldnt even be ranked.
Again, there's nothing embarassing about those losses.

It's not like they are losses to New mexico, Utah, or Notre Dame.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#57 : November 08, 2007, 07:25:53 PM

Unless you're talking about different team because of personnel, like with Auburn's running back, this whole "different" team stuff is alot of crap, most of the time (no offense, you just happened to bring it up). What's different is the ebb and flow of each individual game and circumstances that arise during the game

No sir. 

If you watched Auburn play the first four games of their season and every game since, you would see two different football teams....well, an unbiased observer would see 2 different football teams.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#58 : November 08, 2007, 09:35:49 PM

Yeah, you're unbiased. ::)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#59 : November 08, 2007, 09:59:15 PM

I'm not an Auburn fan...but I have watched a lot of their games.

I know that they have been playing like a different team since they lost to USF and Miss. State.

I am a Florida fan, but unlike most of the fans on here, I can step out of my fan suit and see the whole picture.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 in a row.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools