Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has there ever been a Buc QB the majority of Buc fans liked? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 14, 2006, 03:47:41 PM

Since we are looking towards the future.  I'd like to see what guys we bring into camp next year.  Grads, Simms, McCown, the kid on the practice squad...might be a nice battle...Plus none of those guys are old enough to have to sit out practice so reps will be at a premium...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#16 : November 14, 2006, 03:49:17 PM

Steve Deberg baby......lol

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 14, 2006, 03:50:31 PM

After Doug, he was my favorite

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 14, 2006, 03:51:45 PM

He was actually pretty good as well.    John McKay said Deberg was the best QB he had as coach of the Bucs, and that included Doug Williams.    And don't forget Steve Young, he wasn't bad either.    We've had some of the best QB's in football pass through Tampa only to get booed off the field.  

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 14, 2006, 05:44:09 PM

I never liked Dilfer.  But I liked Parnell

#20 : November 14, 2006, 07:26:29 PM

Shaun King?? HELL NAH, couldn't stand him!! My two all time favorites are/were Doug Williams and Vinny Testaverde.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 14, 2006, 08:16:15 PM

Joe Ferguson.

Blade

Starter

#22 : November 14, 2006, 08:18:44 PM

What about Steve Spurrier or the "Thrown' Samoan"???

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#23 : November 14, 2006, 08:37:01 PM

I enjoy Grads playing even though we arent winning, I like the fact that he is faster than Vick on feet when he has to be, and the fact that he broke every high school record there was in the PA/OH area where MANY good QB's have come from......

here is my take on what I think is his biggest problem...

He throws to Galloway or Galloway, and every team knows that so they cover Galloway as such, we need a second WR that can go opposite Galloway and make big plays......something like the skill of Terrell Owens, but the attitude of Heinz Ward, and get him a better TE to give him that 3rd option....and teach him to look around so the Defense dosent read him...

I feel like if we opened up our passing options, it will spread the defense to a nickle opening up a few holes for our running game..

I am very impressed with our defense turn out last night considering they were mostly rookies on there, but put in a stronger LB and a better Safty.....and I think we stand a chance in the P-offs next year...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 14, 2006, 08:45:18 PM

I enjoy Grads playing even though we arent winning, I like the fact that he is faster than Vick on feet when he has to be, and the fact that he broke every high school record there was in the PA/OH area where MANY good QB's have come from......

He throws to Galloway or Galloway, and every team knows that so they cover Galloway as such, we need a second WR that can go opposite Galloway and make big plays......something like the skill of Terrell Owens, but the attitude of Heinz Ward, and get him a better TE to give him that 3rd option....and teach him to look around so the Defense dosent read him...

I feel like if we opened up our passing options, it will spread the defense to a nickle opening up a few holes for our running game..

I am very impressed with our defense turn out last night considering they were mostly rookies on there, but put in a stronger LB and a better Safty.....and I think we stand a chance in the P-offs next year...

They need a better D-Line (sackless as usual, thus rendering the Cover 2 useless), a better tackle.

Alex Smith is just fine, but he is used more to block, as most TEs are in Tampa lately, but I like Smitty. 

As far as the #2 with TO skills and Hines Ward 'tude...yeah.  that is not going to happen.  There are no such players.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#25 : November 14, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

They need a better D-Line (sackless as usual, thus rendering the Cover 2 useless), a better tackle.

Alex Smith is just fine, but he is used more to block, as most TEs are in Tampa lately, but I like Smitty.

As far as the #2 with TO skills and Hines Ward 'tude...yeah. that is not going to happen. There are no such players.

true....money is the root of football evil!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

ABN

Starter
#26 : November 15, 2006, 12:18:50 PM

Sure remember Steve  Young. We liked him but he never got a chance.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#27 : November 15, 2006, 12:40:29 PM

From NFL black-out's to sold out season tix in 2-3 years. Most Buc fans are not even football fans much less Buc fans they are good football team fans so of course there have been no QB's who really got a chance from the fan's, Buc fans were either hard core or fair weather, hard core fans have strong opinions and go to the games, and if they couldn't they would listen to an entire game on the radio and fair weather fans read the local sports page to get their info which lets face it is mostly negative because good stories don't sell.
If I thought Grad's could be more than a system QB I would probably like him, I am not sold on him I think the things he is bad at are things that you really can't change, If you could Dilfer would have been a star by now, Gruden has crowned Grad's the Prince I just don't think Gruden knows talent at the QB spot, nothing thathe has done shows me otherwise. Gannon was a 10 or 11 year vet when Gruden got a hold of him and had some good years in his career. I also think Al Davis had much more to do with the personel than Grallen.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#28 : November 15, 2006, 03:09:53 PM

I've always not had a problem with Griese actually.. I just wish the guy didnt have brain farts during games.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 15, 2006, 03:36:20 PM

the fans always love the backup it seems.. then when he gets in there and sucks.. they hate him too.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has there ever been a Buc QB the majority of Buc fans liked? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools