Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we evolve from Monkey's? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« : November 04, 2007, 01:30:50 AM »

Just asking...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 04, 2007, 01:34:53 AM »

http://www.gennet.org/facts/metro05.html

« #2 : November 04, 2007, 01:45:29 AM »

No. In spite of what this highly misinformed "Doctor" is trying to tell you, evolutionary theory does not say that man evolved from monkeys. It says that both species had a common ancestor. If you read some more of this guy's pages, you'll see that all he does is site many oft repeated and long ago dispelled cliches such as the "the second law of thermodynamics" argument.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 04, 2007, 07:08:27 AM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here(he,he)...and say, "NO."

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 04, 2007, 09:53:42 AM »

http://web.missouri.edu/~flinnm/courses/mah/lectures/evol_cont.htm

« #5 : November 04, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »

http://web.missouri.edu/~flinnm/courses/mah/lectures/evol_cont.htm

Which says "the three evolutionary branches of chimps, gorillas, and humans, may have split at about the same time." Meaning they evolved from a common ancestor, not that they evolved from each other.

T

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 04, 2007, 05:36:40 PM »

I think we evolved from Martians who were vacationing here and while they were here they had sex with some cave men, dirty little Martian whores.

HeHateMe

Rookie

« #7 : November 04, 2007, 06:07:48 PM »

Illuminator nailed it right on the head

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 05, 2007, 12:10:13 AM »

Not saying I think we are anything other than what we are.

But things change man.

I bet catholics hate the idea of spacetravel, evolving from simians, and life outside of the planet earth.

Just saying...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 05, 2007, 01:19:57 AM »

There is no such thing as spacetravel.   The only thing real is the bible.   The rest is all poppy**CENSORED**.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 05, 2007, 12:29:34 PM »

All humans or just some of the posters on these boards?

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 05, 2007, 01:46:35 PM »

I bet catholics hate the idea of spacetravel, evolving from simians, and life outside of the planet earth.

Actually, Catholics are pretty cool with all of those.  I honestly can't imagine why they would even potentially have an issue with the first one, but the latter two fall pretty firmly into the category of things that the Church has no official position on.  From Humani Generis:

The Teaching Authority of the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and discussions, on the part of men experiences in both fields, take place with regard to the doctrine of evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human body as coming from pre-existent and living matter—for the Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately created by God.

Which basically boils down to, "it's ok to believe in evolution so long as souls come straight from God".

Pope John Paul II later said:

Today, almost half a century after publication of the encyclical, new knowledge has led to the recognition of the theory of evolution as more than a hypothesis.  It is indeed remarkable that this theory has been progressively accepted by researchers, following a series of discoveries in various fields of knowledge.  The convergence, neither sought nor fabricated, of the results of work that was conducted independently is in itself a significant argument in favor of the theory.

As for extraterrestrial life, I don't know of any offical pronouncements from the Vatican, but this is an interesting article on the topic:

http://ieti.org/tough/books/succeeds/sectVp11.pdf

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 05, 2007, 03:44:23 PM »

How does the Vatican address dinosuars?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 05, 2007, 03:44:43 PM »

There is no such thing as spacetravel. The only thing real is the bible. The rest is all poppy**CENSORED**.
Which bible, the King James version?

And spacetravel exists...we do have shuttels and satellites...

I wonder if extra-terrestrials believe in the bible?

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 05, 2007, 03:48:54 PM »

How does the Vatican address dinosuars?

The same way that anyone else with a lick of sense does.  Catholics are NOT, as a rule, young-earth creationists. 
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did we evolve from Monkey's? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools