Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Harvard, Yale, B&W Hospital .........nope, not qualified « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 13, 2014, 04:56:10 PM

This dip**CENSORED** really has some serious clinical issues.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 13, 2014, 09:08:17 PM

So, about that bike.   Are you one of those guys that block the whole road so cars can't get around?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 13, 2014, 09:53:56 PM

After the NRA circulated a letter opposing Murthy, several Republican senators, including Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), argued the young doctor was picked for his political activity and lacks the experience to be the nation's leading health advocate.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/nra-shooting-obama-surgeon-general-pick-article-1.1720063#ixzz2vtiy4Unf

Spartan got the memo

He is a gun control ACTIVIST. Yes he has espoused some views in line with standard gun policy held by trauma surgeons but he has also advocated for, and supported gun owners being licensed, limits on ammunition and requiring Physicians to inquire if you have a gun in the house?

Plus, at the age of 36 just what experience does he have exactly? He is the same age as my Brother In Law, who is also a Dr. who has worked his butt of and might just be in line to be put in charge of his group. Surgeon General? Methinks not.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 13, 2014, 10:06:19 PM

So, about that bike.   Are you one of those guys that block the whole road so cars can't get around?

lol.

I was until I got hit by a pickup truck. Lucky for me I saw it coming and was able to release my feet and kind of threw myself upward as it hit me, which is the only reason I didn't get run over. That might of sucked. Haven't been on the road since.

Do all my riding on the paved trails used only by bikes, runners and inline skaters. Hop on the trail and go, 10-20 + miles. It's freaking' awesome, I love the hell out of it. Major endorphin rush. Still have to be careful, going fast and wipe out, you can do some damage. That's happened more times than I care to admit to. You do any type of biking, Olaf?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 14, 2014, 09:10:59 AM

I ride 8-10 miles around the community on my 15 year old Target special (in surprisingly good shape, but not really built for road racing) occasionally.  I have an interest in doing a little more, going to the trails around, but not really sure about dropping 2 grand on a bike at the moment.   

spartan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 14, 2014, 12:51:53 PM

After the NRA circulated a letter opposing Murthy, several Republican senators, including Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), argued the young doctor was picked for his political activity and lacks the experience to be the nation's leading health advocate.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/nra-shooting-obama-surgeon-general-pick-article-1.1720063#ixzz2vtiy4Unf

Spartan got the memo

He is a gun control ACTIVIST. Yes he has espoused some views in line with standard gun policy held by trauma surgeons but he has also advocated for, and supported gun owners being licensed, limits on ammunition and requiring Physicians to inquire if you have a gun in the house?

Plus, at the age of 36 just what experience does he have exactly? He is the same age as my Brother In Law, who is also a Dr. who has worked his butt of and might just be in line to be put in charge of his group. Surgeon General? Methinks not.

Vin, by the time you have got through Medical School and Residency Dr's are usually 32 ish give or take. That means this guy has about 3 years experience being a fully fledged stand on your own 2 feet Doctor. You think that qualifies him to be the Surgeon General?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 14, 2014, 02:06:04 PM

Spartan got the memo

Vin, by the time you have got through Medical School and Residency Dr's are usually 32 ish give or take. That means this guy has about 3 years experience being a fully fledged stand on your own 2 feet Doctor. You think that qualifies him to be the Surgeon General?

I agree with your point. Personally, I don't want the guy because he is an Obamacare advocate BUT the "inexperience" argument is not a genuine argument when it comes out now from gun guys. Its a pretext. If you look at the article I quoted, the Senators objecting that he is under qualified did not do so UNTIL they received a letter from the NRA threatening them.  They then raised the argument EXACTLY as you did i.e., "he's an activist and even if you don't buy that he's inexperienced."  No big deal, but the legitimacy of the argument gets diluted by the ulterior motive.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

spartan

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 14, 2014, 02:18:03 PM

I agree with your point. Personally, I don't want the guy because he is an Obamacare advocate BUT the "inexperience" argument is not a genuine argument when it comes out now from gun guys. Its a pretext. If you look at the article I quoted, the Senators objecting that he is under qualified did not do so UNTIL they received a letter from the NRA threatening them.  They then raised the argument EXACTLY as you did i.e., "he's an activist and even if you don't buy that he's inexperienced."  No big deal, but the legitimacy of the argument gets diluted by the ulterior motive.

He is an activist and based on his past history he will use the position to push the agenda he has pushed from his other positions. That is one reason for not being enamored with the guy.

Now what I believe you are saying is that the NRA is using the latter to disguise the former, which is probably true but it makes the latter no less valid. With that said, I am inclined to be sympathetic to the play because I would rather not find out he is going to abuse his position (IMO) AFTER he is confirmed, Looking at his history that is pretty much a given.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 14, 2014, 03:19:59 PM

He is an activist and based on his past history he will use the position to push the agenda he has pushed from his other positions. That is one reason for not being enamored with the guy.

Now what I believe you are saying is that the NRA is using the latter to disguise the former, which is probably true but it makes the latter no less valid. With that said, I am inclined to be sympathetic to the play because I would rather not find out he is going to abuse his position (IMO) AFTER he is confirmed, Looking at his history that is pretty much a given.

just like C Evertt Koop did

::)

btw, you're "sympathetic to the play" because you are  pro-gun guy.  the Senators are "sympathetic to the play" because they are pro-election guys.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 14, 2014, 03:24:55 PM

btw, you're "sympathetic to the play" because you are  pro-gun guy.  the Senators are "sympathetic to the play" because they are pro-election guys.

Pretty much. At least I'm honest about it.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 14, 2014, 03:33:00 PM

Pretty much. At least I'm honest about it.

true, respect.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 16, 2014, 02:12:55 PM

I ride 8-10 miles around the community on my 15 year old Target special (in surprisingly good shape, but not really built for road racing) occasionally.  I have an interest in doing a little more, going to the trails around, but not really sure about dropping 2 grand on a bike at the moment.

No reason to drop big money on a bike. The best bike is always the one that you'll ride. There are a lot of good bikes out there you can pick up w/o spending anything close to that. Seriously. Check Craigslist, bikes often get sold as often as exercise equipment. Check your local LBS (local bike shop). I went exactly 40 miles yesterday, what a great body rush that was! Amazing. Find something you like, within your budget, use it and go from there. I encourage everyone to ride, it's great exercise and a nice way to decompress. Let me know if you want some feedback, I'd be happy to help if I can.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Harvard, Yale, B&W Hospital .........nope, not qualified « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools