Boards > The Red Board

Who want's a rookie QB?

(1/7) > >>

psymun:
Those of you that want a rookie QB... My only question is why?

If your so sick of losing, why would you want to do it again next season with a rookie QB...

Only 2 rookie QBs have ever had more than 7 wins in a season... Dan Marino and Kerry Collins...

Should we get a veteran? YES! Definitely...

But a rookie QB would be stupid to get...

DanTurksGhost:
Only two? What about Ben?

ZenBuc:
Yeah Ben should be added to the list...but the point is still vaild. The chances of drafting a rookie, whether it's Quinn or some 7th rounder, and winning with them as the starter is slim. We all know that Gruden will keep Grads around, but IMO we need to have some guys with experience come in and battle it out at TC. It can be Grads, Simms, FA Vet, or Grads, FA Vet #1, FA Vet#2, or whatever...There needs to be competition. The more competition the better.

beniro:

--- Quote from: psymun on November 15, 2006, 12:28:19 PM ---Those of you that want a rookie QB... My only question is why?

If your so sick of losing, why would you want to do it again next season with a rookie QB...

Only 2 rookie QBs have ever had more than 7 wins in a season... Dan Marino and Kerry Collins...

--- End quote ---

Right.  This is what I'm saying, and also an argument for letting Grads play out, so we can have more information about what we've got in him, and make appropriate choices.

I don't think that Drafting a QB on the first day next year is the way to go, though.

psymun:
If Troy Smith falls to the 4th round, i think they should draft him... otherwise... i'd pass... Smith may fall due to his lack of size... even if he wins the heisman...

Ladyfan:
I'm thinking best QB situation would be Grads as starting QB.  Drew Bledsoe as back up and Luke as #3. And then take a draft pick.  Maybe even one of the really good ones.  THEN we would be set at QB position.

That way we can spell Grads with Drew.  If disaster hits and we get down to the third guy we have Luke.  All the while giving a year or so on the bench for the new guy  to get his act together.  Sounds good to me!

As much as I personally llike Simms and wish him well, I don't think he'll ever start here.  And, I don't see him staying as back up although that's what he'd be initially no matter where he went.  Let's face it, the poor guy had the worst injury timing ever and it may have tanked his career.  On the other hand, you never know...he'd be happier at a team that fit his pocket style.  I wish him the best.

Hit55Fan:
Big ben had a DOMINATE TEAM around him.. we dont got anything close to a dominate team..

The same question should be asked, why a new coach. that will set us back too.

naplesbuc:
Drew Bledsoe is a statue and would get KILLED behind this o-line.  And he's a terrible fit to the WCO.

gone:

--- Quote from: psymun on November 15, 2006, 12:28:19 PM ---Those of you that want a rookie QB... My only question is why?

--- End quote ---

They want a rookie QB so that if Gruden survives this year, he can get axed the next.  Any rookie QB will take 2-3 years minimum to hit his stride and be a "contender".  The people who are saying "draft Quinn, or so-and-so"  are for the most part the same people saying "Fire Gruden".  If we go with a top pick QB, they'll be the first blaming Gruden for his failures early on, and the time frame would give the perfect excuse to call for Gru's head ... "What only 2 winning seasons in X years?".  We already hear it now, it'll get louder every year.  Do you really think the Fire Gru corwd will turn around and say "give it some time, Quinn's a rookie"?  They aren't giving Grads time, it wouldn't change for Quinn...

TURBO:
Bledsoe???

are you freaking kidding me?

he'd die, actually kick the bucket!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version