Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we evolve from Monkey's? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2007, 03:55:24 PM

How does the Vatican address dinosuars?

The same way that anyone else with a lick of sense does. Catholics are NOT, as a rule, young-earth creationists.
You mean they accept it?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 05, 2007, 04:01:19 PM

Same way as everyone else.
They point at the dinosaur and scream.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2007, 04:02:27 PM

The same way that anyone else with a lick of sense does. Catholics are NOT, as a rule, young-earth creationists.
You mean they accept it?

If by "it", you mean that the earth is some 4.5 billion years old, that dinosaurs lived and died many millions of years ago and their remains fossilized by the commonly accepted scientific principles, yes.  They're just fine with it.  I'm not saying you can't find some Catholics out there of a more fundamentalist bend, but it's by no means required or even particularly encouraged by the Vatican.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 05, 2007, 04:35:39 PM

Same way as everyone else.
They point at the dinosaur and scream.
He he he he...

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#19 : November 07, 2007, 05:12:14 PM

There is no such thing as spacetravel. The only thing real is the bible. The rest is all poppy**CENSORED**.

I wonder if extra-terrestrials believe in the bible?

You can bet your butt that when we find some they wont have a choice

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 07, 2007, 10:19:36 PM

There is no such thing as spacetravel. The only thing real is the bible. The rest is all poppy**CENSORED**.

I wonder if extra-terrestrials believe in the bible?

How so?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 08, 2007, 10:14:19 AM

Real thing? Come on man, the bible is a really good FICTIONAL book written decades after the events took place. What's hilarious is that poeple actually believe that FICTIONAL book.

Jesus was the David Copperfield of his time.

Honestly the only theory that's logical is evolution, everything else doesn't logically make sense. 

In regards to space and aliens, it's hard to imagine something the size of the universe doesn't have another form of life. I'm not saying it's 100% true but damn we can't be the only fools out there.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 08, 2007, 10:23:45 AM

what in the hell does that mean?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 08, 2007, 11:45:30 AM

Ask an Inca, Aztec, Caribe or other native about the choices the ''Christian Conquistadors'' gave them.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 08, 2007, 11:46:14 AM

Ask an Inca, Aztec, Caribe or other native about the choices the ''Christian Conquistadors'' gave them.

well played.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#25 : November 08, 2007, 12:40:46 PM

I can't believe nobody understood what Angry Pirate was saying. It was a very clever point, indeed.

We could let one of the bible banger big college crazy people go and teach it to them :). "You aliens are going to hell!"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 08, 2007, 12:59:41 PM

The Requiremento, eh?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 08, 2007, 06:42:25 PM

We could let one of the bible banger big college crazy people go and teach it to them :). "You aliens are going to hell!"

Do you realize how many prayer dish towels and vials of anointed water they'd have to sell to build a spaceship??

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 08, 2007, 11:40:18 PM

It's really great that that accidental spark popped that single cell and forced it to divide - lucky for us that cell was here...right? Lucky that once it divided it remembered how to do it, often enough to invent millions of copies and sub copies and sub, sub copies...and that one cell turned into to so many different species. Man that thing was better than Oswalds magic bullet. Even though nothing can be found to show that this ever really happened...lucky we have so much proof though - else someone might conclude that without proof this is a belief, too.

Isn't it cool that our heads are on top of our necks - I'm glad gravity didn't act as a developing force on our bodies - I wouldn't like it if the heaviest part of our body developed closer to the ground...gravity be damned...wait...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 09, 2007, 12:03:16 AM

Men use whatever they can to gain dominance over others. Religion was used when some in the Catholic Church sold indulgences to the wealthy...temporary forgiveness. Religion was basterdized in order to gain what the Spanish government wanted. You can always find men to put on robes and do your bidding - for the right price. I mean after all - Jesus had Judas.

Today a wealthy liberal peace prize winner can preach to us to save the earth by dong what he say's is right...then a consensus can sell him some indulgences, er carbon offsets and he does what he tells us not to do....but he feels good about it because he's raising awareness and he's finally got a paying gig. After all, who can argue with a consensus?

So I ask - isn't the real problem men? Aren't we just angry that someone forces us to be accountable for our actions?

Perhaps if we think real hard we could come up with a final solution for all those Christians. Because you know - if it wasn't for Christians no one woud ever feel bad - right?

I mean we've got an example of what stamping out religion did for a country right? Once the religion thing is dealt with you can really build a workers utopia. You want to ask the Inca's if they liked what they thought of the spanairds? I want to ask the folks in the former USSR if it was cool when man wiped out religion yet still found a way to kill 20 million people while no one said a word - Or ask those German Jews if it was ok when a guy that had no formal religion tried to wipe them off the face of the earth - and again no one minded because, you know, the trains ran on time...

and then we'll pretend to work and they'll pretend to pay...

and we'll all be happy then....

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we evolve from Monkey's? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools