Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 in a row.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Runole

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 06, 2007, 05:01:45 PM

USF is a far more balanced team offensively and defensively than UF.
USF
Total offense: 47
Total defense: 18
Spread: 29

UF
Total offense: 22
Total defense: 40
Spread: 18

Balance to me is a lot more than just Total Offense versus Total Defense???

You need a lot more than total offense and total defense to speak of balance.

UF  is 70% Tebow on offense..  That is unbalanced.  Do they even have a running back?  I bet Harvin , Tebow and WRs combined make up better than 80 % of the running stats!!

USF on defense has been good pass defense and run defense over the season.

UF has been extremely suspect against the pass.

You can do all the "SPREADS" you want but how that relates to overall balance and my statement will have to be explained.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 06, 2007, 05:02:41 PM

Yup, Grothe has 27 more rushing yards.

Tebow has 7 more rushing TD's

Tebow has 289 more passing yards

Tebow has 12 more passing TD's

What, exactly, is your point?

Tebow contributes more to the lack of balance on UF than Grothe does at USF. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 06, 2007, 05:04:50 PM

So we should just ask you if a team is balanced or not?

Wow.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 06, 2007, 05:05:57 PM

Yup, Grothe has 27 more rushing yards.

Tebow has 7 more rushing TD's

Tebow has 289 more passing yards

Tebow has 12 more passing TD's

What, exactly, is your point?

Tebow contributes more to the lack of balance on UF than Grothe does at USF. 

I was just talkin' a little trash to you earlier, but you are starting to sound like BornaBuc.

Do ya'll meet for coffee at McDonald's and talk football or something?

gatorgirl!

Starter

#34 : November 06, 2007, 05:15:53 PM

I just noticed that Grothe has more rushing yardage than Tebow... Never would have thought that would be the case.

27 yards. I'm sure Tebow will surpass him by the end of the season....along with the rest of his stats.

Tebow's an amazing rush quarterback. But Tebow also has alot of talent on his offense in which he can both hand off and throw the ball to.

Grothe relies only on him.

Tebow rushes for the 1st down...or the touchdown.

Grothe runs to avoid getting sacked (no fault there) or because his WR's can't get open.

I don't think you can honestly compare the two if you're talking about Heisman material. Tebow is clearly a more balanced, much better pick than Grothe.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 06, 2007, 05:21:35 PM

My point was clearly stated I think a valid argument can be made that USF is a far more balanced and complete team at this time than UF.

Tebow is the UF offense...  or at least 70% of it

UF 's pass defense and even run defense is a bit suspect due to youth and inexperience.

USF has a respectable defense and offense and is rather balanced both defending the run and running the ball defending the pass and passing the ball.

USF has arguably the best tandem at CB in CFB.  They have a pass rusher just as good as Harvey at end.

USF LBs are better overall

USF has several decent RBS 

UF does have better receivers but USF's aren't that bad either.

OL's are about the same.

Both USF and UF have 3 losses.   So what is your point?  That UF's losses are better than USF's?    DOUBLE WOW!  ONLY A GATOR FAN COULD BELIEVE SUCH NONSENSE!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 06, 2007, 05:24:11 PM

I just noticed that Grothe has more rushing yardage than Tebow... Never would have thought that would be the case.

27 yards. I'm sure Tebow will surpass him by the end of the season....along with the rest of his stats.

Tebow's an amazing rush quarterback. But Tebow also has alot of talent on his offense in which he can both hand off and throw the ball to.

Grothe relies only on him.

Tebow rushes for the 1st down...or the touchdown.

Grothe runs to avoid getting sacked (no fault there) or because his WR's can't get open.

I don't think you can honestly compare the two if you're talking about Heisman material. Tebow is clearly a more balanced, much better pick than Grothe.

I tend to agree because without Tebow UF would be in chaos because he is the UF offense.    While I do believe Grothe is also important to USF they rely on him less than UF does Tebow.  is it true that he has ended the war in Iraq and discovered the cure for cancer and heart disease??

;D

gatorgirl!

Starter

#37 : November 06, 2007, 05:28:59 PM

I never said anything about the equality or inequality of the the losses. Don't put words in my mouth. Nor did I defend my team's "balance." I know our defense is young and weak. I know our offense is made up of a great O-line, Tebow, Harvin and Caldwell, with assists from Ingram and Moore. I know Tebow's practically superman on the field, BUT

I only compared Tebow and Grothe. Not our WR, RB, Defense, CB....just our QB's.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 06, 2007, 07:31:43 PM

Runole, you have no idea what you are talking about.  Grothe IS the USF offense which is why they have struggled the last three games because teams ahve put so much pressure on him and our o-coordinator is clueless on how to adjust.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 06, 2007, 08:43:06 PM

Both USF and UF have 3 losses.   So what is your point?  That UF's losses are better than USF's?    DOUBLE WOW!  ONLY A GATOR FAN COULD BELIEVE SUCH NONSENSE!
You're really grasping here. Why don't you worry about your own team shutting up Tebow and the Gators rather than USF? We're only a couple weeks away. How does 4 in a row sound?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 06, 2007, 09:09:55 PM

Runole is a VERY big homer.

#41 : November 07, 2007, 12:19:38 AM

USF had injuries on their OL, I dont think they had any problem moving people around ealrie rin the year. Their other probl;em is that their RB are young. They cant trust Ford or Taylor enough to play them more than 15 snaps a game because the mental part of the game hasnt caught up to where they already are physically, SO I think people are wrong when they say USF is one dimensional. Their OL recruits always seem to be solid, and their RB are just young and inexperienced which puts a lot of pressue on Grothe. The talent is there, this team will grow up

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 07, 2007, 09:09:27 AM

USF
Passing Offense: #54
Rushing Offense: #43
Spread: 11
Grothe Offense: 435 of 683 total plays (63.69%)
Passing Defense: #22
Rushing Defense: #29
Spread: 7

UF
Passing Offense: #41
Rushing Offense: #29
Spread: 12
Tebow Offense: 367 of 567 total plays (64.73%)
Passing Defense: #79
Rushing Defense: #18
Spread: 61

So with all that blathering about USF being a "far more balanced and complete team" and Tebow being the entire Gators offense all you have is USF has a better pass defense than UF. Congratulations. How many quarterbacks USF played will get a shot in the NFL (at quarterback so forget about Pat White)? Tyler Lorenzon is the only one I can think of that will get a shot. Erik Ainge, Matt Flynn, Ryan Perriloux, Andre Woodson, Mathew Stafford, and maybe even Omar Haugabook will get a shot in the NFL off the Gators' schedule.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 07, 2007, 11:12:50 AM

USF
Passing Offense: #54
Rushing Offense: #43
Spread: 11
Grothe Offense: 435 of 683 total plays (63.69%)
Passing Defense: #22
Rushing Defense: #29
Spread: 7

UF
Passing Offense: #41
Rushing Offense: #29
Spread: 12
Tebow Offense: 367 of 567 total plays (64.73%)
Passing Defense: #79
Rushing Defense: #18
Spread: 61

So with all that blathering about USF being a "far more balanced and complete team" and Tebow being the entire Gators offense all you have is USF has a better pass defense than UF. Congratulations. How many quarterbacks USF played will get a shot in the NFL (at quarterback so forget about Pat White)? Tyler Lorenzon is the only one I can think of that will get a shot. Erik Ainge, Matt Flynn, Ryan Perriloux, Andre Woodson, Mathew Stafford, and maybe even Omar Haugabook will get a shot in the NFL off the Gators' schedule.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but the criteria you used for seeing if you've got a balanced team is wacked. Show yards or percentage of plays or something, not rankings.
And what does the qb's chances in the NFL have to do with how they are in college?? Of the top 50 rated college qbs, UF has faced two where USF has faced three, and I didn't count White. UF's defense is very young this year where USF has some great upperclassmen so quit trying to make excuses. If they traded qb's they faced this year, the results would probably still be about the same....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 07, 2007, 01:20:08 PM

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but the criteria you used for seeing if you've got a balanced team is wacked. Show yards or percentage of plays or something, not rankings.
National rankings are based on yards but if it makes you feel better here are plays:

USF
Rush attempts: 382 (55.93%)
Pass attempts: 301 (44.07%)
Rushes against: 349 (52.25%)
Passes against: 319 (47.75%)

UF
Rush attempts: 338 (59.61%)
Pass attempts: 229 (40.39%)
Rushes against: 308 (50%)
Passes against: 308 (50%)

And what does the qb's chances in the NFL have to do with how they are in college?? Of the top 50 rated college qbs, UF has faced two where USF has faced three, and I didn't count White. UF's defense is very young this year where USF has some great upperclassmen so quit trying to make excuses. If they traded qb's they faced this year, the results would probably still be about the same....
I bring up pro potential because right now Matt Forte of Tulane is leading the NCAA in rushing. He has 328 more yards than Darren McFadden. If you were a defensive coordinator, who would you rather face? And I do not doubt that this season USF has better and/or more experienced talent in the secondary than UF. Please remember this whole stupid thing started because Runole stated USF "is a far more balanced and complete team at this time than UF." The numbers show of the 4 major categories UF has the advantage in 3 and that Tim Tebow accounts for 1.04% more of the Gator offense than Matt Grothe accounts for with the Bulls so as per usual Runole has no idea what he is talking about.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 in a row.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools