Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dennis Dixon vs. Tim Tebow « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: November 04, 2007, 09:29:36 AM

Tim Tebow                        Dennis Dixon

Passing                         

Completions                151                                       167

Attempts                     223                                       246

PCT                             67.7                                      67.9

Yards                          2228                                     2074

AVG                            10                                           8.4

TD                               21                                           20

INT                              4                                             3

Rating                        179.1                                    163.1

Rushing

Carries                       144                                       103

Yards                          598                                       549

YPC                             4.2                                        5.3

TD                               14                                           8

Pretty good numbers for both players.  Who deserves the Heisman?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2007, 09:37:12 AM

Dixon will get it b/c he's a Senior, they have less losses and they play cupcake teams the rest of the season. UF has S.C. and FSU still.

So while some ppl talk trash about UF not scheduling harder out of conference teams... look at Oregons teams remaining and UF's. And I believe FSU is a pretty damn hard out of conf. game.

If Tebow didnt hurt his shoulder he woulda went over 1,000 yards rushing.

Tebow wins it next year hands down.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 04, 2007, 10:26:21 AM

Oregon because they dont have 3 losses, and every game they have been in control of (even Cal). Who cares who Oregon has left look who they played before, I doubt 95% of teams would go 2-0 in back to back weeks with USC and ASU.  You gotta play cupcakes sometime... and Krazybuc UCLA, Arizona, OSU isnt out of conference.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 04, 2007, 10:32:10 AM

Dixon to play in the National Championship game, Oregon wins again and his draft stock plummets like Young's?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 04, 2007, 10:34:22 AM

Dixon to play in the National Championship game, Oregon wins again and his draft stock plummets like Young's?

IMO he probably slides into the first. He makes smart decisions, and has a accurate arm.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 04, 2007, 10:36:35 AM

USC and ASU aren't that good.  They both played nobody until Oregon and Cal.

The loss argument shouldn't factor in, in my opinion, because Tebow had nothing to do with ANY of them.  They put points on the board against all of the teams they lost against.

Another note, in Florida's three losses Tim Tebow threw a TOTAL of 2 interceptions.  In Oregon's one loss, Dennis Dixon threw 2 interceptions.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 04, 2007, 10:40:11 AM

USC and ASU aren't that good. They both played nobody until Oregon and Cal.

The loss argument shouldn't factor in, in my opinion, because Tebow had nothing to do with ANY of them. They put points on the board against all of the teams they lost against.

Another note, in Florida's three losses Tim Tebow threw a TOTAL of 2 interceptions. In Oregon's one loss, Dennis Dixon threw 2 interceptions.

who has Florida beat thats good then? If ASU isnt very good or USC. Are you going to say Kentucky or the mighty game**CENSORED**s? In oregons 1 loss who threw 2 INT... yeah and they still were only 2 inches away from being #1 in the country. His only other INT came at Washington which was a hailmary to end the half.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 04, 2007, 10:45:52 AM

Florida hasn't played SC yet...that is next weekend.

ALL of Tebow's interceptions have come because the WR (Riley Cooper for 3 of them) has run the wrong route.  I have yet to see him make a bad throw or wrong decision that gets intercepted.

Listen,  I wish Oregon the best and I think they are a good team.  But they are no where near as good as you think they are. 

I hope to see them in NC game so Dixon can show off his skills.  He is fun to watch.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 04, 2007, 10:49:24 AM

Florida hasn't played SC yet...that is next weekend.

ALL of Tebow's interceptions have come because the WR (Riley Cooper for 3 of them) has run the wrong route. I have yet to see him make a bad throw or wrong decision that gets intercepted.

Listen, I wish Oregon the best and I think they are a good team. But they are no where near as good as you think they are.

I hope to see them in NC game so Dixon can show off his skills. He is fun to watch.

Not as good as I think they are? What at 3 you think they are overrated?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 04, 2007, 10:51:16 AM

No, I think they should be three....you think they are the best team to ever walk on a football field.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 04, 2007, 10:52:53 AM

No, I think they should be three....you think they are the best team to ever walk on a football field.

Yeah right now I think they are the best team in the country. Im not the only one saying it...

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 04, 2007, 10:53:33 AM

Yeah right now I think they are the best team in the country. Im not the only one saying it...

opinions are like **CENSORED**s

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 04, 2007, 10:54:23 AM

I really hope they make it to the NC game.  They can show the country how good they are.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 04, 2007, 10:57:47 AM

I really hope they make it to the NC game. They can show the country how good they are.

we will see. whatever happens, happens. Rose Bowl/pac-10 champs Im happy.

gatorgirl!

Starter

#14 : November 04, 2007, 12:21:57 PM

Tebows going to be passed over for the Heisman this year. Probably solely due to rankings and where the teams fall come the end of the season.

Our defense lost us 3 big SEC games....Oregon and their offense only lost one. They're likely to play in the NC....we might get a SEC championship.

Dixons a senior....Tebows a sophmore.

It's pretty self explanitory. The winning team has to have the best player in the country right....duh? haha

Oh well, give Tebow his props, fly him to New York, and watch him run all over next year. He15man!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dennis Dixon vs. Tim Tebow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools