Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting last comments « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: November 15, 2006, 12:27:43 PM

And while some have argued that Galloway could have laid out for the ball, even Gruden suggested it was the quarterback's play to make.

"That's what quarterbacks get big bucks to do," Gruden said. "And that's what we're looking for - a guy who can come in and be dominant at this position. We've got to get a dominant player at that position to be a great football team."

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBKHXZ4JUE.html

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 15, 2006, 12:28:37 PM

Not sure what you find so interesting about that. Elaborate?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : November 15, 2006, 12:30:48 PM

Not sure what you find so interesting about that. Elaborate?
...ask your inside contacts.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 15, 2006, 12:32:04 PM

...ask your inside contacts.

It was your post, not theirs. I don't ask them about things like your comments on the PR forums.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : November 15, 2006, 12:35:54 PM

And while some have argued that Galloway could have laid out for the ball, even Gruden suggested it was the quarterback's play to make.

"That's what quarterbacks get big bucks to do," Gruden said. "And that's what we're looking for - a guy who can come in and be dominant at this position. We've got to get a dominant player at that position to be a great football team."

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 15, 2006, 12:37:43 PM

Are you familiar with the term "elaborate"? Re-quoting the original comment DOESN'T expand on your take.

grefly

Starter

#6 : November 15, 2006, 12:41:04 PM

I think he's saying that Jon is still looking for his dominant QB - is that right, BBG? But don't take it out of context, he could also mean he's looking for Grads to step up and be dominant. Depends on what you are reading into it.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 15, 2006, 12:41:15 PM

I get where you're going Abuccs but think you're reading between the lines a little too much, like a woman. Take his comments exactly how they're said not by what you think he could mean.

He's not lying, every team needs a dominant QB to be great. It's not a secret and Grads at this point is far from dominant.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 15, 2006, 12:43:29 PM

He's not lying, every team needs a dominant QB to be great. It's not a secret and Grads at this point is far from dominant.

Indeed. Every single team in this league that doesn't have a dominant QB is looking to acquire or develop one. Nothing mysterious in that, it's a given.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : November 15, 2006, 12:44:55 PM

Are you familiar with the term "elaborate"? Re-quoting the original comment DOESN'T expand on your take.
It's all right there for you. He said it in his press conference he doesn't like rookies after all. He's not as enamored as you Grads nut huggers about his QB situation. If you think he is going to roll into next season riding Grad's jock, you're nuts. I'm glad i could help you with your reading comprehension.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : November 15, 2006, 12:45:48 PM

I get where you're going Abuccs but think you're reading between the lines a little too much, like a woman. Take his comments exactly how they're said not by what you think he could mean.

I'm glad you got it. I'll have to move you up higher than DTG on my respect meter.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 15, 2006, 12:53:07 PM

Wow BBG, how enlightening! Coach wants a dominant player at the QB position. No one would have ever guessed without you pointing that out. I thought you really were trying to offer some interesting insight rather than just parroting the desire of this coach (and every damn coach in the league).

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : November 15, 2006, 01:16:52 PM

Wow BBG, how enlightening! Coach wants a dominant player at the QB position. No one would have ever guessed without you pointing that out. I thought you really were trying to offer some interesting insight rather than just parroting the desire of this coach (and every damn coach in the league).
Except this coach doesn't want to lather Grad's nads like some of you think he does.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 15, 2006, 01:20:29 PM

Except this coach doesn't want to lather Grad's nads like some of you think he does.

Sigh. I guess the subtleties of the argument are lost on the "it must be this or that, black or white" crowd.

BucsAddict

Starter

#14 : November 15, 2006, 04:31:52 PM

i dont understand your interpretation of his comments. He asserted he needs a dominant qb. Grads currently is not one. He's also a rookie making his 5th start? and having lil TC experience before that. Of course he's not dominant. But no where in that statement can it be interpreted that he cannot be.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting last comments « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools